Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Not Bad Idea at all!

I actually tried it out a couple of hours today and I think that the Stamina system will do just fine with a little bit of touch up here and there in the future. 

ppl are already bashing about this new update without even testing for it, but I think this will effectively discourage botting in the live server and also let users to interact with each other and have just plain fun time together.  I think that's what MMO is all about, HAVING FUN TOGETHER!!.

Let's test the game more thoroughly and give Dev constructive feedbacks guys...I really really love this game and l see myself playing this game for a long time.

Comments

• soulshakersoulshaker Member Posts: 10

@Poringrider I totally agree with you,

I think Atlantica Online deserve much more and better attention than this. Most of the users who didn't take part in CB1 will expect this game to be just 'bad' after reading the other threads, but I've played CB1 and really enjoyed it, the turn-based combat mode is brilliant. everyone's getting upset now because of the stamina system without even trying it out. After all it's just the next phase of Closed Beta and I think there are still many improvements to come before the final release.

• KaiserstromKaiserstrom Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Poringrider

I actually tried it out a couple of hours today and I think that the Stamina system will do just fine with a little bit of touch up here and there in the future. 
    ppl are already bashing about this new update without even testing for it, but I think this will effectively discourage botting in the live server and also let users to interact with each other and have just plain fun time together.  I think that's what MMO is all about, HAVING FUN TOGETHER!!.
    Let's test the game more thoroughly and give Dev constructive feedbacks guys...I really really love this game and l see myself playing this game for a long time.

This whole paragraph suspiciously sounds like a Dev or Mod for the game, not that im paranoid or anything.

Sorry im not convinced, i've played the first beta and the stamina system is a Limitation not a godsend. After an hour and a half of playing and finding my stamina at 0, i simply closed the game. At a low level what do you expect me to do, craft? join a guild? maybe party with the 2 or 3 people still on the server that hopefully havnt used up their stamina points.

I was really looking forward to this game too.

STAMINA SYSTEMS IN GAMES DO NOT WORK 

PERIOD!

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

Well, the stamina system may not be so bad if you play an hour a day, but after level 50 you onl get 50 stamina per day.  Can you imagine what leveling will be then?  I got to 53 in closed beta 1 and i can assure you that 50 battles willnot get you anywhere.  Try getting the high end mercenaries with 50 battles...will take you a month.   Try upgrading 9 mercenaries when it takes 100 ashen crystals do do it per mercenary.

The problem is that this system helps uber casual players like you while at the same time drive away any moderate or hardcore player, we all know the hardcore players are the cash shops best friend.

It took me like 2 hours to completely use up my stamina on the first night of cb2.  Why? because i grinded on low level mobs so that i could have all of my mercenaries equipped.  this is how i play, i prepare my team then i quest and level up.  This system is nothing more than telling the community how to play, a HUGE no-no in an mmo.  This system is the inverse of a sandbox mmo.  The stamina was nothing more than a dark could hovering above me, every fight i watched my ability to play shink and shrink.  Regaining it isnt even worth it, i have to pvp battle someone for only 3 points? thats 3 battles...

This system may not seem like a huge deal to a casual player now, but even the casusals will be effected later on at 50+ when they only get to play for 30-45 minuets and those long quests at 50+ take weeks to finish.  Quest are not suppose to take weeks at a time to finish, at best your suppose to finish a quest in one sitting.

That being said stay away from this game untill ndoors removes this horific system.

* i would also like to point out that the OP has a seriously low post count, which tell me that he is affiliated with NDOORS, since i only saw one person on the official forums post something positive about the stamina system after trying it.  Even the 10-15 players who were optimistic about the stamina system before trying it have changed their minds and want it removed.

*listen you your damn community and remove this horible system*

• whastingswhastings Member Posts: 26

Did anyone notice the first two posts in this thread are from MMORPG.com accounts created the same day they posted.

My guess is, Atlantica Online employees.

EDIT: NVM...

I don't suppose MMORPG.com can police this kind of shameless, deceptive self promotion?

