Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Matrix Online 2 Announced!!

burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420

SOE Entertainment has announced development of a new Matrix Online game! With a completly new engine supporting DirectX 10 and a fresh development team, expect the sequel to enter beta testing Q4 2009!

Some features include:

- Seamless open world construct (go anywhere, within the matrix with no loading screens)

- Drivable Vehicles with bullet time - re-enact your favourite moments from the Matrix Reloaded!

- Awesome new graphics engine brings the Matrix Construct to life with DirectX10 features!

- Epic overarching storyline

- Casual Friendley, quest based fast advancement to cut the grind!

- Free for all PVP servers - Man Vs Machine!

Stay tuned for more details as they become available!

PS - Yes, this is a joke/wishlist.....

Comments

• nakumanakuma Member UncommonPosts: 1,310

corny joke actually. then again this game is on life support. good riddance truthfully. game with good potential mucked up by SOE. they are merely eeking out a profit from the die hard fans. truly sad cause i was a major matrix fan.

3.4ghz Phenom II X4 965, 8GB PC12800 DDR3 GSKILL, EVGA 560GTX 2GB OC, 640GB HD SATA II, BFG 1000WATT PSU. MSI NF980-G65 TRI-SLI MOBO.

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003
    Originally posted by nakuma

corny joke actually. then again this game is on life support. good riddance truthfully. game with good potential mucked up by SOE. they are merely eeking out a profit from the die hard fans. truly sad cause i was a major matrix fan.

Lets be fair Monolith made the mess that is the matrix long before SOE got involved..what SOE should have done was to pull the plug a long time ago though

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448

Whoops deleted post as I realised it was a joke.

/fail

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by fozzie22

Lets be fair Monolith made the mess that is the matrix long before SOE got involved..what SOE should have done was to pull the plug a long time ago though

Seriously, I don't understand SOE either.

The only people that can still play this game, are the ones with old hardware.

Anyone with the latest hardware from the last 2 years will run in serious issues that make insta log out of the game just as fast as you logged in.

There is one developer on the game. Nothing more. And he is not the kind of dev needed to fix the game to make it compatible with the latest hardware.

This game is really not bad at all. It's actually really fun to play. It just doesn't run on the new rigs :(

Cheers

• ChlodwigChlodwig Member Posts: 150

Why Sony still runs it? Because it's another title to tack to their "look what you get for a Station Pass account" list.

Seriously. Look down that list and ponder which titles you know and which of those titles you know ain't on life support.

• ardohainardohain Member Posts: 103

matrix online is currently #1 worst mmo i've ever tried. i felt embarrassed for the people that thought it should be backed and parented into existance.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Jeeze.  We've had a rash of these, fake announcements followed by...oh just joking.  Getting kind of old really.

• SinzOfManSinzOfMan Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by burdock2

SOE Entertainment has announced development of a new Matrix Online game! With a completly new engine supporting DirectX 10 and a fresh development team, expect the sequel to enter beta testing Q4 2009!
    Some features include:

- Seamless open world construct (go anywhere, within the matrix with no loading screens)
    - Drivable Vehicles with bullet time - re-enact your favourite moments from the Matrix Reloaded!
    - Awesome new graphics engine brings the Matrix Construct to life with DirectX10 features!

wow... today's youth have no imagination...

• Synapze777Synapze777 Member Posts: 5

Yeah well... the game had my interest for 3 years now, and truth be told it could be a lot better (with more funding and 2 more devs)  but then again it's a small hardcore fanbase that keeps this game alive so we do have a little village feeling to the servers... it's not only black and white in the Matrix people. It's all green  ;)

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

SOE would probly keep the game alive if you didn't play either.  It's just a name they can put into the station pass advertisment to make it more impressive lol.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

I sometimes log in to ninja kick a damn rabbit when I have my all access pass account active.

Never played when other company owned it...just picked it up cause was like 15 bucks and could add it to my AAP a few years back.

Had a couple of cool things in it. Shame it didnt ever pan out cause I really liked the first movie. The other 2 were OK...but not as mind blowing. Not even close.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• AKxALLxDAYAKxALLxDAY Member Posts: 70
    Originally posted by burdock2

Some features include:

I was going to say lol,

Everyone knows this game kinda died and is like in the games for low budget section of best buy lol

Playing:
    WoW Sentanced Level 80 DK
    GW Eazy A K Level 20 W/N
    DF Max Pain Dwarf
    Played:
    KO EVE SL RS WAR RoM EQ1 Allods OI
    Waiting for:
    Cataclysm
    Diablo 3
    APB!!!
    GW2

• AlmightyXAlmightyX Member UncommonPosts: 26

Lol had me going.

Its a shame how ppl are now talking about the game. Back in the day it was awesome with still the best social interaction in any mmo ive come across. Havent had as much fun since.

Sad to see how far it has fallen, and worse new ppl try it and call it crap. Mxo was always about the players, but now theres very few left.

I wish the game was allowed to die with some dignity. Not dragged on like i've read about with 1 dev at the helm. { i did check it out a few mths ago and Recursion was dead :( }

Let Mxo RIP

• silentkill12silentkill12 Member Posts: 5

Are there many keanu reeves character here? hahaha

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

like monolith was doing any better. Its funny how people want to blame SoE when they are the ones who saved the IP.

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519
    Originally posted by Chlodwig

Why Sony still runs it? Because it's another title to tack to their "look what you get for a Station Pass account" list.
    Seriously. Look down that list and ponder which titles you know and which of those titles you know ain't on life support.

EQ, EQ2 and though i dont want to say it VG.

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258
    Originally posted by Goldknyght

Originally posted by Chlodwig

EQ, EQ2 and though i dont want to say it VG.

Yeah it sucks that those games are not doing well.   I like eq2 and VG its just I enjoy playing with my friends and family  more, and they all play WoW. So untill this beast we call WoW is still alive pretty much every other game will have a hard time.

But I was all excited about a Matrix 2, now im all depressed now its time to go kill myself, thanks a lot OP.............   lol J/K   It would be cool if they did make a new Matrix game.