Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stop Lying

I'm going to start with this:  For the trolls, I don't know what game is going to make you happy, evidently absolutely nothing, but stop lying to make your point.

Lie: PVP is slow, fights are slow and boring.

Fact: The first time in a scenario, it'll be like your prom night all over again.  Fast, shameful, and you'll never be quite sure what happened.

Lie: PVP is a zerg fest.

Fact: For scenarios, its the same as playing AB in WoW.  You have feints, defense, offense, basic strategy.  Keep the people off the healers, etc. etc.  It's WARhammer, you take the point by smashing people into the ground.

Lie: Crafting is boring and stuiped.

Fact: This is probably the most well thought out crafting system to date.  EQ2 is not well thought out, don't cite it, EQ2 turns crafting into a mini-game.  Warhammer makes crafting an art, you FIND the ingredients, there are no recipes.  You have control over the final product, not just the quality.

Lie: It's full of bugs.

Fact: AI pathing is bad.  That was the only bug I found.  If you make a statement like the former, you better back it up with examples and possibly a screen shot, or go back to your cave.

Lie: Public quests are zerg fests.

Fact: I'm tired of the "zerg fest" arguement, I think the people who claim this lack situational awareness and can't see what is supposed to happen.  It clearly states the objects for the public quest at any given stage.  Opening day could be described as "Frenzied" as everyone and their mother was trying to do the n00b zone.  By Sunday, (when the trolls that got to level 3 decided the game stunk and left), public quests became more organized, forming warbands (raids) to complete them.  The only reason it felt frenzied Friday and Saturday was due to it being preview weekend.  Opening day will be the same way, I don't know why you fail to grasp that.

Lie: X class is overpowered.

Fact: I started as a chosen, and thought I was unstoppable and they were over powered.  I then rolled a bright wizard, and thought they were over powered because I could drop anyone like third period french, so clearly bright wizards are overpowered.  I then rolled a rune priest and was able to tank 3x chosen in tier 2 RVR gear, so clearly rune priests are over powered.  I then rolled a white lion, and with the crit aura, anyone who ran from me was dead.  Again, they must be over powered.

Conclusion: I'm playing pvp with a bunch of people who don't know how to play their class because they've been playing the game for a couple of hours...tops.  I just adapted faster than they did.  You can't speculate on balance when noone knew what they were doing.  Probably half the time I would go into a scenario with people who didn't know where to go or how to win.

Lie: There is no crowd control.

Fact: Bright wizards get a smoke distraction skill pretty low level that is useful, and an AOE snare at lvl 10 or 11.  Rune priests get a decent (I'm going to call it blind, but it doesn't work quite the same, its a damage mitigater as long as I don't attack them), pretty low as well.  Basically, noone got high enough to find their CC skill.  Many of the better skills (if you bothered reading the skills are the career trainer), you don't get until the 20's.  To be perfectly honest, for all I know the smoke and "blind" skill also clear me as a target, because easily half the time, the person switched targets.  If it also has the added bonus of the hunter "feign death" target clear, thats also a nice feature.  The reason I'm not entirely sure is noone ever used any of those skills on me.  That also says something (I got all four characters to lvl 12), and not once did anyone figure out how to use those skills against me.

If you come up with any more lies, I'll be happy to dispel them.

Comments

• Amon_AmarthAmon_Amarth Member Posts: 219

Stop whining.

• altairzqaltairzq Member Posts: 3,811
    Originally posted by ulberon

Fact: This is probably the most well thought out crafting system to date.  EQ2 is not well thought out, don't cite it, EQ2 turns crafting into a mini-game.  Warhammer makes crafting an art, you FIND the ingredients, there are no recipes.  You have control over the final product, not just the quality.

Hmm this is very hard to believe. Almost everybody accepts that crafting is an afterthought in this game. How can it be so good as being qualified as an art? Dosent' make any sense, and makes me wonder about the rest of the post.

• memoirmemoir Member Posts: 142

Why should these be lies if everyone can see them and have noticed?

