Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stamina lol, np

Have you seen the atlantica forums?! There is like 3 threads that I just read that have polls which discuss a petition to remove it and a petition stating "i will quit if you don't remvoe it

So like 93% of the players in those polls voted for "i will quit if you keep the stamina system"

Ndoors will have no choice but to remove or reamp this system in the next phase of there beta or they will lose 90% of there playerbase. So don't worry because they are not that stupid, the GM said enough with the threads guys we get it and just asked to keep testing it, thats what a closed beta is for.

Bye Bye stamina, or Bye Bye Atlantica

Comments

• lawrence620lawrence620 Member Posts: 4

the people who actualy spends time in these so called polls are the people who grind for fun and this game is not about grinding, the so called 93% is about 30% of actual players so to speak, it is not an accurate number.

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362
    Originally posted by lawrence620

the people who actualy spends time in these so called polls are the people who grind for fun and this game is not about grinding, the so called 93% is about 30% of actual players so to speak, it is not an accurate number.

LOL, such a naive statement "this game is not about grinding" don’t fool yourself i think the cap is level 120 and the grind hits you at about level 50, level 51 your stamina is cut in half. THIS GAME IS A GRINDER make no mistake. Just wait until you need to farm 800 ashen crystals to upgrade 8 mercenaries, while being allowed 50 battles per day.

Oh and the newest stamina complaint: if you do manage to accumulate over 100 stamina, and 6am rolls around, they reset your stamina back to 100. so i guess those who thought they could farm some stamina wasted a whole lot of time.

Also i might add, that you say "this game isn’t..." this game is whatever the players want it to be, the beauty of mmo's was the freedom to play it like you want. some don’t like quests, some love pvp, some love to solo and farm. other like to play 2 hours a day, while some like to chat with guildies while slowly leveling. This system PUNISHES everyone who isn’t a causal 2-3hours a day player, or a player that likes to dick around for hours not really playing.

• sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

They're doing it so their cash shop will be worth a damn, And only the rich can play it.

Free games aren't free.

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

• lawrence620lawrence620 Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by crunchyblack

Originally posted by lawrence620

LOL, such a naive statement "this game is not about grinding" don’t fool yourself i think the cap is level 120 and the grind hits you at about level 50, level 51 your stamina is cut in half. THIS GAME IS A GRINDER make no mistake. Just wait until you need to farm 800 ashen crystals to upgrade 8 mercenaries, while being allowed 50 battles per day.

Oh and the newest stamina complaint: if you do manage to accumulate over 100 stamina, and 6am rolls around, they reset your stamina back to 100. so i guess those who thought they could farm some stamina wasted a whole lot of time.

Also i might add, that you say "this game isn’t..." this game is whatever the players want it to be, the beauty of mmo's was the freedom to play it like you want. some don’t like quests, some love pvp, some love to solo and farm. other like to play 2 hours a day, while some like to chat with guildies while slowly leveling. This system PUNISHES everyone who isn’t a causal 2-3hours a day player, or a player that likes to dick around for hours not really playing.

though i do agree that the good thing about MMOs are the freedom to play as you want but as all games, there are always restrictions and for this game, it would be the stamina system. and please, it is not only catered to casual gamers, i myself play up to 8-9 hours a day and i never had a problem with the stamina system and i even had carry over 60-80 stamina with no problems and yes, i consistently level up. it is only a matter of thinking of your moves rather than going out there and bash everything along the way.

and about the ashen crystals, though i do not like it with such a high price, it really should be priced like that since it is extremely important. if you havnt noticed, at ankor wat, they only asked for a max of 2 upgraded mercinaries for a reason: because they do not expect you to have all of them upgraded at that point.

in the end, it is to give more challenge to the game, not to ultimately hinder your gaming.

and sander, please, you dont need to get stamina pills to play nor be able to be at par with the grinders that buy the pills and atlantica has one of the most balanced item mall i've seen ever.

