Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A new monitor

mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

I currently have about a five year old monitor, and I think it's time to get a new one.  I don't want to spend too much; I was thinking in the price range of $200-300.  I'm looking for something that will make the games look great (obviously).

Any recommendations? 

P.S.  I would prefer Dell.

Thanks!

Comments

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

LG has come out with some really great monitors rescently.  Here are a few notes on monitors to get a good looking image.  1. Anti-glare/reflection.  2. High Contrast Ratio. 3. Good response time. and 4. High native resolution.  So I was searching for this in your price range, making it impossible to find a dell that fits this criteria.  These 2 are the best I can find.

LG 22" 2ms 10000:1 Contrast Ratio LCD $289.99

Samsung 19" 2ms 20000:1 Contrast Ratio LCD $239.99

• Rayx0rRayx0r Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,902
    Originally posted by CleffyII

LG has come out with some really great monitors rescently.  Here are a few notes on monitors to get a good looking image.  1. Anti-glare/reflection.  2. High Contrast Ratio. 3. Good response time. and 4. High native resolution.  So I was searching for this in your price range, making it impossible to find a dell that fits this criteria.  These 2 are the best I can find.
    LG 22" 2ms 10000:1 Contrast Ratio LCD $289.99
    Samsung 19" 2ms 20000:1 Contrast Ratio LCD $239.99

I own that LG monitor.  It looks amazing

“"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a robot foot stomping on a human face -- forever."