Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is Matrix Online a game to buy?

I've been looking around for a good MMO (left WOW <----- ewwww) and haven't found anything at all. so, what's this game like?

Comments

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706

Kinda cool at first but gets boring and repetative very quickly. Plus, at this stage, it'll be near impossible to find other low level players to do missions with.

• dhayes68dhayes68 Member UncommonPosts: 1,388

Just started recently. The game itself its actually pretty damn impressive. The environment is spectacular. So large and detailed, surprised more people aren't playing it.

Yes, leveling can be mind-numbingly boring. Doing regular missions almost made me quit at lvl 10 thinking I was going to be doing the same thing over and over pointlessly for 40 more lvls.  HOWEVER then I discovered Archive Missions. Wow these are fun. Been doing them to lvl 21 so far and still have TONS to do.  Its like seeing another Matrix movie. Probably the most in depth storyline I've seen in an MMO. You can solo all the missions and while there wont be many lowbies group with if you want to there will be many helpful high lvls willing to help.

My advice, try the free trial make up your own mind.

There is one down side and sadly its a bigge. As I play, the knowledge that the game is basically done, and there will be little to no major dev in the future and frankly who knows how long til SOE pulls the plug is a big downer.