Your right, Korean Atlantica Online has one of the most balanced cash shops ive seen...wait you didnt say the korean version... you must then know what will be in our versions cash shop then?

Speculation 100%

Based of the korean version, which has no stamina system.

and lawrence, hit level 51+ then tell us that 50 stamina wont effect your gameplay.

Lack of fore sight, you assume that this sytem only effects hardcore grinder, wait untill it effects every player later on. 

Remember this is a cash shop ploy not a system to make the game challenging, its to make you fustrated so that you buy cash shop items.

Trust me, get to 51+ then rave about how it enhances your gameplay....or just assume that being lv35 with 100 stamina will be the same as being level 60-120 with 50 stamina per day.

• frans101frans101 Member UncommonPosts: 10

this is a really good game stamina killed this game about 400 people have signed up a petition to leave if stamina stays cb 2 which anyone can play has about half As many people as cb1 which was key to enter im pretty sure there not that stupid

but yeh if it does come down to them leaving it in im gonna leave and never look back i mean it is good but this i cant acpet

and the so called players that are leaving are the hardcore grinders which most likely will be pouring in the hunderds for cash shop items

• TobMTobM Member Posts: 3

While the stamina system is going to cripple high level players it also has the potential to secure a strong in-game economy and totally eliminate botting/gold farming.

I think it won't be long until we see similar systems showing up in many other MMO's... get comfy.

-Tob

• MahrtiirMahrtiir Member Posts: 29

I just started playing Atlantica today, and I had drained my available stam in only a couple of hours, if even that long.  I am by no means a hardcore grinder, but a self-professed casual gamer, and this was done just poking around and learning about enchanting weapons/armor and such while going through the quests.  By the time I got to a point where I was wanting to experiment more with the enchanting of items, I was down to like 20 stamina.

I understand they want to encourage community play and all, but this is a stupid way to do it.  You want me to enter the Free League and do PvP?  Give me extra rewards or accelerated rewards for doing so instead of making it required to continue progress on my character.

It would seem that Ndoors is taking too many pages from Funcom's playbook on sucking the fun out good games.

• metalhead980metalhead980 Member Posts: 2,658

I played yesterday for around six hours and didn't go below 40 stamina.

I'm sorry that you can't be a power gamer(10+ hours daily) in this game.

Personally I like stamina it stops Gold farmers and bots.

Atlantica may be the best F2p game on the market, I'm enjoying myself.

PLaying: EvE, Ryzom

Waiting For: Earthrise, Perpetuum

Originally posted by metalhead980

As I mentioned, I'm not a power gamer, so if I can deplete the stam as a casual player, then there's something wrong.  Kudos to you if you can play for 6 hours and only engage in 60 battles and call it fun, but I personally don't see how it could be all that interesting.  In order to explore the crafting, you have to be able to go farm craft materials, which eats away at the stam very quickly, regardless of whether you're a power gamer or not.  Add to the equation that some quests are to gather 15-20 items, the mobs you select don't always have the most opponents available in each encounter, and on top of that, they don't always drop the quest item you need, requiring you to engage in more combat.  So yippee, the gold pharmer doesn't get his gold, but guess what, I eventually don't get what I need while playing legitimately.

Even if I did want to be a power gamer and play 10+ hours a day, why should nDoors care?  If anything, they should want that.  Right now, it's like inviting guests to a party, handing them a countdown timer, and telling them that once the timer runs out, they can't eat, drink, or do anything but walk around and talk to people.  If they want to be able to eat and drink again, they'll have to go out and play party games that people are less than thrilled about.

Personally, I'm leaving this party.  If you find it fun, great for you.  Me?  I want more out of a game.

