Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Curious about this game

Hello all =]

as the title suggests, I've been searching for a new MMO and am quite curious about this one.

Is it worth starting now? How is the player base? Pros/Cons?

Anything at all, just want to know if i should play it =]

thanks

Wildstar:
Phantazm, Pago(PvP), Exiles

Guild: Socks with Sandals

Playing: Wildstar
Retired/Tried: DCUO. The Secret World, Darkfall UW, Darkfall, Mortal Online, DDO, Rift, Fallen Earth, Aion, APB, EQ, EQ2, PoTBS, WoW, WAR, SWG, CoX, Vangaurd, CO, GW, EVE, DAoC, LotRO, SW:ToR, GW2, Dragon Nest

Comments

• daeandordaeandor Member UncommonPosts: 2,695

You are a little late on playing the game, but the reality is that DAOC is still one of the best games out there for pvp (RvR it's called).  I would think that if you got into the game and found it interesting, you could still do fairly well as a newb.  Overall I feel that DAOC, while older, still measures up well against the newer mmorpgs out there.  It is a little more difficult than say, WoW, but not too bad if you get in a guild where people help you out a little.  There is a 14 day free trial that you can download and check out the game.  I recommend some of the easier classes as a newb, such as pure caster (runemaster, eldritch, wizard), self-buffing hybrid (Friar, vampiir, valkrie, thane, heretic).  Most classes are quite easy to level now days except a pure healing class (healer, druid, cleric) and a pure melee class (warrior, armsman, hero, mercenary, blademaster, berserker).  The above are generalizations of course, and with knowledge of any class, nearly all are easy to level.

• LedrirLedrir Member UncommonPosts: 69

sanitysend,

Daoc is a fun game, I recently returned to it and decided to give the Gaheris server a try which is a pve only server.  The community there is very friendly and helpful.  If you are new to Daoc and pvp is not a must have, I would recommend starting a character on the Gaheris server.  It has a great community and Ive found community is probably the most important attribute of an online game.

• sanitysendsanitysend Member Posts: 123

Thanks both of you =]

i just dl'd the free trial and am patching right now. Although I'm late, hopefully this game will tide me over for a while since i think i might kill myself if i touch WoW one more time.

Thanks again for your help!

Wildstar:
    Phantazm, Pago(PvP), Exiles

Guild: Socks with Sandals

Playing: Wildstar
    Retired/Tried: DCUO. The Secret World, Darkfall UW, Darkfall, Mortal Online, DDO, Rift, Fallen Earth, Aion, APB, EQ, EQ2, PoTBS, WoW, WAR, SWG, CoX, Vangaurd, CO, GW, EVE, DAoC, LotRO, SW:ToR, GW2, Dragon Nest

• Ratboy51Ratboy51 Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by daeandor

You are a little late on playing the game, but the reality is that DAOC is still one of the best games out there for pvp (RvR it's called).  I would think that if you got into the game and found it interesting, you could still do fairly well as a newb.  Overall I feel that DAOC, while older, still measures up well against the newer mmorpgs out there.  It is a little more difficult than say, WoW, but not too bad if you get in a guild where people help you out a little.  There is a 14 day free trial that you can download and check out the game.  I recommend some of the easier classes as a newb, such as pure caster (runemaster, eldritch, wizard), self-buffing hybrid (Friar, vampiir, valkrie, thane, heretic).  Most classes are quite easy to level now days except a pure healing class (healer, druid, cleric) and a pure melee class (warrior, armsman, hero, mercenary, blademaster, berserker).  The above are generalizations of course, and with knowledge of any class, nearly all are easy to level.

I agree. I haven't played for a while.. but it is definitely an awesome game!!

Definitely, try it out..

Epic awesome me

• CartographyCartography Member UncommonPosts: 331

I started playing DaOC off and on last year, and boy was I glad I discovered it. It's a great game, and the graphics actually aren't too bad for being an older game. If anything, it's made me pumped for WAR because it's being developed by Mythic... hopefully some of the charm in DaOC will carry over :) Definitely worth a shot.