Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best Game Ever

My name is Joe Wirkus.

I'm a 45 year old man, who is permanently disabled with M.S..

So I cannot afford to buy a decent gaming system; And that I have a lot of time on my hands.

Well, I must inform you that I downloaded the game, ran a bunch of virus scans, ad ware scans, spy ware scans; And after all came up clean, I installed the game. After only a few extra minutes

to verify the download, I was off to start the game.

I really enjoyed the character personalizations. I spent a lot of time on this, because I was having so much fun with it.

Then upon entering the game, I was greeted by an in game assistant/ NPC.

The amount of in game help is absolutely incredible. After playing the game, and learning the moves and processes of quests, lay of the land, and such: The next thing I knew, it was 6:30 a.m., and I was watching the sun come up, and still wanting to play more.

I have only been playing MMORPG's for a couple months now. Although the Perfect World International has a 2.5 gig download, it was worth it!  As a matter of fact: I will be deleting the other games on my computer. I will no longer need any of them. And I have a lot., Had, a lot, I mean.

I am so very impressed with Perfect World, that I feel I had to thank you for giving the gamers of the world such a great game. Perfect World International has everything for all levels of gamers!

The graphics were absolutely Perfect!

I was also impressed with the character's abilities, and how fun it was.

You may feel free to edit this email, and you may also feel free to use may name in any testimonials you want.  Oh, and I also like the fact that when I manufactured a weapon, it labeled it as a weapon made by MasterJoe. My nick name.

Once again, I have to thank you from the bottom of my heart! I finally have a game that has everything I ever wanted in a game, and more!

If there are any parts of the game that cost money, I am sorry, but I won't be able to buy them.

Since I am very poor!

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,

Joe Wirkus

Sweetwater, TN.

Comments

• Eldee00Eldee00 Member Posts: 1

I have to agree - I've been playing loads of free mmos for months and this one is by far unbeatable.

Thank you Perfect World!

• infrared1infrared1 Member UncommonPosts: 440

I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying the game. It is pretty user friendly. I know from past experiences that trying to play with any serious disability can be very discouraging. I think this game suits a need that many people are looking for. If you are hardcore, this isnt your game. If you are more casual it's awesome. Best free to play game around. I an always happy to hear that a game appeals to people with disabilites.

Welocome aboard Joe. I look forward to seeing you in the game.

What server will you be playing when we go live?

I'll do a search for MasterJoe once the beta goes online.

Cheers

• wizardsleevewizardsleeve Member Posts: 46

So you've never played a real MMO before, just F2P ones? Well good luck I guess, hope you have fun at least. You picked the best F2P one, whatever that's worth. Make sure you don't get too high level, and then feel the need to buy cash shop items because 'you have to'. If you're poor, spending money on video games is the last thing you should consider doing.

• AstharaelAstharael Member Posts: 1

Hi,

I myself played many MMO's and I have to say I do agree with master Joe. This game is probably one of the most entertaining one I've played.

For one there is not much grinding, thanks to a large number of quest, witch makes lving faster and easier. I have been trying a lots of MMO's before I found the one that suits me. I am 29 and a father, so I keep gaming on a casual base, mostly on week-end and a few evenings, and with the game system I found going to lvl 30 (in the CB) was a breeze .

Anyway, master Joe I'll look you up  in the open beta (I'm in the Lost City serveur)

"Gaming is all about fun and relaxing "

• endlesoneendlesone Member Posts: 109

Defintely not the best game ever as the title of the thread  suggest i have been playing this game since last year on the PH server and im playing it besides my Guild Wars & World of Warcraft accounts. one of the best F2P mmo's if you'd ask me the killer features are the Customization of avatars, crafting, Territorial Wars and its a Quest based mmo much like GW and WoW.  

• fredewirfredewir Member Posts: 6

To all who have read this, I sincerely thank you for your participation in this forum.

I was using the name MasterJoe in the Closed Beta;

However; Since playing three different classes, I have found a favorite: The Venomancer class of the Untamed Race!

Although I am only able to make a female of the class, it is still may favorite. My character name is Anjin, which is japanese for Pilot! Not the airplane pilot, the pilot as a leader, or person who guides.

Now please don't get me wrong; I'n in no means an expert. But I do enjoy helping others.

If any of my helps are repetitive I am very sorry.

So, on that note, I would like to add a couple more Helps:

I would like to advise against selling items in the towns. At least in the beginning. Use the first 12 levels gathering items and money. This will be useful later. Besides, there are too many people selling stuff now, that it will only be a waste of your time, and it will also just add more Lag to the game.

The items you should save for the 1st Bank Quest, which adds more Bank space are:

5 of each of the following;  Mystical Meats, Disguise Skin, Element Dust,Soft Fur, Antenna, and Rhino Horn.  You will obtain each of these items as "Drops" from the "mobs", short for monsters, you kill along the way.

