Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me choose a nice solo class

ZodanZodan Member Posts: 564

Currently playing the dragon-lookalike Bruiser and wondering that it's quite effective in taking down even multiple enemies - should I reroll, I want a class that is fun and relatively easy to level. Would be also nice to get some groups too but main focus is soloing 80-90% of the time.

How many hours/days (/played) do I need to hit ~70 and eventually level 80?

Are there any benefits belonging to a guild other than the obvious?

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

leveling to 80 may take 3-6 months

I think its roughly twice as slow as WOW to 70,  if you have ever played that game

I think the best solo classes are

brawler (Bruiser/Monk) , Mage (conjuror/necro), druid (fury/warden)

another player wrote up a good summary of the classes

www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/1780357#1780357

• eccotoneccoton Member UncommonPosts: 1,340
    Originally posted by Nadia

leveling to 80 may take 3-6 months
    I think its roughly twice as slow as WOW to 70,  if you have ever played that game

I think the best solo classes are
    brawler (Bruiser/Monk) , Mage (conjuror/necro), druid (fury/warden)

another player wrote up a good summary of the classes
    www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/1780357#1780357

Nadia is correct the classes listed are good solo class. I have solo'd Necro, Bruiser, Monk and Fury all were fun Fury took a bit longer. However my favorite solo class is the ranger. Many will say the ranger is not a good solo class but I have loved taking mine to 80. You have to play smart to solo a ranger to 80 but it is a good time from my experiences.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Swashie works quite well as a solo class also, just as long as you take the AA thread to feign death first... I usually have Pirate as the second to get the fast cooldown.

Never had a problem getting into groups cause the quite massive dps and no problem soloing quite a few mobs either. Had a ranger before, very popular in groups but harder to solo.

• ZodanZodan Member Posts: 564

Thanks all for the answers, I guess it just drills down to a choice between ranger and bruiser then :)

3-6 months of leveling? I don't think I'll be playing past the first month then :(

3-6 month estimate is Real Life,  not played

probably take around 30 days /played to get to 80 in EQ2

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

I cant believe no one mentioned coercers. You can charm one, sick it on another, kill the first with it, and then breal the charm on the second one thats now half dead, and bam, 2 for 1. get any adds? mez em! Ive soloed extensively on my coercer, and found it to at least be more entertaining than just your basic nukers.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Bruisers are good. So are Monks, Fury's, and Conjurers. I actually currently have one of each. The Conjurer seems to level a bit slower than the Monk and Fury, though.

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318
    Originally posted by Nadia

3-6 month estimate is Real Life,  not played

probably take around 30 days /played to get to 80 in EQ2

rofl... NOT.

my monk was 25 days /played at 80 but I grouped alot

• JammaslamJammaslam Member Posts: 265

My Druid (who betrayed to a warden at level 79)  took  around 12 days played to level 80, all solo. 

I will say that the ports help a lot, along with the movement speed spells and bonuses.    It also helps knowing (for me, I had already leveled to level 70 with other characters) the quests, what areas to go to and when, and what to avoid (for me, harvesting and tradeskilling and guilds early on)

• ChrysaorChrysaor Member UncommonPosts: 111

All classes solo just fine as the game is designed around people who don't like to interact with others.  It will likely take you about two or three weeks to max out your level, at which point all you have left to do is create an alt, level it up and then create another and another and another.

Why bother, this game is just not fun.

• GdougGdoug Member Posts: 13

Monk and bruiser are both solid.

You will enjoy those for soloing.

Gdoug, currently playing Threshold RPG (role playing required MUD)
    http://www.thresholdrpg.com

• Morgayne24Morgayne24 Member Posts: 11

I have a monk at 48 - I think I'm at 10 days played.  And that's with a lot of time spent crafting (45 carpenter) and just generally messing around - I don't grind for level generally.  And I can't remember the last time I grouped - it's pretty much all solo, all the time.

I'm the queen of the short attention span so for me, this is actually great progress.      The monk certainly has moved faster than any of the other toons that are clogging up my account! 

• APRAuroreAPRAurore Member Posts: 330

I am surprised no one mentioned dirge here. Dirge is probably on par with the Ranger imo for soloability. You have some very nice abilities:

-very very very good speed buffs that affect your entire group

-stealth

-really good group buffs in general and they benefit you solo because you're mainly melee and the buffs are for melees.

-innate abilities are pretty powerful so you don't have to worry so much about immediately beefing yourself up to adept III or master I.

-some other doodads like being able to disarm traps on chests and tracking NPCs.

I have a little ratonga dirge who is very good. She seems to have the right mix of survivability and dps. She has a few attacks that heal her up and since I took the agility AA line she doesn't usually take that much damage with melee mobs. I would say her main downside is fighting adds and mobs that poison her, but since she's hard to hit and can heal herself a little bit, she usually survives.

Back in EvE. Started with BatMUD. Main MMOs have been EvE and DAoC.

• GeekyGeeky Member UncommonPosts: 446

14 /played days on my Assassin to get to 80.

But I started him a year ago.  My buddy has an 80 dirge with 3 /played days and he started him 2, 3 months ago.

Just depends.  Honestly, if your new to the game it'll take you longer and I'm glad for that.  The game is already to easy to get to 80 and too many times I find myself in a group with the worlds stupidest players who have reached 80 because it too easy.

• quaikyquaiky Member Posts: 566
    Originally posted by Geeky

14 /played days on my Assassin to get to 80.
    But I started him a year ago.  My buddy has an 80 dirge with 3 /played days and he started him 2, 3 months ago.
    Just depends.  Honestly, if your new to the game it'll take you longer and I'm glad for that.  The game is already to easy to get to 80 and too many times I find myself in a group with the worlds stupidest players who have reached 80 because it too easy.

my dirge is now at 36 days /played and has lvl 80 with 140 aa has done the fabled epic and got a good selection of instance and raid equip allready now. guess i got him to 80 with less than 20 days /played.