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by Mahrtiir

Originally posted by metalhead980

As I mentioned, I'm not a power gamer, so if I can deplete the stam as a casual player, then there's something wrong.  Kudos to you if you can play for 6 hours and only engage in 60 battles and call it fun, but I personally don't see how it could be all that interesting.  In order to explore the crafting, you have to be able to go farm craft materials, which eats away at the stam very quickly, regardless of whether you're a power gamer or not.  Add to the equation that some quests are to gather 15-20 items, the mobs you select don't always have the most opponents available in each encounter, and on top of that, they don't always drop the quest item you need, requiring you to engage in more combat.  So yippee, the gold pharmer doesn't get his gold, but guess what, I eventually don't get what I need while playing legitimately.

Even if I did want to be a power gamer and play 10+ hours a day, why should nDoors care?  If anything, they should want that.  Right now, it's like inviting guests to a party, handing them a countdown timer, and telling them that once the timer runs out, they can't eat, drink, or do anything but walk around and talk to people.  If they want to be able to eat and drink again, they'll have to go out and play party games that people are less than thrilled about.

Personally, I'm leaving this party.  If you find it fun, great for you.  Me?  I want more out of a game.

Firstly when fighting a monster, it is always the best to have the full information of that monster, shared from another player who has a full information on that monster. This full information will give you better drops so as to say you will see Ashen Crystals (2+1). This +1 is because you are fighting the mob with full information. To get full information ask any high level guild mate or anyone who has full information to share information from the actions window in the Personal Message box.

Going by this technique if people are still saying that stamina system is going to make this game go to exit, well, they are really not playing with intelligence.

I read a few posts stating that 800 Ashen Crystal hunt is really terrible with 50 stamina at level 50+. Well to answer that the free league 5 straight wins gives you a lilith box and opening it, you may get 30 ashen crystals just like that. Also you get 20,000 at division 18 and for every higher division you get 10,000 more gold with 20,000 = 30,000 (at 17)….40,000 (at 16) and so on….100,000 (At division 12).  No problem there whatsoever in buying the Ashen Crystals out. Thus if you can make a better character and your gameplay strategy is superior, stamina system cannot effect you. I almost always had 100+ stamina from level 35+ to level 44 by winning in free league and adding stamina and also making money in the free league. There is also a mentor system where you get hold of beginners and get stamina pills from mentoring points. Beginners can be found from community tab at the upper right corner. Just ask them and pass them the 200k gold you will get when they reach level 30 and you will keep on getting mentoring points and thus stamina pills will add 20 stamina. So I didn’t had a stamina trouble in getting levels and I use to play all day and night long and participate in all the leagues that comes along. So buying Ashen crystals with money and the Lilith boxes win and the stamina part is really awesome combination that separates the boys from the men and keeps away the gold farmers from making the server over-populated and ruining the economy of the game.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

free league sucks, sure its fun the first couple times, but since its so forced upon the players, you get players who really dont want to pvp competing for stamina and prizes.  the tournaments in cb1 were great, it wasnt forced and so only thouse who really wanted to pvp would compete.  the free league is buggy (someties you wont warp to the battle), unbalaced (you can get paired with someone much higher of a level than you) and often unfair (if your a lower level get ready for mana burn spam + whole team getting one shotted)

still cant understand why some people think its ok that a game forces others to play a way that isnt fun for them, it effects your gameplay in no way if people are allowed to grind. just makes no sense.

free league sucks, sure its fun the first couple times, but since its so forced upon the players, you get players who really dont want to pvp competing for stamina and prizes.  the tournaments in cb1 were great, it wasnt forced and so only thouse who really wanted to pvp would compete.  the free league is buggy (someties you wont warp to the battle), unbalaced (you can get paired with someone much higher of a level than you) and often unfair (if your a lower level get ready for mana burn spam + whole team getting one shotted)
    still cant understand why some people think its ok that a game forces others to play a way that isnt fun for them, it effects your gameplay in no way if people are allowed to grind. just makes no sense.

It is no force actually. Better character making will get you into winning the league matches which eventually will lead you to less playing and more gold and faster item buying capacity. May be you do not like PvPing but for me it is the best thing to do in a Mmo. Only through PvP you can find out if your character building process is going better than the other players or not.

