Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WAR 120 lvls? ha ha come on...

2»

Comments

• minutemaidminutemaid Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by eq2js

Dude it's not a good idea the combat is terrible don't make the same mistake I did and preorder.

Watch http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pm0-dPZ34M

Even 1v1 in WAR is more exciting/fun than anything WoW's ever put out....

---------------------------
    Will play: not WAR, HELLO KITTY ONLINE!!11one

Playing: EVE

Played: EQ (+all expansions too), Asheron''s Call 2, Anarchy Online, Planet Side, EQ2, WoW (+TBC), EVE

• Originally posted by oinyo

Yeah the reason I am so raging on WAR is because my guild abandoned me for that damn game :/ Now I roam solo...

Just from what I have seen so far on one of the euro servers I play on, your guild will not be the only one to meet such a fate.

Regardless of how good or bad you think WOW is, people get tired of the end game grind in any game.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

I thought there were only 40 lvls in War, thats what I got from an interview i watched. And you can lvl any way you want. You can do pure PvE to 40 or RvR to 40 and never have to do a quest or a little of both to lvl 40.

• KabbaxKabbax Member Posts: 278
    Originally posted by cukimunga

I thought there were only 40 lvls in War, thats what I got from an interview i watched. And you can lvl any way you want. You can do pure PvE to 40 or RvR to 40 and never have to do a quest or a little of both to lvl 40.

He's talking about Renown. Alternative advancement points only obtained through PvP or Scenarios, which can be used for items, stats and abilities.

Gonna have to ask on the War board how many ranks, sub ranks there are to renown.

People were using Warcrafts expansion adding 10 more levels as an argument for why Blizzard is bad, and just likes to add more grind, and thats why Warhammer is better. But actually Warhammer is a perpetual grind like Warcraft just allowing you to advance more through PvP then just PvE when it comes to your characters development.

Warhammer's expansions will add grinds like Warcraft's grinds. Warhammer is newer and different style of game play. But its still a level based system like many of the other MMOs no matter how much people try to make it sound like a bad thing and that blizzard is the only company that practices this.

Warhammer will be new and fresh, there is no reason for people to constantly attack WoW in defense of Warhammer, since many of the same elements exist in Warhammer.

"The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius."
    -Oscar Wilde

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258
    Originally posted by Kabbax

Originally posted by cukimunga

He's talking about Renown. Alternative advancement points only obtained through PvP or Scenarios, which can be used for items, stats and abilities.

Gonna have to ask on the War board how many ranks, sub ranks there are to renown.

People were using Warcrafts expansion adding 10 more levels as an argument for why Blizzard is bad, and just likes to add more grind, and thats why Warhammer is better. But actually Warhammer is a perpetual grind like Warcraft just allowing you to advance more through PvP then just PvE when it comes to your characters development.

Warhammer's expansions will add grinds like Warcraft's grinds. Warhammer is newer and different style of game play. But its still a level based system like many of the other MMOs no matter how much people try to make it sound like a bad thing and that blizzard is the only company that practices this.

Warhammer will be new and fresh, there is no reason for people to constantly attack WoW in defense of Warhammer, since many of the same elements exist in Warhammer.

Ah that makes sense to me,I like the idea that PvP gave you experence. In WoW i spent 2 or 3 days in WSG to get my Purple bracers for lvl 40. I just felt like I wasn't really accomplishing anything, now at max lvl it would not have bothered me.

It wouldnt have taken so long if some of my battles that i was in didnt take an hour to complete. Sometimes those WSG battles just go on forever.

• XtortXtort Member Posts: 392
    Originally posted by oinyo

Come on. What are they thinking. Thank god WoW is not falling into this trap. I dont want to spend a year getting max lvl to enjoy the game. I want to max in a week or 2 so I can enjoy guild raids with my guild.
    I just found out in WAR you lvl up to 40 in pve then start going up 80 lvls in PVP
    pve = 40 lvls
    PVP = 80 lvls
    = 120 lvl.
    come on.. what were they thinking.. I would much rather have the WoW system where I get tickets for cool items rather then xp and lvls. What happens if I want to pvp and I am lvl 4 and some lvl 80 jackass finds me? :/ At least with tickets I have a fair chance still and wont get completely owned.
    In any case I think this is going to hurt WAR heavily. Who the hell wants to get PVP xp and lvls? PvP should simply be for a quick meaningless battle. Keep it to the PVE raids to have purpose...

This message is full of false information. PvE = 40 lvls, what's that? You get ranks by doing just RvR/PvP, you do NOT need to do PvE. Renown Ranks (RRs) show how much you contribute in the RvR.

Is it difficult for your to PvP/RvR and do you prefer doing mindless raid and faction grinding? You belong to WoW, don't ever move anywhere!

lol

-----------------------------
    Osbourne Cox: You are the guy from the gym.

Ted Treffon: I don't represent Hardbodies.

Osbourne Cox: I know very well what you represent. You represent the idiocy of today.

Ted Treffon: No, I don't represent that either.

Osbourne Cox: You are part of a league of morons. Oh, yes. You see you're one of the morons I've been fighting my whole life. But guess what. Today, I win.

