It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
my rant on AoC.
* I've been hyped for this game for almost a year now. Followed the dev. diaries, read the beta leaks before they were closed. hushed doomsayers here. bought a new computer. the whole deal actually. made 4 friends buy the game.
* I expected it to be buggy, to my surprise it run smoothly. There are ladder feats, few items, unbalanced skills. cant deal with it? quit. luckily i can.
* I've read all the hate posts here and i had from day 1 till now 6 technical issues only. the first was the CE key issue, had to start 2 days delayed, they sent another key. The other 5 are the crashes. I'm also to blame for that because i play the game windowed and i like watching sitcoms when i put my char on rest, multitask all the way.
* I was prepared to pay for playing beta. This thing runs very good for a beta. so i'm ok with the game. Send 3 petitions to gms about quest bugs. (all gem guests, different tiers) granted they all offered different solutions but solved my problem within an hour nontheless.
*i start to see a pattern here. AO is known for 2 things, bugs and great community. If this goes on like this only the most patient, most understanding people will be left. So bugs may be a feature.
* The reality of the thing is i have no other option. There is none better. If there was i would have gone long ago. since there isnt, and me bitching wont change anything, i would rather enjoy the ride, close my eyes to the ugly. maybe i'll leave after all, maybe 2 years later when ppl say "why is there this %$% purple, who uses it" i will be the one who says " dude there was a time when it was the only purple u can get lol"
thanks for bearing
I need more vespene gas.