Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game!

danuisdanuis Member Posts: 7

While most people here complaining about the eye candy,its not that old.Using their own made personal game engine,and using what they can,its pretty good for a indie.The game play is good,and while the UI is a bit hard,and not newbie friendly,its got a great community,and are able to help out.The forums are full of events,crews looking for ships,and marketing.

Most people are confused-why play a game with bad GFX when others got better ones?The main reason why is of its setting.Like other Sci-Fi games,it focuses on a huge galactic community.

The game galaxy is based off the real life "galactic hood" and is accurate,giving a real view of the 1000ly raduis around earth.Even with the hyperdrive and about 16 game years passed,there are still many things to find out.

the content is good,while limited,it is updated twice-weekly or so.The game has a good pirating,fleet,colonizer,business man and cargo running ideals.Some,like henry morgan and  thomas spear are successful pirates,kidnapping and holding for ransom,Business men are a new,unexplored feature-with the new player controlled economy,Why stay looking at shopmart when You can control the ,say,fleet contracts,or ship building indrusty?Or,for those explorers,their is only the "galatic barrier" limit,but more than 100,000 light years to explore.Find out the history,or seek the anceint treasures of the pirates.Or,maybe,its cargo and money your desire-if you can,you can build a shipping business very fast,and money really grows on trees-there are millionares overnight,and a billionares-there is even rumors of a "trillionare"..if moneys your fancy,the game covers that to.Combat?There are many Npc pirates and alien races to fight,and most are challenging...take the Icarus and a raptor.The new combat update makes fights more realistic,with smaller ships being to take on heavy cruisers easily.Or,maybe,ruling is your fancy.....Colonize worlds,build your goverment,and wacth your population grow.

What about the economy,you ask?with all those credits in use,how come it does not collapse?There is a new player controlled economy,mainly on shipyards.As explained before,You can build ships,Defenses,and stations.The npc goods are based on supply and demand,not how much money there is.The money is stable cause the goverment is strong enough to make it work.

Goverment?you may ask...Can i be president,a senator?or something in between?Of course.With time,your colony can grow-a 1000 people needed for the parliment seat,and a million for a senator.You can be elected,like i was,for a spokesmen of a colony,and can run for president-Right now,even a famous pirate is running for the 2228 election!

So...to the might and fun of Starquest online!

Comments

• weylin6weylin6 Member Posts: 18

I accually like the invintory system and UI... its kind of grown on me and makes more since than if they had gone with a different method like the invintory slots ect.

• WallanoWallano Member Posts: 104

Its a great game. If you want a Sandbox game you have it right here you can do anything you want to. be a crafter, Buisnessman, Captain of your own battleship with your own player crew to command, a pirate. Or start your own colony. All in all a great game. :D

• danuisdanuis Member Posts: 7

Wallano make your own post.DON'T STEAL FROM MINES

• SpeedMannSpeedMann Member UncommonPosts: 333
    Originally posted by danuis

If this a sign of the community in the game then no thanks. What is being stolen from you anyways?. Seems like the person was agreeing with you.

==================================================
    Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy!

• danuisdanuis Member Posts: 7

look at the topic below this one..but wallano,i worked hard on that,so just make your own.

^ sorry.i was grumpy.wallano,im sorry :(

one,i was grumpy cause i got hit in the nuts with a jemmy,so,ya....

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012
    Originally posted by SpeedMann

Originally posted by danuis

If this a sign of the community in the game then no thanks. What is being stolen from you anyways?. Seems like the person was agreeing with you.

lol seriously, I was thinking of checking out the game, but making an absurd wild claim towards someone who was agreeing with your post kind of puts me off. :P

• caemsgcaemsg Member Posts: 105

danius you truly make the game community look bad but i suppose there is always 1 who cares that some one reposted something its nothing to make a song and dance out of

but enough

we have just had a update that added a whole new player controlled race to the game and while its still in beta and its main reason for existence at the moment is to balance the other race that was implemented the previous month it will become playable openly once my self and the other bug hunters have ironed it all out what devlopment company patches important stuff twice weekly ? and its not just crappy bug fixes its content events graphics upgrades and the like so please ignore kentara/danius he is the 1 immature person that always semes to infect the forum of a good game

and i invite you to tae a look SQO is not for everyone but who knows you wont know if you don't try it

• WallanoWallano Member Posts: 104

Sorry about that Danius. My intent was to show your review on the Discussion forums and not in the StarQuest forums since there is much more people watching the discission forums but it was moved here.

• TheoTheo Member Posts: 242

Danuis is NOT representative of the community. He's sort of our dirty little secret.

I'd encourage anyone who's even mildly intrigued to give the game a try. It's a refreshing change of pace from the cookie-cutter "kill-loot-level" fare.

• weylin6weylin6 Member Posts: 18

woah, guys, just ignore him, hes like the ONLY spammer in the whole community -_-

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

ahhh lol, well he cant be the worst "dirty little secret" for an mmo, Ive seen hell of alot worse :P