• SentimeSentime Member UncommonPosts: 270

WAR's regular levels and RvR levels whcih both make your character more powerful skillwise and give you access to more powerful gear.  This gear and skills make you more powerful in both PvE and PvP.

Therefore it's correct to say that WAR has 120 levels.

• spyhunter107spyhunter107 Member Posts: 104

You're a casaul player that wants everything with little or no effort at all. And please don't say "I'm not casual", if you won't a casual player, you wouldn't be complaining.

Those that achieve goals through hardwork should be rewarded despite if it took xx amount of time to acquire that achievement. The point of pvping is suppose to be fundamental, but you're viewing it as ifwas a grind fest. 

If you really want to be at top then you should dedicate your time rvring in Warhammer beside warning about being steamroll from a player that dedicated his time and effort to acqurie the gear, skills, and stats to achieve greatness. The many reason why I disliked Age of Conan was because someone that leveled to 80 could beat someone that has been level 80 for quite a while despute the awful the gear and stat customization within the game; the time investing into those type of games doesn't seem worth my time.

I love challenges especially 2v1 gear aside, but I hate when casual players want everything what hardcore took hard and long to achieve with little to no effort.

World of warcraft is geared base it involves little to no skills, it's all about the 1337 arena gear.

• oinyooinyo Member Posts: 59

Well :P I am not really casual. I put in 30 hours a week. Its just I have a job so I cant raid until 2 AM then get up 4 hours later for work. Hence the issue :)

If everything was not locked into tight schedule I may still be there :)

Ha ha,. I was actually no shit told to quit my job or quit the guild. :P

• ChiramChiram Member UncommonPosts: 643
    Originally posted by spyhunter107

If you really want to be at top then you should dedicate your time rvring in Warhammer beside warning about being steamroll from a player that dedicated his time and effort to acqurie the gear, skills, and stats to achieve greatness.

Just like the grand marshal/high warlords in wow?. 14-22hrs a day to get the title and gear?. Warhammer devs have already stated that ALL ITEMS within the game are obtainable to people with short play schedules. Sure, SOME items are reserved for the unemployed, but you will only be at max, 5% better stat wise than a casual gamer once he/she gets up there.

This game, truly is designed for both casual and hardcore, the only difference is now the hardcore will have to live with the fact that they can't a.) be bullies and b.) be walking gods compared to people who actually provide for society.

• XtortXtort Member Posts: 392
    Originally posted by eq2js

WAR combat is slow and boring. Especially for melee characters who just stand there and press a button every 2 seconds, and if the person you are fighting runs, you actually have to move forward and follow them. The last part is most likely the more entertaining.....
    None of the classes in WAR even compare to WoW, and the PvE is pathetic. Trust me, stay away from WAR. WoW is a much better game, with more than just RvR content that is actually decent.

WAR global cooldown = 1.4 seconds

WoW global cooldown = 1.5 seconds (except rogue type classes)

How is WAR combat slower, I fail to understand....

-----------------------------
    Osbourne Cox: You are the guy from the gym.

Ted Treffon: I don't represent Hardbodies.

Osbourne Cox: I know very well what you represent. You represent the idiocy of today.

Ted Treffon: No, I don't represent that either.

Osbourne Cox: You are part of a league of morons. Oh, yes. You see you're one of the morons I've been fighting my whole life. But guess what. Today, I win.

• blisterfistblisterfist Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by oinyo

Come on. What are they thinking. Thank god WoW is not falling into this trap. I dont want to spend a year getting max lvl to enjoy the game. I want to max in a week or 2 so I can enjoy guild raids with my guild.
    I just found out in WAR you lvl up to 40 in pve then start going up 80 lvls in PVP
    pve = 40 lvls
    PVP = 80 lvls
    = 120 lvl.
    come on.. what were they thinking.. I would much rather have the WoW system where I get tickets for cool items rather then xp and lvls. What happens if I want to pvp and I am lvl 4 and some lvl 80 jackass finds me? :/ At least with tickets I have a fair chance still and wont get completely owned.
    In any case I think this is going to hurt WAR heavily. Who the hell wants to get PVP xp and lvls? PvP should simply be for a quick meaningless battle. Keep it to the PVE raids to have purpose...

lol, you dont know what you are talking about, but you make a thread anyway.

pvp lvs (renown lv) are only for gear with certain renown lv requirement, and to buy renown skills & tactics, it doesnt represent your health/damage/stats.

lv4 against a lv80 would never happen because of the tier system anyway.

also you gain exp & renown exp by PvP(RvR) so you dont  'get to lv 40 in pve then start going up 80 lvs in pvp'.  you can do both whenever you want however you want 

i was lv 13 & renown rank 11 in the preview weekend 

• karat76karat76 Member UncommonPosts: 1,000

If that is true OP then I hope your old guild is all sterile as clearly they are fundamental flawed if they take a game that seriously and thus have no redeeming qualities to offer the gene pool. That is almost as bad as a guild telling me to lock my kids in their rooms so I could raid and that i need to get my priorities straight.

This discussion has been closed.