Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Got the trial

ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Ok everyone, I got the trial, I don't have alot of free time to make this a serious game I will be hitting all the time but I wanted to try it out, if anyone has any tips or recommendations fill me in. I have ready the necron threads alot and the split between people that love it and hate it and it sounds like I would like the community.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Comments

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Well I THOUGHT I had the trial, I went and setup my 10 day account and went to download the software after giving all my info and the page is unavailible. Thats a pretty huge bad mark against NC to get customers. Is this a very temporary thing or has it been this way for awhile?

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

Found a working link in the forums to fileplanet. So I am back in business.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

• ezzaezza Member Posts: 88

if your looking for more information, head to forum.necron.com thats offical one.

the first peice of advise i give any player is keep your LE chip in, stops you being pk'd early on.

id reccomend you start on either uranus or saturn as they are the more populated servers

• hallammihallammi Member Posts: 3

welcome to neocron.

are you done with patching the client?

if your looking for a good server I enjoy playing in Uranus but the server with the highest population is Saturn (  it lags alot though)

the fastes class to cap and have the ability to PvP is the PE a.k.a Private Eye.

The community is helpfull in Uranus, you can ask for help if your lost.

for factions, choose City Admin its good for starters

and yes.. the first thing you should do is go to the GR ( Gene Replicator) the silver device in the circular building in Area MC5 and spend 1000 cr to GR to your app.

then you can go kill some rats in the sewers and level towards a new weapon... as a PE your  best weapon would be either pistol or Rifle and the best way to have the best weapon is to construct them which is a long story but simple thing to do.

enjoy your stay.

give me a pen and paper to sign on plz

I am at work atm, but I will be in tommorrow for sure, I will install it and let it patch tonite. So I start out rat killer extrordinaire eh? Hehe, ok. Anything else? Any good groups to get with?

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

Well with ALOT of labor I have made it into the game. I ended up using a combination of buying the retail box for $4.99 and using the trial log in since the key code on the retail box was no good. I will say however support did respond back rather quickly to me, address the problem directly and said they would have an answer for me by monday which was rather impressive to me for an MMORPG.

I am in, I have figured out alittle of whats going on, so far I have mostly run around Neocron checking out the city, I did however find a few sewer hatches and met my first plan (which promptly killed me). I like the graphics alot, they are nothing monumental but they are solid and consistent and they are appealing and definatly set the mood of the game. The only issue I had was the women in Pepper Park? They are a bit "manly", I thought maybe I was hitting on a crossdresser for alittle action at one point *grin*.

Should I be paying the 1k at the gene replicator to get to my apartment at start? I did that and that left me pretty dam broke but didnt know any other means of getting there or where I was when I started in the game. The other big issue I had was trying to tell who was a player and who was an NPC.

Can anyone suggest any place to find groups of people to get with? Join some kind of player organization or something like that? I can restart on any server, I haven't really accomplished anything yet, ATM I have a toon on Uranus and another on Saturn I think.

- Fadeus Hawkwood

- Scaris

• ezzaezza Member Posts: 88

you dont have to pay the cash, you can run back to where you died and pick up your backpack.

dont know what your level is , but you could try leveling in the aggreser celler in plaza 2 normally people leveling in there.

if you cant find it, ask about im sure someone will point you in right direction

• JestJest Member Posts: 6

Fadeus I just started on both Saturn and Uranus and would be glad to show you around and level with you on either.  Send me an in game email to either of the following.

Uranus: Alan 'Jest' Silk
    Saturn: Jest

If I dont get a chance to hook up with you any time soon, your best bet for now is to kill rats.  (Its really not that bad image).  In fact, what ever your faction is, do missions.  For example, if you are BioTech.  Go to a City Com -> Missions -> BioTech (Very Easy) -> And take missions for killing stuff like small sewer rats or roaches.  Then find the sewers in Plaza 2 and do them there.  That should get you started till you are high enough to do the Aggressor Cellars. 

Neocron - Pluto - Black Dragon

Neocron - Pluto - Black Dragon

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464

I just started out too, purchased the retail box, and had helluva time getting it all patched, and re-patched etc,  and signed up for 3 months.

Pluto seems pretty desolate in terms of population, is there a peak time to play for US PST?

anyways, right now just doing courier work and dropping into the sewers to kill the occasional roach and spider. Overall not too bad, looking forward to leveling up some more and heading further out into the world.

Pluto-Vactoxic

Current Games:

• ZoneseeKZoneseeK Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by enzyme
    Pluto seems pretty desolate in terms of population, is there a peak time to play for US PST?

all the servers are completely dessolate except maybe saturn but still it has maybe 300 people on prime time and 90 at night wow

thats not a real mmorpg client count imo, maybe its a multiplayer online game but there aint nothing that makes it a MASSIVELY multiplayer one

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally posted by StanLee2

I have to weigh in also. Neocrap 1 and 2 are both terrible.

As an MMORPG game designer (wont say for whom) this should never have been taken out of alpha.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• hallammihallammi Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by ZoneseeK

Originally posted by enzyme

all the servers are completely dessolate except maybe saturn but still it has maybe 300 people on prime time and 90 at night wow

thats not a real mmorpg client count imo, maybe its a multiplayer online game but there aint nothing that makes it a MASSIVELY multiplayer one

MMORPG means that the game is capable of holding Massive ammounts of players ( and dont start discussing that NC servers suck and cant hold 10 guys image )

give me a pen and paper to sign on plz