Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EXPANSION release?

minutemaidminutemaid Member Posts: 233

So .... ambulation.... and other stuff.....

Think they'll release the next expansion before WAR comes out? (18th) I'd say they should if they dont want to lose a few thousand subs...

also.... what else are we expecting from the expansion?

---------------------------
Will play: not WAR, HELLO KITTY ONLINE!!11one

Playing: EVE

Played: EQ (+all expansions too), Asheron''s Call 2, Anarchy Online, Planet Side, EQ2, WoW (+TBC), EVE

Comments

• CropperCropper Member Posts: 198

People play games like EVE and WAR for entirely different reasons.  I don't think CCP is too worried.  Personally I'll play both, WAR seems like fun, but EVE offers the virtual world that no one else has.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,509
    Originally posted by minutemaid

Think they'll release the next expansion before WAR comes out? (18th) I'd say they should if they dont want to lose a few thousand subs...

If there's one game that will not suffer much with WAR's release its EVE.  Except for a few trials that are messing around in EVE atm, most regular players won't be turning off their subs, even if they give WAR a go.

They really are two different animals, and are hard to compare in gameplay.

I don't think we'll see ambulation until sometime next year, they are in no real hurry to pull a POTBS and release something half arsed that will only piss off the current player base.

I currently could care less if they add station ambulation, unless it comes with an effective ground combat module, which would be like creating a 2nd game to add on...a truly huge undertaking.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HYPERI0NHYPERI0N Member Posts: 3,515

I dont think EvE has to worry about WAR its a very different type of game afterall.

Another great example of Moore's Law. Give people access to that much space (developers and users alike) and they'll find uses for it that you can never imagine. "640K ought to be enough for anybody" - Bill Gates 1981

• SgtFrogSgtFrog Member Posts: 5,001

WAR and EVE have a different player base. no need to worry. they just had an expansion a couple months ago anyway

March on! - Lets Invade Pekopon

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

2 free expansion every year
    1 in june
    2 after fan fest = december
    war is gold in 1 month

if will be few trial less ok perfect anyway the cap is 3000 trials logged on same time which means less lag in calamari systems
    for my is ok if ppl leave, dont forget to contract your stuff before u leave :D

BestSigEver :P

• L0k1-L0k1- Member Posts: 240

don't think EVE will lose many subs.

EVE Online is sort of a 'special case' among MMORPGs. The people that play it are mostly the people who want complete freedom and like a challenge. Warhammer Online is like most MMORPGs a game where you have limited options and is more 'noobie' friendly.

I think the MMORPGs that are going to take a (small) hit are World of Warcraft and Age of Conan mainly.

• DrakolusDrakolus Member UncommonPosts: 134

EVE also has the added advantage that you still get some benefit from paying for your sub while you take a "break."

I plan on trying out WAR when it comes out but no way am I stopping my sub during that time.  As your characters skills continue to train even if you are not playing/online you are still moving up while you are off bashing in orc brains or what not. 

Another bonus is whatever skill you have training will continue training until it finishes even if your sub runs out.  Need Carriers V?  Set it to train and let your sub run out for a month or two :).

• JhughesyJhughesy Member Posts: 419

I'd say you don't have the knowledge of the MMORPG industry to make such a statement.

• King-KongKing-Kong Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by L0k1-

don't think EVE will lose many subs.
    EVE Online is sort of a 'special case' among MMORPGs. The people that play it are mostly the people who want complete freedom and like a challenge. Warhammer Online is like most MMORPGs a game where you have limited options and is more 'noobie' friendly.
    I think the MMORPGs that are going to take a (small) hit are World of Warcraft and Age of Conan mainly.

one game actually trying something different!

its amazing that these large corporations think they can keep spitting out generic MMOs and have them be successes...

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

I'll play both. WAR offers t hings EvE can't (like fast paced instant pvp action) and EvE offers things WAR can't.

This is a classic case of "play both"... these two MMORPGs couldn't be farther away from each other...

Meridion

• CiredricCiredric Member Posts: 723

War is a themepark game.  You can try all the rides, but in the end you can only ride the rides they provide.   Eve on the other hand is what you make of it.  There are no restrictions on rides or for that matter where you go.   Trials might go down for a bit, but the normal playerbase won't be affected much at all.