After you have saved 5 of each, then do the "Worries of the Banker" quest. Don't bother trying to find Extension Stones, I have yet to Find any!

While you are Gathering, remember this; It is NOT a waste of time to Gather items! It not only gives you supplies for manufacturing, but it also give you "Spirit Points". Spirit points are used to assist you in leveling, as well as giving you the ability to gain more Skills.

When you go to a Trainer, to Learn skills, you are required to have Spirit Points. The more points, the more skills you may obtain!

I may touch base with you more later. But anyone who would like to add, please feel free!

Anyone who is doing the :Elder's" quest to find a treasure chest; I have done two; The Cleric's in the city of Plume, and the Venomancer and Barbarian classes in The City of the Lost.

In Plume, the Treasure Chest is in the trees above the Elder. It is one platform above a small bridge. You just fly up and click on it to open.

As for the Untamed Race in Lost, you just run, or jump as fast as you can to the North Gate. I would suggest a few practice runs prior to accepting the quest; Because you only have 5 minutes to complete. Which, believe it or not, goes by rather quickly!  As you approach the North Gate, you will see a couple of big rocks; Jump on the biggest rock, then on to a small ledge, a flame might be lit, but that's ok. It won't hurt you. Then you jump on to the ledge above that, then on to the walkway. (It will be more clear after you do it.)

Then you run towards the wall that has these two "Wooden Shield" looking things. Jump on to those, then on to the walkway above. The treasure chest is to the left side of that walkway. Open it, then jump and run as fast as you can to the Elder, to turn in your "Trial" quest.

Now anyone having done either of these Elder's quest, will have to agree; It would not only be much easier having given at least one practice run; But you should also try to do it, when there are few people doing that quest. Why? Because if too many people are gathering around the Treasure Chest, it will be a VERY difficult task!  And that leads to frustration, which leads to a lack of fun. So, just relax, have fun, and run and jump like your tail's on fire. (Just a figure of speech!)

And speaking of "Too Many People";  The reason I suggest Waiting to Sell your stuff, you will find out the very first time you go into one of the cities that is over ran by those pesky little "Kitties"! It will cause more skips than a game of Hop-Scotch in a playground at recess! And more Lagging then a turtle in quicksand!  And who wants to play in that?

I will write more in a couple days. Or, you may Write your own here!

I would also like to add a couple more things:

First: it never hurts to have friends! The more the merrier! They may help you when you need them, so help them when they need  you! But help them without expecting them to help, and you will be doing it for kindness, not for greed!

Second:  If everyone just Traded, or Gave away items that they don't need, that others might; It would surely lead to more fun in the game, as well as stopping all that Lagging! Just think; If everyone Gave the items, or Shared, with others, then everyone would be having fun. In stead of stressing about having to Buy it, or about the constant Lagging the Kitties cause!

But please don't get me wrong: The only lagging in the game, AT ALL, is in major cities, that have too many sellers. Not all cities are like that, and not all parts of the city! 

And finally, and THE MOST IMPORTANT: Have FUN! Enjoy the game, the quests, and the friends you will make along the way. Oh, and please keep your shirt on! You know who you are!

Joe Wirkus a.k.a. "Anjin:

Sweetwater,TN. USA

Yea, I said it! I'm an adult, I can do that!

• fredewirfredewir Member Posts: 6

Endlesone;

To you I say, I am sorry you feel that way! The game has been a bit different since the Asian release.

I hope you will stick with it, and hopefully it will come to suit your gaming needs!

As for those who asked which server I will be on: I am on the Lost City Server.

I play mostly in the late evenings; And, I am on eastern Time.

Have fun, and be good, or be good at it!

• sdk89sdk89 Member Posts: 4

I agree it is one of the best free morph games out there because there is loads of content and the character customizations is just amazing.

• dennisvdzdennisvdz Member Posts: 67

Okay, I'll registrer. ERROR ERROR ERROR :l

• afoaaafoaa Member UncommonPosts: 578

LOL look at the account creation dates of the OP and those who agree wiith him. :)

This is a fairly primitive way to try and make it look like actual players like this game.

Here is an advice if you want to make it look real then you need to use active player accounts and not create them for the task.

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

There are definitely problems with PWI, the initial one is just getting it to work in the first place. archive problems galore, sometimes meaning you have to download the thing several times to get an uncorrupted version - i downloaded the thing 3 times, once using the games own direct download manager, and twice using the bit torrent option - they definitely need to sort that part out.  as repeated downloading will deter people from even trying the game! 

• Cochran1Cochran1 Member Posts: 456

My wife and I both play and enjoy it more than any other F2P out there. I have to say that as far as F2P goes it is one of the best.