Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I'd like to try the game again. How will my specs do?

This post is self explanatory. Here are the specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4 Ghz

Memory: 2 Gb

GPU: NVIDIA GeForece 8600M GT 256 MB

I'm using a mac and was going to dual boot and was thinking of using xp. I have an xp install disk and the serial code, but it is already installed on an old 2003 dell that my dad still uses. Would the xp still work? Thanks. Oh and if there's any other info needed about my specs, just ask. Thanks for the help.

Comments

• gingus418gingus418 Member Posts: 128

Bump. Does anybody have an answer for me?

• ducks1290ducks1290 Member Posts: 36

From what I've seen. you are definitely going to want atleast 4 gigs of ram to play. Maybe even a quad core processor. Video card looks fine.

CsM III

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 Ghz

Memory: 4 Gb

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 512 MB

That hardware gives me 40fps on balanced, resolution  at 1280x800.

Maybe don't directly answer your question but it may give a hint atleast. I would think that you would be able to run it though.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• gingus418gingus418 Member Posts: 128

Hmmm... okay, thanks!

• KhillaKhilla Member Posts: 179

One thing not mentioned that can dictate performance on this game is hard drive. If its old maybe get a new one, for a clean start. Or, reformat and reinstall xp and drivers for a clean fresh start.

My machine is an 2.0 Athlon 64 X2, 2 gigs Memory, AGP XFX 7900 video card and 80G Maxtor drive and get 20-40 fps on medium render, medium-high detail and have no problems raiding and such... but my machine is used for gaming only, no mp3's, pix's, downloads (I have other comps for this stuff). I keep it very clean and always updated.

Best of luck....peace!!