Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Question on expansions.

Okay, so if I downloaded the 14 day trial expansion, and then downloaded :

http://www.trialsofatlantis.com/downloads/

http://catacombs.darkageofcamelot.com/downloads.php

Which ones do I download? And how do I make sure I am actually upgrading my trial game to the expansions instead of seperate games?

I seem to be missing something, or I lack comprehension in this situation, because all I have been able to do is install seperate games rather than upgrading.

Comments

• thelawsthelaws Member Posts: 13

Oh, also.. will any of those downloads also be the graphic upgrades?

• ShoalShoal Member Posts: 1,156

The upgrades are separate games.  I know, it is wierd.  But that is the way DAoC has always been.  Good game, but on its last legs.  Very, very low populations (check the Herald).  Warhammer should just about finish it off, I should think.

• thelawsthelaws Member Posts: 13

Yeah, I know.. I used to play a long time ago, in 2004 I believe.

I am terribly bored.  I can't decide if I want to level a wow alt in anticipation of the expansion or keep playing in my warhammer closed beta which is turnign out to be dissapointing.

The PvP objectives play out alot like wow, imo.. and the public quests are too chaotic and people are greedy.  If that is any indication of what the release will be like, I'm going to puke.

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142

Get Catacombs, it's the latest Free expansion.  It will give you pretty good graphics and you won't have to pay anything.

Classic servers still have people playing, it's just not what it used to be however.

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-