Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

when does open beta start

A curious quesiton

Comments

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

A question asked many time. No one knows.

You should be able to enter OB codes (to allow you to download the client) on the 15th but beyond that everyone assumes 'soon' but knows nothing beyond that.

• rajofpsgrajofpsg Member UncommonPosts: 7

So right now what everyone is downloading is the Collectors Edition part of open beta?

Cuz i pre-ordered from amazon, got both keys, and account management wont let me enter them yet.

Sry for noob question, just started following WAR forums today, getting antsy about beta and playing game hehe

• EmotionsEmotions Member UncommonPosts: 333

the best answer you will get is AFTER 15 august pbb more then a week after 15aug

• rajofpsgrajofpsg Member UncommonPosts: 7

thnxs ok then i guess it is the CE beta now then

• BlackWatchBlackWatch Member UncommonPosts: 972

I'm sincerely struggling to see any benefit for the CE Pre-Orders vs normal Pre-Orders in terms of BETA.

If there is a difference, please let me know. 

• banthisbanthis Member Posts: 1,891
    Originally posted by BlackWatch

I'm sincerely struggling to see any benefit for the CE Pre-Orders vs normal Pre-Orders in terms of BETA.

Random thousands of Ce owners just got invited to the Closed Beta thats Benefit 1. Benefit 2 is the Preview Weekend (some sort of CE Pre Order Owners Only Event, some CB testers may be invited if not all the CE people register for it, at this time there's no idea on what we get to do at this event..I'm speculating we get to try a city siege).  Benefit 3.  Additional 1 to 2 days of Open beta   Benefit 4 additional Head Start days as well.

This was all posted by MJ a week ago on the VN boards someone reposted it here as well.

• CereoCereo Member Posts: 551
    Originally posted by banthis

Originally posted by BlackWatch

Random thousands of Ce owners just got invited to the Closed Beta thats Benefit 1. Benefit 2 is the Preview Weekend (some sort of CE Pre Order Owners Only Event, some CB testers may be invited if not all the CE people register for it, at this time there's no idea on what we get to do at this event..I'm speculating we get to try a city siege).  Benefit 3.  Additional 1 to 2 days of Open beta   Benefit 4 additional Head Start days as well.

This was all posted by MJ a week ago on the VN boards someone reposted it here as well.

All those benefits involve rushing into playing the game now now now! It will be around for years to come people, enjoy it when it comes out but the faster you get it and max your character, the faster you're going to eventually get bored of it. And new content will never be able to keep up with people that rush. My advice, just play it when it comes out and have fun, its coming soon... don't worry.

• nytemarehnytemareh Member UncommonPosts: 156

this game will be about rvr not pve content.  so yes the rush is to max lvl and beat the hell out of the

other realm.

• GalgamemnonGalgamemnon Member Posts: 115

ALL OPEN BETA KEYS ARE ACTIVATED AUGUST 15TH

• jusomdudejusomdude Member RarePosts: 2,706
    Originally posted by Galgamemnon

ALL OPEN BETA KEYS ARE ACTIVATED AUGUST 15TH

Source?

• BrahmdBrahmd Member Posts: 24

If you don't have the files you can start DL'ing them August 15th using your key. HOWEVER, OB will not start for you guys until you have the files downloaded. :P It has taken some people 4 days of non-stop DL. That being the case. I don't think OB will start until the 18th at the earliest.

• BrahmdBrahmd Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by dkzero

Originally posted by myleigh7

this game will be about rvr not pve content.  so yes the rush is to max lvl and beat the hell out of the
    other realm.

God I hope Warhammer isn't ruined by people trying to rush to the level cap like they do in  WoW.

Why would rushing to LVL cap ruin WAR? Its not like some tier 4 player is going to a tier 1 zone to do any kind of griefing :P