Now the game is still in beta, they will streamline the system. If you have any complains you can well post them at the Atlantica forums. Atlantica Online community hears a lot of the player complains and tries to make the game as friendly as possible for the players unlike communities like AoC.

Free league the name suggests free process of competing and thus you get higher level players competing with you as you move up the division. I remember when I chained mana drain scroll on a level 65 with beast-master and he failed to win the battle. I was then at level 41. Just imagine the new player and his power leveling could not make him beat me and this sends enough of a note that Atlantica Online is not a grind game. You need intelligence and knowledge of the game too, to make yourself the best and move up the league. This is what I want in a Mmo.

This system is what really separates the boys from the men or to say the noobs from the veterans. Competing with other players is about skill and knowledge of the game while killing endless number of monsters is all about killing time.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Originally posted by Sourajit

It is no force actually. Better character making will get you into winning the league matches which eventually will lead you to less playing and more gold and faster item buying capacity. May be you do not like PvPing but for me it is the best thing to do in a Mmo. Only through PvP you can find out if your character building process is going better than the other players or not.
    <snip>
    This system is what really separates the boys from the men or to say the noobs from the veterans. Competing with other players is about skill and knowledge of the game while killing endless number of monsters is all about killing time.

When the system prevents you from progressing by disabling your ability to gain XP or loot unless you do something you wouldn't necessarily consider otherwise, it is forcing you.  It doesn't matter if your character can rock and roll in Free League, the fact remains it's a necessary evil for those who are only casually interested in PvP.  Sure, that's the only way to see how your character build stacks up against others, but not everyone measures their enjoyment of gameplay by that yardstick.

Separates the boys from men and noobs from veterans?  Puh-leeze!  In almost every game I've played, the PvP community is rife with the most immature, whiny, crybaby people I've ever come across.  It's fine that you like PvP, and it's fine that you're happy with the stam system, but do yourself a favor and don't depend on PvP to define your manhood.  You'll find you're sorely disappointed at the results.

Originally posted by Mahrtiir

Originally posted by Sourajit

<snip>

When the system prevents you from progressing by disabling your ability to gain XP or loot unless you do something you wouldn't necessarily consider otherwise, it is forcing you.  It doesn't matter if your character can rock and roll in Free League, the fact remains it's a necessary evil for those who are only casually interested in PvP.  Sure, that's the only way to see how your character build stacks up against others, but not everyone measures their enjoyment of gameplay by that yardstick.

Separates the boys from men and noobs from veterans?  Puh-leeze!  In almost every game I've played, the PvP community is rife with the most immature, whiny, crybaby people I've ever come across.  It's fine that you like PvP, and it's fine that you're happy with the stam system, but do yourself a favor and don't depend on PvP to define your manhood.  You'll find you're sorely disappointed at the results.

Reply to Mahrtiir.

What do you mean by manhood in gaming world?

Lol! This is just a game and when in game, you are just there for fun.

Now this free league also wants you to level. What I have seen so far and what I have felt so far the game is not easy after level 50. May be you are a team based Mmo player. I also used to be one when I started playing but soon I found out that the trick to doing solo gaming is all about the knowledge of the system. You know the game and the intricate details of your gaming world and you can do whatever you wish to in this gaming world. Now PvPing is a part of casual game-play and the only thing that gives it a shed better feeling is when you kill noobs and they do not have any idea, HOW?

If you are so much in love with Team Gaming, you can play the Anarchy Online. It is free to play and do not even have cash shop item selling structure. You can well spend endless hours in trying to find a healer or may be doing the same old stuff that we did years before.

I will stick to modern PvP oriented games as the new games have new things to offer and also I may be the few firsts to see the higher level game content of Atlantica Online.

Well, if you hate competition in gaming world then what about gaming?

