Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Nice intro to the Island of Dawn

ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

I saw this video and thought it was pretty nice.

www.vgwalkthroughs.com/page/guides/11

---
Ethion

Comments

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

A pretty nice video.

Speaks volumes about the people in Vanguards community. Maybe it is not unique, I'm not saying that it is, but I have not seen videos that was made to endorse the game in this manner by a 3rd person.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• RetiredRetired Member UncommonPosts: 744

lol, the first thing i thought when i saw that video was FRAPS...vanguard doesnt run that smooth. then i read the footer, sure enough it was captured with FRAPS. i ran the isle trial and it was a stutter fest.

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by medafor

lol, the first thing i thought when i saw that video was FRAPS...vanguard doesnt run that smooth. then i read the footer, sure enough it was captured with FRAPS. i ran the isle trial and it was a stutter fest.

vanguard runs fine now. must be your rig

also the trial is not out yet so i dont know what you tried

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

Pretty odd it doesn't stutter for me at all...

---
    Ethion

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001
    Originally posted by ethion

Pretty odd it doesn't stutter for me at all...

i guess its on the test server then

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

Looks nice, but after more than 1 year there are still no object shadows in this game. The sun is high but objects have no shadow. Completely breaks the good looks and immersion for me.

Wake me up when then have finaly made combat fun thanks to fast and good looking animations. And fixed the crap jumping animations. And of course added the object shadows so the world won't look fake anymore when the sun is high.

Geez, why can't the western mmos make the most important feature in their games (combat, at least for the melee classes) fun to play? This is just about animations, but these guys miss the ball completely.

• TheHowellerTheHoweller Member Posts: 407
    Originally posted by BigMango

Looks nice, but after more than 1 year there are still no object shadows in this game. The sun is high but objects have no shadow. Completely breaks the good looks and immersion for me.
    Wake me up when then have finaly made combat fun thanks to fast and good looking animations. And fixed the crap jumping animations. And of course added the object shadows so the world won't look fake anymore when the sun is high.
    Geez, why can't the western mmos make the most important feature in their games (combat, at least for the melee classes) fun to play? This is just about animations, but these guys miss the ball completely.

I feel for you, honestly.  You're stuck in the Asian MMOs and games like WoW.  I, myself can't stand to play those games anymore.  For me, content is more important than graphics anyday (Mount & Blade).  If I can log onto Vanguard and have fun doing as I please, that means the world to me.  I despise MMOs that force me along a path, Vanguard removed that boundary.

I really do see what you mean, graphics and animations are important...I wish they would fix them.  But, it won't stop me from playing what I feel is the best MMO out there, even though it doesn't look like it should be.

*EDIT* Forgot to add my comment on the video.  HOLY SHIT!  Perfection can closely describe the video that person made.  It was "that" good.

-------------------------------
    It's honestly like everyone logs onto WoW, and games like WoW, just to masturbate. Everyone plays by themselves, and when they don't, they get what they want and get off.
    -------------------------------
    Originally posted by atziluth...
    Ah yes when the unreasonable are faced with reason they must resort to personal attacks...When you are ready to move up from the kids table you can talk with the grown ups.

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Gonna give that a try, Didn't know that running fraps made a game go smoother.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• YunbeiYunbei Member Posts: 898

As much as I hate most of the new models on Test, the Island of Dawn is really great. I wish they overwork the questlines like this! Its really wonderful how everything creates one story-carpet. Very good. Now if only they could remake the rest of the often lackluster quests like this.

I rolled a Sorcerer, and while it was highly enjoyable to nuke things away, they spell animations are still craptastic. Kinda like EQ1. When I call a fireball or lightnight, I want CRASH BOOM BANG, not a little zap, with the impact like someone opened his pants-zipper.

• boojiboyboojiboy Member UncommonPosts: 1,553

Isle of Dawn on test has been remarkably smooth for me.