Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

True Definition of Min/Maxing?

I am an avid PvP'er and I have heard of min/maxing on a regular occasion.

What is the best definition you can give me, I have only played one PvP game and that was AC, even though I played a little DAoC.

~FC

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

min/max = Battle Mage, or Life/Archer in AC nomenclature. Since the Og mage isn't quite as viable as it once was.

---------
    Wu Name? Misunderstood Menace

"It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."
    Thomas Jefferson

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • palidun50palidun50 Member Posts: 14

To clarify, a min/max character would have stats like the following.

str 100

end 10

coord 100

Quick 100

Focus 10

Self 10

Since as I recall you can only max 3 stats at char creation.

This would give him max attack(melee) and max defense(melee) but min magic

• el_Slackoel_Slacko Member Posts: 310

It means that a character is developed so that he can maximize the use of a few skills and minimize the use of another.

Such as, putting all your points and stats into skills that will help Melee combat and nothing into magical skills. Or visa versa or any other way you see fit.

Pretty much a "Hard Core" character is what this is. Very dangerous at certain things.