Online game is all about playing against or with players from round the world and attacking towns and raiding other guilds. If you see the trend that is lately going on you will see WAR is going to be released and it has a lot of PvP content.

I do not know, why you are persistently against Atlantica Online and its mode of gameplay but I can assure you even a casual mmo player will have fun making stuff and selling in the market or making that weapon that will be bided in the Auction house in Rome. Not always does PvPing is required, you can always be a support craftsman for your guild and do justice for your guild when it wins out towns and ravages other guilds.

But still if you think you do not like Atlantica Online there is really no harm in it. There are plenty of games coming out in both F2P and P2P segment; you can always try them out. But for me whether it is manhood or whatever in gaming world, I will go for PvP and large scale player versus player fights.

It is not always that two people have Burgers as favorite and so we may differ in our gameplay mode but then again that is where we also become Mmo players. I like Atlantica Online and if the Item Shop does not affect the character building part or the PvP part then I will continue to enjoy this game and I think, it has all the depth and the content to make me consumed for the coming years.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

Not really sure where you got your assumptions regarding my gaming preferences, but it's irrelevant to the topic anyway.  My problem isn't with Atlantica Online or even PvP really.  I actually liked playing Atlantica Online.  My problem is with the stam system.

Why?  Because the stam system forces, yes forces, you to enter the Free League PvP in order to gain back stam points and thus the ability to continue progressing in the game.  It is dictating a style of play and then giving you the choice to take it or leave it until 6A the next morning.  Sorry, but that doesn't fit into my definition of fun.

Using your example of exploring crafting, if I want to work with the crafting portion of the game for a while instead of PvP, I should have that option without worrying about how many battles I have available to procure crafting materials.  Let's face it, you can burn a lot of points looking for crafting materials simply because not every mob drops what you want/need, requiring you to go hunt some more.

Here is my bottom line:  take out the stam system, and I think Atlantica Online is a very fun game.

All the stam system does is limit the game.  If nDoors wants to encourage community interaction and PvP, then they need to make it attractive to do so through events, group quests with greater rewards, unique items, etc.  Anyone will tell you that you get better positive response through positive reinforcement than through negative reinforcement.  The stam system is forced interaction, and when you're forced to do something, the natural tendency is to resent it.

As I said before, if you like the stam sytem and it inherent limitations and requirements, then knock yourself out.  I personally find it too limiting.

The ironic thing was that during cb1 when there was no stamina system, the community did help each other, people participated in the pvp tournaments, people where menotring.

Everything the system is suppose to force upon the community was already being used by a large portion of the community.

Now, no longer is montoring being used by helpful players wanting to make a noobs life easyer...now its every noob who hits level 30 is spamming you to be your mentor and then ignoring you, possibly promising you 200k then once you hit 30 scamming you out of it.  Stamina is now really the deciples helping out guild members get money and points for stamina, not helping each other out...total fail when a system meant to help new people is used like this.

Now the pvp tournament is free league.  Before in cb1 the tournaments where participated by people serious about it.  I never had a problem finding a duel when there was no event going on.  The fact of the matter was that pvp wasnt even fun untill later in the game around 55+ when you have a full team.  Now its a crowded and buggy free league, where unfair battles are matched up.  There never was apvp problem to begin with...so why did they "fix" it?

There never was a problem with people doing guild related activities, in fact, most people tried to help their guilds as much as possible, since you could level them.  Again, they attemped to fix what wasnt broken.

So im not really sure where they got this idea the community was being, as a whole,  a bunch of reclusive, anti-social grinders...CB1 was not at all like this, but i have to wonder the real motive for trying to enhance every aspect of the game by nerfing combat to a limit.  It really was sad to see them wreck a perfictly good game.  Now the community is what needs fixing, you had people asking negativly about stamina in game getting told to "stfu", "gtfo" , quit whining, get a life if you run out of stamina...heard a lot of mean things in game, especially towards the end of cb2...this system that has meant to enhance community has split the community and turned it into a very ugly place to be.

