Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runescape community - will they be disappointed again?

mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Clan Wars, Bounty Hunter, F.O.G.  All ways that Jagex tried to desperately replace the wilderness; all updates failed.

With the next open PVP update coming up, will they be disappointed again?  Will Jagex let their community down again?  Or can Jaqgex actually make a decent update? 

As for me, I don't know what to think.  We need more details about how it works, more details about the loot and death penalties.  Moree details about how many of these worlds will be open PVP.  Until then, I'm not sure what to think.

P.S.  When more info about the PVP is released, please post it here. Thanks.

-Mike

Comments

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Quick find code: 27-28-424-57432438

http://forum.runescape.com/c=135e1953/foru...28,424,57432438

Mod Mark H 

Jagex Mod

Hi Everybody, 

It seems a lot of players are creating threads here in Rants without reading the full news update. 

As such I would like to make a number of points very clear. 

1) This will be an entirely OPTIONAL world, you can continue to enjoy the worlds as they are now with PvP in only certain mini-games. The new PvP Worlds will be something you have to decide to go on yourselves. 

2) You will not be looting other players items when they die. Players will still loose their items as normal, but you will not pick up what they drop. Instead you will be getting drops like you would get off a similarly levelled monster. In addition there will be special items that may drop which are PvP specific. 

3) We have not gone back on our word, we said that the old style of Player vs Player combat would not be re-introduced. We have not re-introduced the old system, this PvP World is entirely new and fresh. 

This is something that a lot of players have wanted for a long time and will be a great addition to RuneScape for the PvP community. 

Please make sure you read the *entire* news post about this exciting future update. 

~ MMH ~

?

• devilisciousdeviliscious Member UncommonPosts: 4,359

Yea, we all know what they say, but it is about what they actually do. I too have reservations about whether or not they will actually give the community a good update* no strings attached* . I hope they do, I hope Jagex breaks the habits of the past and finally does it right without  pulling the wool over our eyes. It would be great for the game, and long awaited and needed.  Of course since this has not been  the way way they do things in the past I won;t believe it until i see it for myself. lol  Pretty much taking a "lets wait and see" position on it now.. I have learned from the past not to get excited about anything they do until after they have actually done it so that I am not disappointed. But hey I do give them credit for the Great new bank tab feature! They did that pretty good, took them forever but it was a good update. Not enough to bring me back, but still a needed one none the less.

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124

Yeah i have to agree with devilscious. I'm not going to give up my hopes up on this update. In the past there have been many updates which I thought would turn out great but just ended up dissappointing me. It should be interesting to check out though. I'm still doubtful that pking will ever be a viable source of income for most players. According to the post by mod mark, the items that are dropped are similar to one's dropped by same level monsters which is a bit dissappointing to me since players are stronger than monsters.

• Colin1234999Colin1234999 Member Posts: 8

Yeah, but monster drops are worse then player drops.

Loads Worse.

If i kill a level 80ish Id get roughly 300 coins (comparison from lesser demon) Is THAT fair? If it is equal to monsters, why not kill them? Its easier...

And I'm pretty sure Jagex won't change... Im not keeping my hopes up too high.

The OLD pking system is why runescape had millions of players.

The NEW pking system (and RWTers) will be, i believe, the reason runescape will have much less. Thier costumer support is horrible, (and i read tey cut it off) and it will not help matters.

Colin1234999

Retired Runescape Player.
    Might come back.
    TribalWars Player

• SimiswimmSimiswimm Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by AkaJetson

2) You will not be looting other players items when they die. Players will still loose their items as normal, but you will not pick up what they drop. Instead you will be getting drops like you would get off a similarly levelled monster. In addition there will be special items that may drop which are PvP specific.

SOOOO... I get 800 coins for killing a player. The player comes back and kills me. I lose 50 million in armor. Sounds like a great way to PvP!

"Special Items..." Whenever Jagex says this, they usually mean useless untradable crap which is worse than every other tradable item for the same purpose. It'll probably be a potion you throw at someone and it has a 99% miss rate, but when it hits it does 100 damage to your enemy, 75 damage to you, and poisions you for 99 which takes 20 doses of a rare and expensive potion to cure. Cool.