And everyone comments on them.

Sounds like PR ALI all over again.

"We have no problems, no problems at all, it is fast and furious with LOTS of CC and LOTS of professions and LOTS of AH."

And everything will be solved.

All the rest is lies.

• Zayne3145Zayne3145 Member Posts: 1,448

I hope you're being ironic here.

• ulberonulberon Member Posts: 198
    Originally posted by altairzq

Hmm this is very hard to believe. Almost everybody accepts that crafting is an afterthought in this game. How can it be so good as being qualified as an art? Dosent' make any sense, and makes me wonder about the rest of the post.

How many of these people actually leveled up any crafting?  Every single MMO up until this point requires you to do the following: Buy recipe from trader.  Learn recipe.  Gather ingredients for recipe (clearly state what is required and where to find it).  Make X of recipe.  Buy new recipe from trader...

What this allows you to do, is while you are hunting, you are gathering pieces of animal, whatever you find off corpses, etc.  You look at what you have and see what it can make.  How do you not see the brilliance in that?  There is no grinding, money sink, worthless skill.  You can always turn whatever you are already gathering into something useful and if you are smart, you can find better ingredients for better potions.  I would love to see a counter argument for why something like WoW's crafting is better.

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Dear OP, I agree with everything you said apart from the crap about crafting.

Crafting in Warhammer is crapness incarnate. It requires next to zero effort and most certainly feels exactly like an afterthought.

Well thought out? No.

Making crafting an art? No.

You should just edit the crafting part out of your post.

• SoraellionSoraellion Member UncommonPosts: 558

Thank you for your insightful post, I haven't played lately (I had 'access' to a beta a while ago) on purpose as not to get jaded/opiniated before the game actually went live. Sounds like you're a levelheaded guy who'ssick and tired of the idiots and their moronic posts.

Feel free to post more.

Originally posted by Zayne3145

I hope you're being ironic here.

I mean mini-game as in you are playing freakin tetris when you craft in EQ2, or peggle or whatever 2d casual game you want to call it.  You're just payign $15 a month for it and playing it inside an MMO.

• Soki123Soki123 Member RarePosts: 2,558

Lies: The game sucks

Fact: The game is fun as hell

• PossumPossum Member UncommonPosts: 65

i guess i read the same a few months ago... in a aoc forum.

we will see how good the game is, a few weeks after release.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by altairzq

He destroyed his whole post by referring to the wrong game. Crafting in EQ2 is actually well thought out.

He would have been better off comparing it towards Age of Conan or Tabula Rasa.

So in an essence, he became the troll himself with this very statement.

Have a nice day.

• Darkor_hXcDarkor_hXc Member UncommonPosts: 209

I agree with ulberon about all that He's saying, I don't know about crafting cause I think is bored. U just need to stop being a noob and play more than 10 hours to know the game at least to a minimum level. U will figure that WAR is more than It seems to be.

hahaha "Lie: It's full of bugs.". Bugs WTF? Some art bugs and thats all. U guys should complain about the imba Oil in keep sieges, oh really u didn't make it to tier 2.

• Cotillion99Cotillion99 Member UncommonPosts: 251

Crafting does seem kind of tacked on to the game.  Kind of like how pvp was tacked onto WoW.

• Lance08Lance08 Member Posts: 120
    Originally posted by Soki123

Couldn't have said it better.

Now I just need Mythic to turn the servers on so I can get some more Warcrack lol.Preview was awesome, needs some work but much better than I had expected goin in.

Unfortunately for some you cant 1 hit people in this game and you actually need skill, who would have thought that lol.

Great job Mythic!!!!

If all you did was buy the crap ingredients from the merchant, then yes, it probably is to you.  However, if you looked for exotic animals, you'd find they drop better ingredients.  Just think about what that means.  If this was WoW, what potion does onyxia blood make?

Originally posted by Lance08

Now I just need Mythic to turn the servers on so I can get some more Warcrack lol.Preview was awesome, needs some work but much better than I had expected goin in.