But theres always people who think that since it doenst effect them that you should "stfu", deal with it, logoff if you run out of stamina because your a lifeless nerd if you dont....but the system is here to stay, which is why you wont be seeing 5-6k blue names in the game come cb3 or open beta (cb1 gift to those who reached 20+ was a blue name while everyone gets white)  those who didnt test cb1 really missed out on a great game.

this is one blue name who wont be in game.

The ironic thing was that during cb1 when there was no stamina system, the community did help each other, people participated in the pvp tournaments, people where menotring.
    Everything the system is suppose to force upon the community was already being used by a large portion of the community.
    Now, no longer is montoring being used by helpful players wanting to make a noobs life easyer...now its every noob who hits level 30 is spamming you to be your mentor and then ignoring you, possibly promising you 200k then once you hit 30 scamming you out of it.  Stamina is now really the deciples helping out guild members get money and points for stamina, not helping each other out...total fail when a system meant to help new people is used like this.
    Now the pvp tournament is free league.  Before in cb1 the tournaments where participated by people serious about it.  I never had a problem finding a duel when there was no event going on.  The fact of the matter was that pvp wasnt even fun untill later in the game around 55+ when you have a full team.  Now its a crowded and buggy free league, where unfair battles are matched up.  There never was apvp problem to begin with...so why did they "fix" it?
    There never was a problem with people doing guild related activities, in fact, most people tried to help their guilds as much as possible, since you could level them.  Again, they attemped to fix what wasnt broken.
    So im not really sure where they got this idea the community was being, as a whole,  a bunch of reclusive, anti-social grinders...CB1 was not at all like this, but i have to wonder the real motive for trying to enhance every aspect of the game by nerfing combat to a limit.  It really was sad to see them wreck a perfictly good game.  Now the community is what needs fixing, you had people asking negativly about stamina in game getting told to "stfu", "gtfo" , quit whining, get a life if you run out of stamina...heard a lot of mean things in game, especially towards the end of cb2...this system that has meant to enhance community has split the community and turned it into a very ugly place to be.
    But theres always people who think that since it doenst effect them that you should "stfu", deal with it, logoff if you run out of stamina because your a lifeless nerd if you dont....but the system is here to stay, which is why you wont be seeing 5-6k blue names in the game come cb3 or open beta (cb1 gift to those who reached 20+ was a blue name while everyone gets white)  those who didnt test cb1 really missed out on a great game.
    this is one blue name who wont be in game.

Yep!

I read your post and it somewhere made me ask a few questions to myself.

1. Do people always want a game to be easy?

2. Do people get satisfaction from old rules and never give a damn about better and stronger rule sets?

3. Why is always the in-game PvP going to be level capped?

Firstly at cb1 the game was extremely easy to play along and did not provide any challenge whatsoever. To bring back the challenge in the game and to incorporate a system where grinding won’t get you anywhere but total involvement in crafting and gaming community the stamina system was used primarily.

To answer about your stamina system queries, I give you a paragraph of my previously written text of how to tackle this dropping of stamina.

Firstly when fighting a monster, it is always the best to have the full information of that monster, shared from another player who has a full information on that monster. This full information will give you better drops so as to say you will see Ashen Crystals (2+1). This +1 is because you are fighting the mob with full information. To get full information ask any high level guild mate or anyone who has full information to share information from the actions window in the Personal Message box.

Going by this technique if people are still saying that stamina system is going to make this game go to exit, well, they are really not playing with intelligence.

