Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Red Alert 3

BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

So I started my beta account today (through Fileplanet) and played a couple of games.

1 word:

Bleh!

Don't get me wrong. I'm a HUGE C&C fan, but this is just too cartoony and WAY too arcade for my liking. If you thought C&C 3 was too fast and easy, you haven't seen nothing yet!

Anyhoo, had to get this off my chest. Anyone agree or disagree? And why?

Comments

• ChiramChiram Member UncommonPosts: 643

Dooon Doooon Dooon Dooooooooon Dooon Dooon Dooon, tud tud tud  breeewwr, tud tud tud breeeewr, dun dun dun di dun dun dun di di dun, im a mechanical im a mechanical man *moonwalks*

• IlliusIllius Member UncommonPosts: 4,142
    Originally posted by Chiram

Dooon Doooon Dooon Dooooooooon Dooon Dooon Dooon, tud tud tud  breeewwr, tud tud tud breeeewr, dun dun dun di dun dun dun di di dun, im a mechanical im a mechanical man *moonwalks*

My brain just exploded

No required quests! And if I decide I want to be an assassin-cartographer-dancer-pastry chef who lives only to stalk and kill interior decorators, then that's who I want to be, even if it takes me four years to max all the skills and everyone else thinks I'm freaking nuts. -Madimorga-

• SareSare Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by Chiram

I didn't enter my creatures in that because their all ugly things, I also didn't want my monkey to dance for them, he only dances for me. Also, I made them moonwalk once.

• JackcoltJackcolt Member UncommonPosts: 2,170

Don't judge it too fast. The game shows lots of potential (and remember lot of the graphics are missing... at least when comparing to screenshots) - just needs other maps and general tweaking. Unit tweaking can change the whole pacing of the game (just think of the changes between Wc3 and wc3x - it was like a totally different game)

But then again, C&C games have always been fast paced.

• JustBeJustBe Member Posts: 495

I played it and thought to myself "i've played this esact game lots of times before" and just quit. RA2 was fantastic back in 2000 but we've had the same old crap over and over again and tbh if they're going to just produce just another generic rts game, i'm not interested.

If I wanted to play more of the same C&C then I would just play C&C games previous to this one, so why don't they try something new for once instead of milking it like Madden?

One thing I hate is how you have to use the kayboard for RTs games, I like just using the mouse. I wish more developers would take the Black and White idea but put it into a combat based RTS game because it's sooo much more fun interacting with the world using a mouse than just looking at a interface.

Reminds me of mmorpgs like EVE Online where in PVP videos all you see is a interface covering the game and it's like where is the fun in not being able to see the fight you're in?

----------------------------------------
    Talking about SWG much?