Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Velator - Great Pirate Ship, or the Greatest Pirate Ship?

x_rast_xx_rast_x Member Posts: 745

The lowly Velator - flown by hordes of Gallente rookies and generally considered be only slightly more combat-worthy than a shuttle (and certainly a lot slower).

Now, I've seen gank Velator setups before but they never performed well for me, until I tried this fit a couple days ago in a fit of trade-induced boredom...

150MM Light Autocannon II

200MM Autocannon II

Warp Scrambler I

Small Armor Repairer II

2x Hobgoblin II

Basically it gives up (bonused) blasters and a mag stab so it can fit a small repper (which consumes the majority of it's very limited PG), opting instead for easy-to-fit autocannons in the highs.  With intelligent cap management it can tank roughly 20 DPS, which, given it's miniscule sig radius is actually enough to give enough staying power to win out against non-pvp fit frigs, barges, even destroyer and cruisers (basically the kind of people you're going to go canflipping against with this kind of setup).

And since it's 'just' a Velator people are lot less hesitant to sic their drones on you in an attempt to shoo you away.  Of course, it gets shredded in seconds by anyone with a webber, T2 drones, or blaster/AC destroyers, but that's really not the point. 

Comments

• EschiavaEschiava Member Posts: 485

It's a very intriguing idea.  Be sure to let us know how it works out for you.

Did this idea come from a post in the EVE-O forum C&P section?