I read a few posts stating that 800 Ashen Crystal hunt is really terrible with 50 stamina at level 50+. Well to answer that the free league 5 straight wins gives you a lilith box and opening it, you may get 30 ashen crystals just like that. Also you get 20,000 at division 18 and for every higher division you get 10,000 more gold with 20,000 = 30,000 (at 17)….40,000 (at 16) and so on….100,000 (At division 12).  No problem there whatsoever in buying the Ashen Crystals out. Thus if you can make a better character and your gameplay strategy is superior, stamina system cannot effect you. I almost always had 100+ stamina from level 35+ to level 44 by winning in free league and adding stamina and also making money in the free league. There is also a mentor system where you get hold of beginners and get stamina pills from mentoring points. Beginners can be found from community tab at the upper right corner. Just ask them and pass them the 200k gold you will get when they reach level 30 and you will keep on getting mentoring points and thus stamina pills will add 20 stamina. So I didn’t had a stamina trouble in getting levels and I use to play all day and night long and participate in all the leagues that comes along. So buying Ashen crystals with money and the Lilith boxes win and the stamina part is really awesome combination that separates the boys from the men and keeps away the gold farmers from making the server over-populated and ruining the economy of the game.

Here is where I give you a full set of answers regarding why free league is pushed in the game. To be honest free league will work as a ladder as was in fury and there are going to be great prizes won also. If the player base is not joining the free league and it has no such great rewards or motivations to join free league then we might have many characters that are as easy as it gets and will not be able to tackle shadow dungeons or likewise at higher levels and thus we have gimps so as to say. Simultaneously the free league gives enough scope for lower level people and higher level people to do PvP and the system is not dependent on levels unlike many games.

Here is a slight example.

The awesome thing about this free league which allures me most is the scrolls. If I use the correct scroll in the free league which I did, then I can even beat a player 30+ levels beyond me. So for me scrolls rock. But Oh well , the best part , what will I do at level 25 if my opponent at level 65 uses scrolls on me.

This is a question that’s yet not answered but I think will be dealt with in the CB3.

The community as far as I know is to be shifted to more of guilding and more of guilds ravaging other guilds and town exploits. So to be honest we now going into CB3 do not need much loose solo gamers who do not like guilds. Thus the role playing portion of Atlantica Online is to be shifted more into the guild portion and the questing is the solo branch. So it is no longer a strong player but a strong guild and it is always a good character / intelligent gamer making to the top of the ladder.

If others can do it with stamina system and some cannot may be there will be some changes but only grinding won’t get you anywhere in this game. We all know 7mercs easily kill 9mercs and the higher level player with 1 missing merc thinks twice, how the lower level player managed to get me.

The mentoring system is not really a chat interface to help people but it somewhere is also a thing you need to do to get stamina points and thus this system eradicates new-comers without knowledge of what is coming up next. We all know that the mentors activities and boss kills are messaged back to the disciples thus giving a very good idea of what’s coming next. The 200k is something you get at 30 from your mentor and thus this confirms a chat interaction between the mentor and the disciple and thus increases community interaction between lower and higher level players.

Lastly the strong words that you have seen being told during CB2 do not reflect a community but individual players who has taken the challenge from the developers and their tight rules and going to see the end game be it whatever. For veteran gamers the gaming is now the harder it gets the better it is and we do not like grinds much. I really believe it is way more fun doing and playing a difficult intelligent game than playing like a bot and leveling.

The CB’s are all about testing the popularity of the on-going game and if CB3 fails to some extent may be there will be a reset back to CB1. As far as I recollect from the forums CB2 had more players and is better appreciated and thus there was no wipe.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

• CartmageCartmage Member Posts: 1

I have a feeling that the stamina-based limitations are being put in place to help generate revenue.

Atlantica is a free-to-play game and will generate cash through the item mall (I have already decided I will buy monthly auto-run and auto battle lisences for farming). I am willing to bet anything that the final solution to the stamina problem will be them developing additional stamina lisences sold only through the item mall.

What better way to generate revenue than to essentially limit a players daily playing time unless he or she pays?

If this were not the intended purpose, why would the ammount of stamina DECREASE at a higher level when it takes more and more exp and items to develop your character?

