Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AO is best MMORPG I've played

JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869

I've only been playing for a little over 2 weeks and I've been completely drawn into this game. It may be hard to learn, but everything seems so customizable. I like the idea of having chat windows set up for friends. Plus it seems everywhere you turn, there is something else to learn. I have played AC2 for almost a year and was becoming bored. AO is really impressive and I like the game better except for the graphics and maybe some of the high level quests. Don't really know yet since I haven't gotten that far.

Games played: AC2 (10 months), AC1 (4 months), EQ (free trial), Lineage II (open beta)

P.S. Now to find an active and friendly guild

Comments

• digitydarkmandigitydarkman Member Posts: 2,194

and you didnt even say what kinda char yur playing how sad, i just reactivated my account a few days ago, im starting a new keeper

image image image

• DarknsAngelDarknsAngel Member Posts: 4
    I played AO for about a year and i loved it.  I thought that the grafics were aticuit.  And the best part was the comunity, there was always some one on that could help me with what ever my problems.  I also played DAoC and im curently playing EQ (bleh). And so far AO is the best. BTW my best character was a Shade lol easy to lvl up and tons of fun to play i highly recomend it.

---------------------------------------------
    Most people cower in the darkness. I embrase it!

one thing ive seen alot of the people now are kinda lame, a few of the people ive found are nice, but most of the time i find people and even ask for a simple buff they just run off, that never used to happen, maybe im just finding all the wrong people, i mean 80% of them wouldnt even respond

image image image

• DarknsAngelDarknsAngel Member Posts: 4

Thats not good lol i just quit EQ and im installing Anarchy as we speek ^_^.  Actually im having problems instaling it maybe some one can help me it gets to 84% than just stops than i get a mesage saying that the instaler had a problem o well ill figure it out.  But ne way the point is im switching back to anarchy woot go me ^_^ i hope to see u all in the game post ur characters names.

Rustynails (Enf.))
    Manakukumaya (MA)
    Digitydark (my new keeper im currently on him in SL alot)
    Digity (Soil.)
    Ludacritz (Agent)
    Unty (Adv.)
    Dienomite (Doc)

Most of the chars a pretty low i just reactivcated my account that i havent played in a while and when i had it i didnt play to often ::::05::

image image image

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869

I'm havng the same problem in the characters being very unfriendly. Been griefed and one person went out of his way to try to get me to attack a red colored guard. People won't join in team and only been offered to join a team once. Seems everytime I ask a question on the OT channel, I get ignored. The newbie channel wasn't quite as bad.  I still enjoy the game, but AC2 sure has a friendlier  player base as far as I can tell. Plus I was in a good guild in AC2 within a few days. I hardly see any people playing AO in guilds, let alone finding an active one. Again maybe I'm in an area where there are mostly newbies.

there are tons of orgs. (guilds) in ao, its the extra name under the characters name when you click on them

image image image

• CrezaxCrezax Member UncommonPosts: 80
    Played AO for about 16 months, quited in April this year, got to bored... I've seen almost everything in it. Waiting for IA to come now, maybe some fun stuff in there.

-xenon-

[center][color=darkorange][b}Wow! Much gold. So amaze![/b][/color][/center]

• GanwickGanwick Member Posts: 3
    The new expansion pack is coming out soon, thats gonna add some new elements to it.

If your having a hard time.
    Take a grapefruit, make some lemonade, Then sit back and wonder how you made lemonade out of a grapefruit.

If your having a hard time.
    Take a grapefruit, make some lemonade, Then sit back and wonder how you made lemonade out of a grapefruit.

