Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hard to believe....

after reaching 80 and playing this game quite a bit, I cant believe what just happened.

Due to lack of a good credit card when I bought the game I got a GTC. I had a free month for buying the game (like all companies do), and my sub was supposed to run out on 9/21/08.

LOL I just got an e-mail saying that (no i wasnt banned) my game time has run out today and a i need to re sub. This will be among the many other stories I have read where this trash company is taking away our hard earned money.

I will never, ever come back. plus the patches have sucked, this happen to anyone else who got a GTC?

I play all ghame

Comments

• strutter78strutter78 Member Posts: 90

Interesting.....I also used a GTC and my sub is supposed to run out in Sept also, but havent had that happen to me....better watch my email closely the next few days I guess.

"I'm a Alpha male on Beta blockers"-The Immortal George Carlin

RIP
    Ronnie James Dio 2010(The greatest Voice in Rock)

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

I wonder what the response was from Funcom when you contacted them with this issue? Cause to me it's seems very easy to see the date when you added your subscription or in your case the gamecard and if it does not match with the end date I suppose this would be corrected with no problem at all, so what was their reaction?

• IKShadowIKShadow Member UncommonPosts: 783
    Originally posted by Reklaw

I wonder what the response was from Funcom when you contacted them with this issue? Cause to me it's seems very easy to see the date when you added your subscription or in your case the gamecard and if it does not match with the end date I suppose this would be corrected with no problem at all, so what was their reaction?

No one cares what their reaction the point of topics in here is bash bash doom doom fail fail.

@OP Yes you are being funcomed now move on and be unique or the preferred option is hang around on forums make sure you post in every bashing topic and ofc dont forget to change your avatar to Failcom.

Futilez[Do You Have What It Takes ?]

Originally posted by IKShadow

No one cares what their reaction the point of topics in here is bash bash doom doom fail fail.

@OP Yes you are being funcomed now move on and be unique or the preferred option is hang around on forums make sure you post in every bashing topic and ofc dont forget to change your avatar to Failcom.

Oops what was I thinking

• Lance08Lance08 Member Posts: 120

Funcom is desperate for cash and they will do anything to scam you out of it. They charged my CC 7 days before the due date in July.

• Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

Look buddy I have been playing MMOs hella longer then your little Futilez mature gaming guild, and I know the way GTCs and "the first free month works"

Can I not be absolutly SHOCKED that this has happened?

Seriously think about it, in 11 years of MMO gaming I would have never, ever thought that a company would do this to me.

No response from funcom

I play all ghame

• Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

sorry that I spent $ 80 and got ripped off a month, this usually NEVER happens in MMO's and the fact I have gotten proper response is very upsetting. I have noticed more and more posts all over about funcom literally taking peoples money, I liked the game and just ignored it. but good lord..this should not happen

I play all ghame

Originally posted by Player_420

Look buddy I have been playing MMOs hella longer then your little Futilez mature gaming guild, and I know the way GTCs and "the first free month works"

Can I not be absolutly SHOCKED that this has happened?

Seriously think about it, in 11 years of MMO gaming I would have never, ever thought that a company would do this to me.

No response from funcom

No response afcourse sucks and sure you may be shocked that it happend to you though I must say that it suprises me to see someone with experaince even become shocked that something might happen like this, again sorry for asking ...but .....when did you contact them cause due to your long experiance with this genre you do understand it might take time for them to answer you, unless a month has already passed afcourse when you first contacted them, couldn't make that out of your post.

• RudydogRudydog Member Posts: 144

To the OP, sorry to hear that this has happened to you. Nothing worse when something goes wrong like this.... you get a weird feeling of helplessness which is only amplified by the fact you cant physically call Funcom.

On a further note, the way they are botching everything in game etc, why doesnt this surprise me. Funcom have really set the benchmark for how bad customer service in an MMORPG can get.

GG Funcom keep up the good work, oh yeh and keep pumping out expansions and Christmas boxes that should fix things!

Thankgod for War.