-Cartmage

Originally posted by Cartmage

I have a feeling that the stamina-based limitations are being put in place to help generate revenue.
    Atlantica is a free-to-play game and will generate cash through the item mall (I have already decided I will buy monthly auto-run and auto battle lisences for farming). I am willing to bet anything that the final solution to the stamina problem will be them developing additional stamina lisences sold only through the item mall.
    What better way to generate revenue than to essentially limit a players daily playing time unless he or she pays?
    If this were not the intended purpose, why would the ammount of stamina DECREASE at a higher level when it takes more and more exp and items to develop your character?

As far as I have gathered information I think the item mall will sell licenses like Auto Battle, Teleport and Auto Move and so on but there will not be anything for stamina as of yet.

By the way the stamina system is not to limit players of their monster killing / grinding time but to banish botters once and for all.

Stamina is decreasing at a higher level as we have seen bots generally operate at higher levels and not at lower levels. Moreover when you pass a certain level the game system is going to make it more difficult. It is not a grind Mmo where you just kill and go to max level and end the game.

It is more of a game of crafting and making a better character and participate in daily free leagues. Crafting is a must and thus the game does not revolve around endless monster killing spree.

Also if you study the quest / experience gathered graph you will notice the higher level you are the more you get experience from quests. To be honest the amount of experience points given for a multiple quest will be awarded for a single quest at higher levels.

Another reason may be that once you have learnt the game, the game wants you to immerse yourself more into community activities like making guilds and helping people out rather than go and see max levels.

For me, the stamina system rocks and I have never been out of stamina after level 35+ and could well take 3-4 levels daily.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

Apparently the stam system is doing its fair share of driving non-botters away as well, if all the other stam-related posts and threads that I've read are an indication.  It encourages nothing, because it only enforces penalties (no XP or loot).  Encouragement uses positive reinforcement to reward desired behavior, and the stam system does not.  It has nothing to do with studying the intricacies of the game or achieving the best character build.

By the way, just because people don't enjoy being forced into the Free League, it doesn't automatically make them grinders or people who simply want to achieve max level as quickly as possible.  But I don't expect this to change your song any since you seem to be one of the few who actually love the stam system.

I'm done with this game and this discussion.  Enjoy your time in My Way Or The Highway Online.

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Well, after giving this a try tonight, I ran out of stamina in about 2 1/2 hours.

I can't really do anything in the game that gives me more stamina, because I really still have no idea what the heck I'm doing.  I don't even know how to navigate my way around the world, I have to use auto-move to find half the things. (Horrible mini-map, really blurry)

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• levsixlevsix Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Originally posted by sanders01

They're doing it so their cash shop will be worth a damn, And only the rich can play it.
    Free games aren't free.

I can't stand item malls. They end up costing way more than a standard "expensive" monthly fee MMO. It's a total scam. Interestingly enough, I've found every item mall game I've tried (a dozen or more) to be total garbage. Seems like a con to me and the game quality is often a reflection of that money hungry mentality.

Have a winner and don't go on a game over! Does your avatar make you powerful in real life? Check out the Mystical Enders gaming community. www.mysticalenders.com

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222
    Originally posted by levsix

Originally posted by sanders01

Free games aren't free.

I can't stand item malls. They end up costing way more than a standard "expensive" monthly fee MMO. It's a total scam. Interestingly enough, I've found every item mall game I've tried (a dozen or more) to be total garbage. Seems like a con to me and the game quality is often a reflection of that money hungry mentality.

Well, someone translated the Korean item mall list on the official site, and there's nothing really too bad.

The real question is, will they offer stamina potions to get around the stamina limit? If so, then yes, they are probably going to be one of those gouging games.

But yeah, I spent something like $180 on Sword of the New World (Granado Espada) in 6 months.  There's almost like an addiction factor to item malls. Finally I wised up when they charged $5 for their one year anniversary costumes. 

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• nightwing70nightwing70 Member Posts: 142

They said they won't make stamina pills in the cash shop.