Current Game: nothing
    Retired Games: Star Wars Galaxies, World of Warcraft
    Looking forward to: Stargate Worlds, Aion, Earthrise

Who cares, this forum is full of company self promoters, if you want to know what the atlantica community really thinks click on the website link and go to the forums, you will see that the two guys who posted about loving it have nothing to do with the actual community.

hey, you guys may think what you want, but I was just trying to say that I really enjoyed CB1 and although the new implemented system might not work(I only played CB2 for about half an hour) but there will hopefully be improvements.

yup, the gm's said that they will listen to us, now it is up to the developers to take action and remedy this situation.  Im sure others can vouch for diffrent games where this has been the case, the community usualy loses these battles, especialy when dealing with a system designed to sell cash shop items, no matter the detriment of the game/community as a whole.  Mabey this company is diffrent, who knows.

but like i said, i think the community has been heard, the ball is now in the developers court.

• AshansAshans Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by soulshaker

@Poringrider I totally agree with you,
    I think Atlantica Online deserve much more and better attention than this. Most of the users who didn't take part in CB1 will expect this game to be just 'bad' after reading the other threads, but I've played CB1 and really enjoyed it, the turn-based combat mode is brilliant. everyone's getting upset now because of the stamina system without even trying it out. After all it's just the next phase of Closed Beta and I think there are still many improvements to come before the final release.

I totaly desagree with you man sorry but ive play CBT1 and I TOTALY love it but now ive finish my 100 stamina pts in only 3hrs!!! IT SUCKS i want to play MORE DAMN take this unnessery and boring and fail program of this wonderfull game PLZ Stamina systmes SUCK and im not the only one who dont like it

@Ashans I know that the stamina system may be not as good as it should be, but you also have to be aware that this is just Closed Beta which is for TESTING the game, and I am sure, that there are alot more improvements on the stamina issue to come since everybody's seem to be upset about it. The stamina system forces people to pvp and that's the biggest issue('force'), but the basic intentions are not bad at all. I really like playing atlanica online, it's stands out due to its tactical combat system compared to other mmorpgs. and at least the dev try to make it a unique game instead of just releasing another hacknslay.

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

@Ashans I know that the stamina system may be not as good as it should be, but you also have to be aware that this is just Closed Beta which is for TESTING the game, and I am sure, that there are alot more improvements on the stamina issue to come since everybody's seem to be upset about it. The stamina system forces people to pvp and that's the biggest issue('force'), but the basic intentions are not bad at all. I really like playing atlanica online, it's stands out due to its tactical combat system compared to other mmorpgs. and at least the dev try to make it a unique game instead of just releasing another hacknslay.

How long is a game unique when you have to buy item mall crap to get extra turns. It's a terrible system and one that will likely stay they will just expand the turns either way they took an awesome game and made it unplayable or lack of interest to play any more which ever you choose.

We'll see what they do.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.

Hello ndoor employee..good moring to you..anyway as the community has stated the only real fix for the stamina system is to remove it.  No one wants to play a mmo that dictates to you how you can play and what you can do, this idea is crazy.  tell your developers to remove the system at once, its what the majority of your customers wants.  the korean version has no system and its doing fine, why should we have this sytem that punishes all but a few casual players and benefits no one. positive renforcement not negative is what you need to do get get the results you want. go on to the atlantica forums and read about it.

Also may i suggest that if you plan on impostering a real player, you might want to edit your user info.  my question is, why is someone from korea (as stated in your info) posting regarding this game, when you have your own version of atlantica with no stamina?  Seems you know an awful lot about this stamina system for someone who has their own local version that lacks this system.../exposed

so i suggest to you and your company to save your reputation and do what is right...shut the game down, get rid of this horrible system, and resume beta, before you community leaves you.  first game ive seen lose member before open beta even starts.

here read pages 1-10

http://atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center/ATforum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1676&posts=210&start=1

the system is not acceptable

remove it and redeem yourself, keep it or modify it and watch the customers leave before you even make a dime off of them

oh and we have tested the stamina system, 2-4 hours at a time -.-

• boukyakuboukyaku Member Posts: 12

I just played the game last night, got my group up to lv 13 with 31 stamina points left....

I saw A LOT, of ppl. Didn't seem like the majority really cared. If 90% of the community left because of sp like someone here said, then that 90% has just been filled up with new players.

I never thought about it that way, but it actually is a good way to take care of bots. Unless the person wants to pay out the ear for letting the bot go crazy.

