Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Server?

Hi, Im gonna launch this game later today. I need something to do until WAR launces :P

Anyways, I read about the rather big population og AFK'ers and botters. And would like to know what server has the least AFK'ers and botters around atm.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Well, you don't have a lot of choices.

There are 2 PvP servers, Bristia and Illier, and one non PvP server, Orpesia

Illier is for Europeans, though the server is still in California, I think the events are just more Euro friendly, time zone wise.

Orpesia is full of AFKers. Tonight I was playing and I didn't see anyone broading (talking across the server, requires an item per use), so broaded a message asking if everyone was quiet tonight. I got a message back from a couple people saying "It's always quiet". Heh.

Bristia presumably isn't full of AFKers (since PvP makes AFKing difficult), but I've heard bad things about the player botting there. Not that Orpesia is bot free, but most the big clans there kick botters out, while on Bristia they seem to embrace them.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• jmgamer02jmgamer02 Member Posts: 3

I play on Bristia! BRISTIA FTW!!!

• HarsinHarsin Member Posts: 2

Hey, im wondering about starting playing this game, but im from Europe, and as I know all servers are located in USA , am I right? I dont have good connection so prolly ill have lags ;s anyone playing from europe?

The game has a pretty sizeable European population, actually. At least on my server (Orpesia).  And also I've noticed a lot more active players of late. I was in Skull Dungeon level 1, and the whole place was full of active players.  Amazing!

Dunno about the lag, but sometimes distance isn't the factor - I used to play Perfect World, which had servers in Malaysia, and the lag there wasn't bad. Better than Sword actually, because for some routes that connect to Sword , there's a lot of slowdown on the way there. But I think Europeans have a different route, so generally aren't as affected much.

• jmerriexjmerriex APB Reloaded ProducerMember Posts: 149
    Originally posted by trancejeremy

The game has a pretty sizeable European population, actually. At least on my server (Orpesia).  And also I've noticed a lot more active players of late. I was in Skull Dungeon level 1, and the whole place was full of active players.  Amazing!

Dunno about the lag, but sometimes distance isn't the factor - I used to play Perfect World, which had servers in Malaysia, and the lag there wasn't bad. Better than Sword actually, because for some routes that connect to Sword , there's a lot of slowdown on the way there. But I think Europeans have a different route, so generally aren't as affected much.

Hey Trace,

What country you coming from? We are looking into moving Illier (and a PvE server) to Europe but I was curious where your connecting from.

Our hope is when the new route from France opens up next year there will be a LOT less traffic on our current one. Either way we are checking into moving some servers to Germany or Turkey, do you think that connectivity would be better for you?

www.apb.com

Twitter:
    @G1Neume

Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/APBReloaded

Heh, I'm in St. Louis (USA, home of the world's worst NFL team). Which was my poorly expressed point. I'm maybe 1500 miles from the servers. While most my friends/acquaintances in the game are actually in Europe and thus what, 6000-8,000 miles away, and they usually have much less lag than me, because I have a lousy route (through Chicago, which is like a great black hole according to the trace route.)