• brahma9brahma9 Member Posts: 4
    AO was the best MMORPG I played when I was a nOOb. I have to Say after 3 years I am bored out of my mind with the game image When the game first came out it used to be sooo much fun (back when every player was pretty much a noob), there was a huge abundance of players to team/chat/explore with, it used to be so much fun getting into a group of six players willing to explore and find new adventure, now days I log on and every where is pretty much a ghost town, my computer used to lag up there was soo many players in one area, not the case anymore. Now days there seems to be a lot of un friendly players, if your low lvl you will see a lot of high lvls ignore you, used to not be the case. Yeah there still are some friendly players and guilds out there, but AO is not the kind of game that you solo a lot with, you can solo for about your first 30 lvls or so but after that you will get completely bored not hardly talking to anyone, and there is only so many missions you can do before you wanna kill someone from lack of interaction, so after that you get kinda forced to team to get decent xp, after all AO is a very team/social oreintated game imo. And if you ever want to get nice armor,weapons,items...9 times out of 10 your gonna need a full team willing to help you get that item, ofcourse thats where guilds come in handy, wait till you want nice things at like lvls 150+ then your prolly gonna need about 20+ players to get you that 1 unique item that is a rare drop. Ao lost a lot of players from boredom(notum wars doesnt count as an expansion)Imo it took FC way too long to come out with the expansion the Shadowlands, but when it did it brought back a lot of players because hey! it was basically a whole new world to explore, now about a year later it seems again lots left AO from lack of fun, prolly cause all the long camping and pain to get nice SL gear and boredom of of lvling from lvl200-220(cause SKing was ubah fun after getting enough faction!). Basically so i stop yapping ill say this: if you have never played AO now would be a good time to start because of the expasion Alien Invasion comming out, that way you can get kinda head start on how things work cause AO has a ton of information and a lot to learn, but there is not nearly the players now days so things will be nice and quiet, as for me and a lot of veteran players, i think Alien Invasion will be make or break, and sorry to say i have a feeling AI will come up a tad short, thanks for reading didnt mean to hurt your eyes image

• JennysMindJennysMind Member UncommonPosts: 869

Thx for the info brahma9. I was lucky and got into AI beta so have an idea what is coming. I have been active in looking for an Omni guild and looks like I may have success. However, I am going to have to roleplay, something I haven't done since playing Dungeons & Dragons on paper a long time ago and not for very long. It looks like it might be fun to creatie a story about a character.

BTW, I did notice that many guilds only were looking for recruits that were at least lvl 125. IMO, this is not good keeping AO going in the long run because people leave after playing for a long time and it is discouraging for those new players that have a desire to play. I never ran into this problem in AC2. On the contrary, guilds in AC2 are always looking for new blood.

• Originally posted by Alekhin

I've only been playing for a little over 2 weeks and I've been completely drawn into this game. It may be hard to learn, but everything seems so customizable. I like the idea of having chat windows set up for friends. Plus it seems everywhere you turn, there is something else to learn. I have played AC2 for almost a year and was becoming bored. AO is really impressive and I like the game better except for the graphics and maybe some of the high level quests. Don't really know yet since I haven't gotten that far.
    Games played: AC2 (10 months), AC1 (4 months), EQ (free trial), Lineage II (open beta)
    P.S. Now to find an active and friendly guild

Glad you like AO. I'm even more glad you tried AO (even if you had ended up not liking it.). AO revolutionized the entire MMORPG industry. EQ, SWG, EQ2, direclty copied may features from AO. WoW is indirectly taking features from AO (taking them then changing them.) AO is responsible for showing and proving that a Sci-Fi themed MMORPG can succeed. That MMORPGs do not have to always be fantasy-themed.

Just wait until you check out the dungeon called "Temple of 3 Winds"heheh. imageimage And there is far, far, more! AO also has the best ever atmospheric flight game mechanic. And the best PvP features. Pvp for landcontrol, guilds able to defend their land while they are offline, players able to kill much higher level players, and more.

=========================
    ======= SIGNATURE =========
    =========================
    MMORPG games I've played:
    -------------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor

Star Wars Galaxies:
    -------------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/capt_xplororor

More games:
    -----------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/xplororor_archives01

EVE Online !!!
    ----------------
    http://community.webshots.com/user/sica_xol_archives01

• ko1oko1o Member UncommonPosts: 117
    testing sig o.O

• ko1oko1o Member UncommonPosts: 117
    opps =P

~Ko1o

• DreakonDreakon Member Posts: 133

My best character is a 56 Enforcer. I can never get into MMORPG's but I think this is the best I've done...

I am always willing to give out essences ;)

coll hit me up with a behemoth.. ohh nm you cant ::::01::

image image image

• DreakonDreakon Member Posts: 133

::::16::

• RykerRyker Member UncommonPosts: 207
    I think that AO is the best mmorpg that I played also. I tried all the classes and I think I like the Martial artist the best for melee and Meta physicist for pet type.