Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Poll: The ability to mock Jagex (removal of Rule 5)

Ratboy51Ratboy51 Member Posts: 29

Rule 5 of the Rules on RS says that you can not impersonate Jagex in anyway. You can't mock them, or anything like that or you will get in trouble. I once got muted for 2 days just for saying "Haha, you're all banned!!". Now, imagine they removed Rule 5 and you could always pretend to ban users and have fun!

What do you think? I mean, the rule isn't even nessecary. Jagex doesn't want anybody to copy them is all.

Epic awesome me

Comments

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167
    Originally posted by Ratboy51

Rule 5 of the Rules on RS says that you can not impersonate Jagex in anyway. You can't mock them, or anything like that or you will get in trouble. I once got muted for 2 days just for saying "Haha, you're all banned!!". Now, imagine they removed Rule 5 and you could always pretend to ban users and have fun!
    What do you think? I mean, the rule isn't even nessecary. Jagex doesn't want anybody to copy them is all.

Mock and copy are 2 different things, and yes the rule should stay otherwise people will get away with saying "This is a Jagex Mod, we have received a complaint against you, please give us your password so we can check your account out" etc.

?

• Matt269Matt269 Member Posts: 124

Yeah there actually is a reason for that rule as Akajetson stated. But I do think you should be allowed to mock them in a humorous way as long as it's evident you aren't trying to steal someone's password or hack their account.

• amescoamesco Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by Matt269

Yeah there actually is a reason for that rule as Akajetson stated. But I do think you should be allowed to mock them in a humorous way as long as it's evident you aren't trying to steal someone's password or hack their account.

I agree, but then again Jagex hasn't made too many smart decisions. So it's unlikely.

• BlisseyBlissey Member Posts: 515

By refusing to pay membership alone is a way to mock Jagex. "Boycott  " Jagex 

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353

Yeah making jokes about Jagex is one thing, but pretending to be them is kinda serious. You know asshats are gonna try and steal passwords with it and scare people so why take the rule away especially just so you can go around saying "You're BANNED!!!" which is just childish.

Jagex might have put that rule there for wrong or stupid reasons (like they do with everything else), but it does actually prevent some things.

• acephaloidacephaloid Member Posts: 31

I once got muted for 2 days just for saying "Haha, you're all banned!!".

This is complete rubbish. Prove it or it never happened.

Rule 5 is a totally different thing to what you're talking about. Personally I'm sick and tired of idiots who run around saying "I'm  Jagex mod, give me items now or i will band you"

They can get muted and get lost.

• BonemaneBonemane Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by acephaloid

I once got muted for 2 days just for saying "Haha, you're all banned!!".

This is complete rubbish. Prove it or it never happened.

Rule 5 is a totally different thing to what you're talking about. Personally I'm sick and tired of idiots who run around saying "I'm  Jagex mod, give me items now or i will band you"

They can get muted and get lost.

I was trying to refrain from mentioning it, but yeah you can tell that the guy who made this thread is a little kid. "Take away rule number 5 so I can say "I Will Ban You!1!!1!!"

Stuff like that is a waste of brain power and not funny at all.

for op:Actually copying Jagex is pretty lame and useless..they have a bad image...why copy them..? it will just get you banned and if you do it in real, you get beaten up!

• acephaloidacephaloid Member Posts: 31

The OP is/was really confused about the rule. Mocking and impersonation are not the same thing as was pointed out.

It's obvious to anyone what the rule is there for - to safeguard the hard of thinking who might be fooled into telling some other idiot their passwords.

Why you'd want to encourage people to pretend to be Jagex is beyond me.

Amen to that. I don't find it rewarding to copy a bunch of .....