Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quiet down about population imbalances..

All you are going to do is cause the reverse to happen, everyone will go order thinking there is noone, then it will be exactly like WoW, 2 to 1 order vs. destruction (pretty races vs the ugly races).  I would like to play on the side with the fewest number of players, all you're doing is shifting the imbalance.

Comments

• TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Member Posts: 53

I totally disagree. I think people will not change their minds if they see people complain about it. I think Destruction is going to outbalance order on every server day 1, and there is really nothing anyone can say to change that. People just think bad guys are cooler.

I think order has cooler careers though, so I'll be a good guy.

• felorefelore Member Posts: 222

...Destruction 1200 pop....Order 800 pop

...Alamo:  Texians 154ish    Mexico 1200ish  .....

who said war was fair.....didnt see the Texians screaming "Imbalance...give us some of  your men!" 

• iCehiCeh Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by felore

...Alamo:  Texians 154ish    Mexico 1200ish  .....
    who said war was fair.....didnt see the Texians screaming "Imbalance...give us some of  your men!" 

They weren't playing a bloody game though, were they? /sigh...

-iCeh

• TsukanoTsukano Member Posts: 159

I'd be willing to bet 1000 gold IOU that this simply isnt true. Go ahead start making 10,000 posts about how order has less players, guaranteed pop will be balanced or slightly in favor of Destro. A large majority have made up there mind and are sticking with the realm they are selecting for various reasons, the only ones that may change are unguilded and haven't really looked into the classes, but they will make there decision based on thouse premise, not on imbalance (in fact most people tend to go for the side that has more, so really topics that state order is underpop makes people choose destro.) very very few players go for the underdog, but the reason they do is b/c them and their vent group want more people to kill.

Protip: If someone does NOT list at least one positive and one negative about the game they are critiquing, its best to ignore the post.

• CazeroCazero Member Posts: 56

Remember the ALAMO!!!!

-Caz

• TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Member Posts: 53
    Originally posted by Tsukano

I'd be willing to bet 1000 gold IOU that this simply isnt true. Go ahead start making 10,000 posts about how order has less players, guaranteed pop will be balanced or slightly in favor of Destro. A large majority have made up there mind and are sticking with the realm they are selecting for various reasons, the only ones that may change are unguilded and haven't really looked into the classes, but they will make there decision based on thouse premise, not on imbalance (in fact most people tend to go for the side that has more, so really topics that state order is underpop makes people choose destro.) very very few players go for the underdog, but the reason they do is b/c them and their vent group want more people to kill.

You could stand to re-read your post, adding a few spaces, making the grammar make sense, and using some more punctuation. After reading your post it sounds like you are on both sides of this argument.

• ArndurArndur Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 2,202

Ugly races? What the hell are you talking about have you seen the witch elfs

I think it will be fine.

Hold on Snow Leopard, imma let you finish, but Windows had one of the best operating systems of all time.

If the Powerball lottery was like Lotro, nobody would win for 2 years, and then everyone in Nebraska would win on the same day.
    And then Nebraska would get nerfed.-pinkwood lotro fourms

AMD 4800 2.4ghz-3GB RAM 533mhz-EVGA 9500GT 512mb-320gb HD

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Destruction will lead the way hands down. Everyone I talk to ... well almost everyone wants to roll Destruction.

• throckmortonthrockmorton Member Posts: 314

From what I'm hearing most WoW players are going destruction, so I'm going order.

They will drop like flies at first until they realize they can't rely on gear to win. And they will probably remedy that by crying nerf, and PvEing more gear.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Originally posted by throckmorton

From what I'm hearing most WoW players are going destruction, so I'm going order.
    They will drop like flies at first until they realize they can't rely on gear to win. And they will probably remedy that by crying nerf, and PvEing more gear.

lol... and you're going to be sitting there.. over your corpse.. thinking.. "but whyz did i diez?... i had ze tactix!!!"... and SLOWLY you'll realize that there are no complicated tactics to win... just zerggggg !

sigh... idiocy never seazes to amaze me

..Cake..

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Actually your wrong, there is strategy. Not as much in the scenarios but some. And open world.....if you think your just going to zerg you have another thing comming.

As to the population. I wouldnt worry to much. Sure destro is going to outnumber order but not by huge numbers. It definitly wont be a 2:1 ratio like some people think it will be.

• sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197
    Originally posted by xenogias

Actually your wrong, there is strategy. Not as much in the scenarios but some. And open world.....if you think your just going to zerg you have another thing comming.

yeah sure there's even strategy in eating an egg... "shall I break it like this.. or like this...hmmm"

played it, seen it.... people are ignorant

..Cake..

• JonnyBigBossJonnyBigBoss Member UncommonPosts: 702

It's all speculation, but I will be willing to sign a contract to gamble any amount of money up to 200$ that Order will be underpopulated on at least 80% of the servers.

