Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Two common features that these boards seem to lack

ImpacatusImpacatus Member Posts: 436

I've noticed a couple of things that always bothered me about these boards.  I've more or less gotten used to them, but I think they'd be a lot easier to use if these two features were added.

When replying to a thread, most boards seem to reproduce the whole thread, or at least a good part of it, under the text field.  This makes it a lot easier because you can easily reference the thread and see who said what so you don't misquote anyone.  These boards only reproduce one: the OP or the post you're replying to,  I can easily work around it by opening the thread in a new window, but it seems a needless inconvinience.

As far as I can tell, the only way to quote someone is to go to their post and hit "quote".  This doesn't work if you want to quote more than one person, or respond seperately to different parts of a post.  This forces players to use colors as a work around, which gets confusing.  Why can't we just make our own quotes like "[quote][/quote]" as many boards allow?  Or is there a way that I'm not aware of?

Thank you for your time.

If you're building an mmorpg, or if you'd like to share ideas or talk about this industry, visit Multiplayer Worlds.