Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion, other Perfect World?

2»

Comments

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

The main purpose for Aion's pvp is progression, there are different kinds of progression in this game though, there's the individual progression, your legion's progression and your faction's progression.

For individual progression, we will have rewards in Aion, there are certain features and equipment which can be acquired exclusively with Abyss points (which are some kind of pvpve points). We also have the hero system, which makes someone every week (per class and per faction) a 1 man army, and someone to be taken down as your death would mean huge rewards for the ones who slay you.

Then we have the legion's progression. You would be interested in getting a fortress for your legion due to the huge rewards obtained out of them, your legion will be getting taxes, access to exclusive vendors and access to exclusive zones by having a fortress. Then we also have pvp for raid bosses, you are hunting in the abyss and see in the horizon how your enemies are killing a raid boss, you call your legion, organize up, gather next to them and kill them all, the raid boss is for your legion. Also, there are certain epic bosses which will be slightly camped, those bosses will close the doors once they spawn, but before they do, mayhem will happen in order to control the zone.

Then we also have the faction's progression. Your faction gets profits if any of your legions control a fortress, since the different islands of the Abyss are filled with mobs and hunting zones, if your faction controls the fortress, the zones around it will be better in terms of XP and drops. We also have the fight for artifacts, which will help your faction with buffs every time you activate them, or screw your enemies by activating a massive debuff affecting the area.

There are some more factors improving the PvP in this game, rifts will be there to offer some casual pvp from time to time, and you will want to do it, cause the mobs on your enemy's land have better rewards, you will also want to go through rifts for certain quests, and to kill important NPCs of the oppossite faction (killing a quest-giver might make a huge impact on your enemy's progression, and thus I tend to think there will be a point where certain NPCs will be defended, leading to epic battles). And let's not forget about organized groups going through rifts invading the enemy's main cities, just to get Abyss points.

There are, however, many more features to be revealed during this year, since the Korean open beta will be showcasing the final levels and all the abyss content there will be at release, so I'd look forward to it also to complete the list of features Aion's PvP might have.

Also, don't forget about the third faction acting as a balance factor, just in case some faction becomes quite powerful, the Balaur will hit them harder than ever if something like that happens.

About WoW battlegrounds, I tend to think that dividing the pvp isnt a good idea, I also think that people are more akin to pvp under their rules, instead of pvping under the game's rules, meaning people will always take scheduled pvp over spontaneous one, even if the spontaneous one is funnier in the long term.

• breadm1xbreadm1x Member UncommonPosts: 374

WAR got lotsa nice rewards in PVP not just for the ones doing the PVP.

Cant say more about it but trust me its nice allmost like Necron1 rewards (old guys know what i am talking bout)

• ramire7zramire7z Member Posts: 3

lol i hope its not like perfect world. i played it 5 minutes and then quitted cause there are way to much icons on the screen. i bet 70% of them have no use xD

• warrioralphawarrioralpha Member Posts: 41

PW is f2p game. Aion p2p. i tell you that there is allot of diffrence between the games. story, graphics, the movements [no laggy movements or lagg in game, realistic movements],

and yes i also quited PW after i made my character there. [which sucked cuz i didnt like the body at all.] its like WoW be stuck in a game like in the head, too much Blur/bloom graphics and when you put them /off its like a screwed ugly game. I mean if the view and drawing aint realistic than how can the hole fantasy thing be

persons that ask themselves these kinda questions "Aion, other perfect world?" just didnt play enough p2p/fp2 games to come on a decent conclusion themselves.

Without Sacrifice.. There is no Victory

Kenshin

• PelagatoPelagato Member UncommonPosts: 673

People compare PW with AION because PW have fly... but with out the PW fly... PW is just one of the bunch... AION is much more than just fly I am sure lol

• baka247baka247 Member Posts: 1

PW

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/282/view/screens/display/9477

aion

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/253/view/screens/display/12554

is not very knowledgeable on mmorpgs but it doesn't seem from theses screenshots there is such a big diffrence (btw i have not looked into this at all but im not really interested enough to any ways u have to admit that grahic wise PW comes closer than and other ftp i have seen yet)

• WrithWrith Member Posts: 85
    Originally posted by baka247

PW
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/282/view/screens/display/9477
    aion
    is not very knowledgeable on mmorpgs but it doesn't seem from theses screenshots there is such a big diffrence (btw i have not looked into this at all but im not really interested enough to any ways u have to admit that grahic wise PW comes closer than and other ftp i have seen yet)

I agree that at glance the two are visually comparable. I think most people just don't want the game they are waiting for compared to an F2P for fear of it turning out like one. Honestly, I've very much so waiting for Aion but hell if I didn't know the names of the games I would have thought PW was the original and Aion was the sequel, from some shots. Granted both games have things that the other doesn't, and I personally believe Aion will be a million times better then PW could ever want to be, both visually and in terms of game play.

Aion 1 (PW): www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/282/view/screens/display/9474

Aion 2 (Aion): www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/253/view/screens/display/7027

Looks like the same couple meeting up in both games, long time fans of the series haha. But seriously don't you ever compare Aion to some crappy free to play grindfest again......

• suu141suu141 Member Posts: 249
    Originally posted by baka247

aion

Ugh. Those pics are over 2 years old.

I'd like to see low budget FTP games try and dish out these:

"When you're born you're naked, when you die you're naked again, and in-between all we do is work, eat, and play MMOs." ~Forum Warrior #141

• LasairLasair Member Posts: 15

Well, if Aion is another PW, only newer, flashier and p2p, then I will definitely play it! I haven't tried a lot of MMOs, only like 10 or so, but PW is the second best graphical MMO after WoW at the moment, in my opinion.

• Rio_AionRio_Aion Member Posts: 34

I think AoC has the best graphics out there for an MMO atm. 

Aionelysium.com

• blackhand231blackhand231 Member Posts: 69

how does anyone compare aion and PW? the only way you can compare the two is the fact that the one race in PW has wings and can fly thats it nothing else. Aion has an ass load of more content. and there graphics are not even close to being the same.

• warrioralphawarrioralpha Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by blackhand231

how does anyone compare aion and PW? the only way you can compare the two is the fact that the one race in PW has wings and can fly thats it nothing else. Aion has an ass load of more content. and there graphics are not even close to being the same.

Tottally agree, ppl just don't know anything.,, pw is like the LOWEST game ever

Without Sacrifice.. There is no Victory

Kenshin

• DurillienDurillien Member Posts: 32

"pw is like the LOWEST game ever"

www.runescape.com

'Nuff said.

• blackhand231blackhand231 Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by Durillien

"pw is like the LOWEST game ever"

www.runescape.com
    'Nuff said.

hahahaha so true.