Unfortunately for some you cant 1 hit people in this game and you actually need skill, who would have thought that lol.

Great job Mythic!!!!

Yep, all the combat is slow comments are too funny. Last nite my wife and i were in a scenario, she was shaman i was black orc. We both couldn t beleive how long the fights lasted and some actual tactics actually were involved. Granted she was healing the hell out of me and the enemies weren t touching her( not sure why they attacked me and not the healer lol) but it was so fun having 2-3 min fights for a control point. Now if the GCD lag would be fixed that will make the game even funner which i hope they re working on now.

• IKShadowIKShadow Member UncommonPosts: 783

Fact: OP is total fanboi

Futilez[Do You Have What It Takes ?]

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

If all you did was buy the crap ingredients from the merchant, then yes, it probably is to you.  However, if you looked for exotic animals, you'd find they drop better ingredients.  Just think about what that means.  If this was WoW, what potion does onyxia blood make?

Dude did you even try the crafting sytem in WAR?

Apothecary profession NEEDS all three gathering professions and you can only choose one.

Where do you think this is going to lead to? Exactly, people buying it from either merchant and trader.

So WAR isn't any different in that compared to the other MMO's. As it's one of the ways to get an ingame economy going.

Originally posted by Lance08

Great job Mythic!!!!

Yep, all the combat is slow comments are too funny. Last nite my wife and i were in a scenario, she was shaman i was black orc. We both couldn t beleive how long the fights lasted and some actual tactics actually were involved. Granted she was healing the hell out of me and the enemies weren t touching her( not sure why they attacked me and not the healer lol) but it was so fun having 2-3 min fights for a control point. Now if the GCD lag would be fixed that will make the game even funner which i hope they re working on now.

bp1.blogger.com/_LoomOAF0wvM/R24V2szfpTI/AAAAAAAAAIw/s8A6GOZvzck/s1600-h/20070921.jpg

Shoot the healer first, penny-arcade comic.  Pretty much sums it up.

• memoirmemoir Member Posts: 142

Fact:

Everythng the OP says is denied by about all forums on the web.

So we are all liars I suppose.

Talking of a conspiracy.

Poor poor Warhammer. Those mean lying people out there.

Just INVENTING those things of long downtime combat abilities, those lacking crowd control combat, those non destructable keeps, those CTD that don't occur.

Those dungeons that are beautiful playable...

If you can say it has the best professions since EQ2, well who is the biggest liar then ?

• KilmarKilmar Member UncommonPosts: 844

Lie: The OP is a human

Fact: The OP is a troll

• LiquidWolfLiquidWolf Member CommonPosts: 516
    Originally posted by memoir

Fact:
    Talking of a conspiracy.
    Just INVENTING those things of long downtime combat abilities, those lacking crowd control combat, those non destructable keeps, those CTD that don't occur.
    If you can say it has the best professions since EQ2, well who is the biggest liar then ?

This post has made my faith in MMORPG.com fall by 3 points.

Play Warhammer to form your own opinion, the company has done good by me and my kin. (er friends)

Solid company, solid game, then add it Warhammer and it is all great.

It is fun, but be sure to try it out.

Originally posted by memoir

Fact:
    Talking of a conspiracy.

It s easy to have this happen when you have millions of WOW fans worried they re going to lose customers. WAR is a good game stop disecting it to death. For a beta it was pretty damn good, bugs sure, CTD sure but that happens in every game. As a MMO player you should know this. If you don t like WAR leave and play whatever you like. Not sure why people are so dead set on picking apart games that are in BETA.

Originally posted by Guillermo197

Dude did you even try the crafting sytem in WAR?

Apothecary profession NEEDS all three gathering professions and you can only choose one.

Where do you think this is going to lead to? Exactly, people buying it from either merchant and trader.

So WAR isn't any different in that compared to the other MMO's. As it's one of the ways to get an ingame economy going.

This creates something called a "Market".

• bverjibverji Member UncommonPosts: 722
    Originally posted by IKShadow

Fact: OP is total fanboi

lol