Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There's just something....

AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648

First, I have to admit that I was a huge fan of SWG prior to the deconstruction of that game.  SWG was my first MMORPG experience and it was very much like crack for me.  I loved the community, the fact that it was Star Wars, and just the overall game play.  While I am just getting going in Ryzom I found myself feeling a lot the same way I did when I started with SWG.  I'm not sure why but there's just something about Rzyom......

Comments

• RehmesRehmes Member Posts: 600

May be the action customization and the deep crafting system. I had a similar feeling lol.

• ArteanArtean Member UncommonPosts: 215

For me, Ryzom gives the same feeling of freedom as early SWG did; developing you character in a direction you set by your self and explore the world in your own pace.

When in doubt, troll.

• RadiickRadiick Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by Artean

For me, Ryzom gives the same feeling of freedom as early SWG did; developing you character in a direction you set by your self and explore the world in your own pace.

My thoughts exactly!  The game just seems to flow for me.................nicely done and well paced IMO!

Its worse to actually think about doing something then actually doing it!!!

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

The community seals the deal for me in Ryzom.

Today I was working on my melee skills when I got a tell from a random Fyros within ten minutes we had a healer, a tank (myself), a Melee Dps and a caster in the team and we were just exploring it was a cool feeling taking on huge mobs 10 times the size of our characters, exploring new land.

We didn't have a quest or anything we made our own.

After three hours of exploring we came up on another city and parted ways not before adding everyone of them to my contact list...... It was a good day, New friends made new lands conquered and a new city discovered. Yes its was a good day indeed.

Ryzom

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

• AirwrenAirwren Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by metalhead980

The community seals the deal for me in Ryzom.
    Today I was working on my melee skills when I got a tell from a random Fyros within ten minutes we had a healer, a tank (myself), a Melee Dps and a caster in the team and we were just exploring it was a cool feeling taking on huge mobs 10 times the size of our characters, exploring new land.
    We didn't have a quest or anything we made our own.
    After three hours of exploring we came up on another city and parted ways not before adding everyone of them to my contact list...... It was a good day, New friends made new lands conquered and a new city discovered. Yes its was a good day indeed.

Ryzom

I wanted to thank you for your suggestion to try the game out MetalHead.  It's not very often that I try things soley on the advice of 1 gamer but I like how you described the game and I am thinking that I'm really going to dig this MMO. 

• SxarletSxarlet Member Posts: 112

still feels fresh, doesnt it?

Funny for a mmorpg that was launched 4 years ago ;)

I just hope future devs would dare to learn from this and not develop any more quest and class driven mmorpgs.. (but hey, the majority seems to like that, so who am I to think that)

"I wanted to thank you for your suggestion to try the game out MetalHead. It's not very often that I try things soley on the advice of 1 gamer but I like how you described the game and I am thinking that I'm really going to dig this MMO."

Np bro.

Look me up in game Names Minmataro

Fyros Karavan faction.

Actually the guy i play in game is my new forum avatar.

I'm wearing fyros heavy armor my guild crafted for me in that pick.

• jackobajackoba Member Posts: 124

minmataro,

give me a /tell in game mate I'll get you some of the nicer gear sorted as you seem the kinda guy this game needs to keep (dont worry I'm not a guild recruiter)

/tell jackoba

• ArteanArtean Member UncommonPosts: 215
    Originally posted by Sxarlet

still feels fresh, doesnt it?

Funny for a mmorpg that was launched 4 years ago ;)

I just hope future devs would dare to learn from this and not develop any more quest and class driven mmorpgs.. (but hey, the majority seems to like that, so who am I to think that)

Ryzom feels surprisingly fresh, indeed, and that count for the graphics as well. I havn't walked the earth of Atys in almost two years, and I had my doubts when I logged back in the other night. But Atys is a beautiful and charming as I remember!

Well, eventhough we are a minority we are not alone. That will hopefully be acknowledge by a dev team some time, other than Nevrax and CCP.

When in doubt, troll.

• MaDSaMMaDSaM Member Posts: 627
    Originally posted by jackoba

minmataro,
    give me a /tell in game mate I'll get you some of the nicer gear sorted as you seem the kinda guy this game needs to keep (dont worry I'm not a guild recruiter)
    /tell jackoba

Yeah, but you are eeeeevil and D3ADLY, aren´t you

CU

SaM

Ryzom, we dare to be different.
    Do you dare to adapt?
  • SherkalynSherkalyn Member Posts: 105

Fyros Karavan faction.

I think I saw you talk in Uni chat the other night. I'm Sherkalyn, I spend most of my time in Dyron and Pyr, digging, rezzing, running around just to see who's that blue dot on my compass...

... you'll surely get to know me soon enough. 

---------
    Sherkalyn
    Crazy Marshmallow Lady
    Guild Leader of The Exodus Syndicate in Ryzom
    "Experience Perfection :: Unharness Your Power"
    www.exodusgs.com

Originally posted by jackoba

minmataro,
    /tell jackoba

Sorry Ive been playing Ryzom... haven't had much of a chance to check the mmorpg forums.

Tomorrow when I log in I'll give you a heads up.

Originally posted by Sherkalyn

Fyros Karavan faction.

I think I saw you talk in Uni chat the other night. I'm Sherkalyn, I spend most of my time in Dyron and Pyr, digging, rezzing, running around just to see who's that blue dot on my compass...

... you'll surely get to know me soon enough. 

Yeah you did, Uni chat is awesome.