• thdude75thdude75 Member Posts: 9

Ok, first of they have addressed this and, have some highly mathmatical figures on how to balance servers, also incentives for underpopulated realms, secondly i have noticed these thing have a way of balancing themselfes over time, but don't go thinking they have no plans on how to balance pop, they have ran RVR games before this one (DAOC) :)

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926
    Originally posted by sgel

Originally posted by xenogias

yeah sure there's even strategy in eating an egg... "shall I break it like this.. or like this...hmmm"

played it, seen it.... people are ignorant

Edit: said to much, dont intend to break the NDA. Suffice to say we will see who the ignorant one is. I am in beta, and have done open world RvR so I feel safe in saying I'm not the ignorant one.

• Orclord06Orclord06 Member Posts: 44

Most of the people i talk to think Destro are cooler.

I personally am rolling order. I dont mind that i will be out numbered, because im willing to bet that a good portion of the destro population will be noobs. (Similar to Wow, where alliance out number horde but they also have a high population of little kids.)

• kaydinvkaydinv Member Posts: 208
    Originally posted by everyone

Everyone is going Order, I'm going destruction.

Kinda makes you wonder when half the posts here are constructed as above. I have a feeling everyone is going Order, because they assume everyone else is going destruction. Is it just me or are these posts just some desperate attempt to seem unique?

• ulberonulberon Member Posts: 198
    Originally posted by kaydinv

Originally posted by everyone

Everyone is going Order, I'm going destruction.

Kinda makes you wonder when half the posts here are constructed as above. I have a feeling everyone is going Order, because they assume everyone else is going destruction. Is it just me or are these posts just some desperate attempt to seem unique?

And you just touched upon my fear.  I want to be on the side with the lowest numbers, however, everyone is constantly switching sides because they anticipate everyone will be the other.  I think the number on the "Road to War" site are misleading.  I think everyone went destruction there simply because they were already ahead.  Maybe, if I'm lucky, the incentive is great enough to roll destruction (to receive the bonus) that they will stay destruction.  Somehow, I don't think I will be that lucky.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

You basically have two mindsets here

PWNERS - People that like to win , always - Crush the enemy , as easier and as more as possible. They also want to look cool while doing it. They will always look to join the winning side. If one realm always win , they are no fools , and will join the winner side

This is your "alliance"

UNDERDOGS - People that want challenge , fight owerhelming odds and maybe turn the tide , if only for few moments. They are usually more organised and do not much care about the looks.

This is your "horde"

Simply , one side will always be overpopulated , and powerful it is , more pwners will flock to it.

• ArakussArakuss Member Posts: 28

No matter which side has the bigger population I am basically going order.  So at even if its a million to one in favor of Destruction  I will be the one on the order side yelling umm Rember the Alamo as I get ran over. 

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

All they need to do is makie it like planetside where the xp scales tip in favor of the side with lowest populations dynamically..

So if  the destruction pop is like 5:1 then the xp rate should go up like 50% for order..and vice versa, so the xp scale could make joining the other faction more of a viable option instead of zerg zerg zerg..

Reminds me of Exteel, where in some games people can see a team out numbered and instead of joining to even them up for a challenge they all stack on one side for an easy win..

EDIT: Oh and I know some folks will say "well they can just create extra players on other faction to push the numbers even.. faction lock.. we have seen it done before in F2P's like Shaiya but I believe if they make you delet all your characters before switching sides the sides should remain pretty true. I'll be dissapointed if they dont faction lock.. then you'll never be able to strategize because your enemies will have alts in your guild..lol.

• impulsebooksimpulsebooks Member Posts: 561

I think after a few months balance will even out. My worry though is the Early start and launch servers will be full of people like me with my CE face on and all destro.

Mark E. Cooper
    AKA Tohrment
    Proud member of Damned Souls since 2007.
    http://www.damnedsouls.eu

• thdude75thdude75 Member Posts: 9

Only 60 thousand collectors editions, so i think faces will not be a huge factor to most, and wasn't Destro a Cobra Commander?

• thirdechelonthirdechelon Member Posts: 110

I plan to play Black Orc or Chosen. But if theres not enough Order players pvp queue times will be instant for them like in WoW i.e. if theres alot more alliance then horde AV queue is 30min, while on horde side its ~8 or less.

If its hella imbalanced im gonna play High Elf Mage.

• MalvolentiaMalvolentia Member Posts: 253
    Originally posted by TrainwreckX

I totally disagree. I think people will not change their minds if they see people complain about it. I think Destruction is going to outbalance order on every server day 1, and there is really nothing anyone can say to change that. People just think bad guys are cooler.

I think order has cooler careers though, so I'll be a good guy.

That's arguable considering when WoW opened the Good Guys (Alliance) outnumbered horde on nearly every server.

WoW fanboi: "lolz 11.5 million customers, itz obviously da best"

McDonald's: over 1 billion burgers served