Anyway ppl on the forums almost always never represent the majority of players in the game, just a bunch of fan bois and loud ppl.

Originally posted by boukyaku

I just played the game last night, got my group up to lv 13 with 31 stamina points left....
    I saw A LOT, of ppl. Didn't seem like the majority really cared. If 90% of the community left because of sp like someone here said, then that 90% has just been filled up with new players.
    I never thought about it that way, but it actually is a good way to take care of bots. Unless the person wants to pay out the ear for letting the bot go crazy.
    Anyway ppl on the forums almost always never represent the majority of players in the game, just a bunch of fan bois and loud ppl.

I bet you cant wait to get into that cash shop and start buying stamina recovery items.  Yes we all know that the stamina isnt really that big of a deal under level 51. Trust me, i tested in cb1 above level 50.  I know for a FACT that 50 battles will not get you anywhere at 51, the quests at 51+ will take days if not weeks to finish, as you need lots of drops to complete.  Have fun upgrading mercenaries at 50 needing 800 total ashen crystals, not counting the one you need to upgrade at 20.  Have fun crafting above craft level 10 on any item, those materials are not cheap, and it takes several battles to complete (ok so they got auto craft, have fun sitting down and afk crafting). 

Also i should add that the pvp tournaments are now niether balanced/fair or fun (you get people matched up that are 11_15 levels apart, with next class equips and an exra mercenary..)  You get only 3 stamina per win.  Stamina pills can be bought with mentor points, they give you 20 stamina, not much at all for the effort of suckering in noobs.  Other than that theres no way to get more.  If you can get more than 100 (people have) and 6am rolls around it gets reset back to 100.

It is unfortunate, however that i think you are right, nothing more than a minor tweak will be done to remedy this, i know it seems like a ton of players but remember everyone is level 1-40 and all playing in the same area, also remember that very few people have hit the level 50 stamina cut of 50%.  I think things will change as players get to experience what fun the game is getting to play in 50 battles a day.

You can call us a bunch of whiners all you want but the truth is this system is horrible, you know it, i know it, and the community knows it.  The only people who benefit, and like it, are casual 1-3 hour a day players, i doubt they will be spending big in the cash shop.

and this isnt a smal minority...here take a read what the customer response has been:

http://atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center/ATforum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1676&posts=223&start=1

http://atlantica.ndoorsgames.com/center/ATforum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=1624&posts=352&start=1

Ok so the population decreases as players get to higher lvs... That isn't really much different than other games i've been through.

I am just saying that from experience. I can tell you for a fact that the sp system is here to stay, and it's as you say, all you are going to see are minor tweaks to it as everyone in the sp forum is getting ignored. Not much different than other games. How many other games have you seen the devs completely ignore the testers, do their own thing cause they think they are gods, and end up doing something stupid that makes the game horrid.

It sounds to me like you are not having any fun playing the game

I wouldn't get so worked up about it. The cycle repeats itself which is why the mmorpg market is so stagnate. It's just a game, don't like it, just move on to the next one like everyone else.

Ok so the population decreases as players get to higher lvs... That isn't really much different than other games i've been through.
    I am just saying that from experience. I can tell you for a fact that the sp system is here to stay, and it's as you say, all you are going to see are minor tweaks to it as everyone in the sp forum is getting ignored. Not much different than other games. How many other games have you seen the devs completely ignore the testers, do their own thing cause they think they are gods, and end up doing something stupid that makes the game horrid.
    It sounds to me like you are not having any fun playing the game
    I wouldn't get so worked up about it. The cycle repeats itself which is why the mmorpg market is so stagnate. It's just a game, don't like it, just move on to the next one like everyone else.

Your right, im not having fun anymore playing the game, 100 battles is great if you play 2-3 hours a day, i tend to like playing a bit longer. Yes people have stretched the stamina to last them many more hours, they do this by not battling much, which is very boring in my eyes.  I dont play these games for a glorified chatroom i come to play the game. The other aspects of the game that they now force you to partake in dont appeal to me.  The pvp tournament is buggy and unfair, as you can get paired to pvp someone much higher than you in level.  The crafting system is a side dish and requires a lot of farming to support.  Guilds are fun, but the guild quests give you a measly amount of guild points, and since they want you to do this when your stamina is out, you dont get drops or exp for your effort.

They took my favorite part of the game and limited it severly.  I dread getting to level 51+ and having to deal with a 50 battle cap.  Never has a game that has succeded limited the amount of mobs you can kill, its insane to do so.

That being said, you are right, im just not having fun anymore, i cant over grind my levels then quest, i have to just quest, i simply dont have the stamina to do anything more than quest.  It sure doesnt feel like a mmo.

So since im not having fun anymore im going to move on. If they remove this sytem entierly for open beta, and im not playing another game, i may come back, but for now its goodbye.

@ Crunchyblack, hey, since you have taken a look at my pers. info and concluded that i MUST be a ndoors employee which is NOT correct, why do I have to justify myself and proof myself to the whole online-community? Because of my pro-statement? Because I live in Korea? So all the people living in korea must be from ndoors right? Yes, I am a korean currently living in korea, but my homecountry is Germany, and why I play 'engl. Version 'online games is because it is much more comfortable than with korean letters. There is a German Guild if you look at the Atlantica forums where I am a member(different ID). If you have anything else you might want to know, please let me know okay?

You are a great analyst.

Besides, I really don't care what you think of this game/my relations to this game, and i'm not interested in your personal info/background either. But you should be careful about posting something about someone you DON'T know. This really sucks.

The reaction to the SP system in this game is quite childish and won't help anyone. In fact, it will just make the important ppl ignore the majority , which unfortunately will end up making them ignore the IMPORTANT minority which would have a great chance of talking to them.

Yes, IMO, the only proper reaction to this system is it just stop playing. IF, they see a drastic decrease in the player population then they will do something.

Anyway I just barely got to lv20 a day ago with 60+ ashen crystals, and decided to stop playin the game not cause of the SP systm, but because it got kind of repetative for me :p

Don't worry though, I am pretty sure we will be seeing a bunch of similiar games coming out soon as we all know how the Korean market works (for those who don't they, copy off eachother and others a lot).

The reaction to the SP system in this game is quite childish and won't help anyone. In fact, it will just make the important ppl ignore the majority , which unfortunately will end up making them ignore the IMPORTANT minority which would have a great chance of talking to them.
    Yes, IMO, the only proper reaction to this system is it just stop playing. IF, they see a drastic decrease in the player population then they will do something.
    Anyway I just barely got to lv20 a day ago with 60+ ashen crystals, and decided to stop playin the game not cause of the SP systm, but because it got kind of repetative for me :p
    Don't worry though, I am pretty sure we will be seeing a bunch of similiar games coming out soon as we all know how the Korean market works (for those who don't they, copy off eachother and others a lot).

Who cares, they made an average game worse in my opinion.  After a few weeks the game will start to bore you too, just like every other fp2 korean grinder.  People forget that this game is still a grinder, only they limit the grind in order to make you go to the cash shop.   So let the developers "stick" it to the community...who cares, ill be playing one of the many p2p games avaliable, as will many others.

• repapipsrepapips Member Posts: 450

Yeah its fun and good game to say the least... try to explore the game aand youll find out for yourself

• PustulioPustulio Member Posts: 80

One of the right decisions I've made in life is to play Atlantica Online

• tikboitikboi Member Posts: 243

thats the idea. the creators actually considered the hack n slash gameplay wouldn't last its "hotness" in the game. stamina system will make it limited.

• ithanisticithanistic Member Posts: 48
    Originally posted by crunchyblack

yup, the gm's said that they will listen to us, now it is up to the developers to take action and remedy this situation.  Im sure others can vouch for diffrent games where this has been the case, the community usualy loses these battles, especialy when dealing with a system designed to sell cash shop items, no matter the detriment of the game/community as a whole.  Mabey this company is diffrent, who knows.

but like i said, i think the community has been heard, the ball is now in the developers court.

i hope so... lets see once the open beta is up.

• gellybeansgellybeans Member Posts: 86

I've been playing the ob since it started yesterday and the stamina system just works perfectly. It really fits in the game to make it more realistic. I think the developers are trying to give a whole new approach to the mmorpg games.

• tikboitikboi Member Posts: 243

its a nice game. everyone should at least try this game.