Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

poor tiggs

13»

Comments

• ArcAngel3ArcAngel3 Member Posts: 2,931
    Originally posted by stinney

Originally posted by JustBe

Noone even liked Tiggs and everyone on the forums flamed her all the time back in the day for SWG. Suddenly she got fired or left and everyone loved her as a excuse to hate on SOE..........
    Reminds me of how noone played CH and yet once they got rid of it with the NGE because it was the most unplayed profession, all of a sudden everyone played CH and started flaming the forums about it.

I think there are an aweful lot of CH out there that would disagree with you.

Maybe if SOE had spent some money on developing the CH profession instead of wasting all their time on the NGE, there would be more people inclined to pick the proff up.

A history lesson on why SOE and LEC got flamed for deleting creature handler: 

They just had a revamp for the profession and promised it all kinds of cool new features in an upcoming expansion.  The day after the expansion went live, with the new features for creature handler, they announced they were deleting the whole profession.  Nevermind the revamp, and never mind the expansion that people just paid for in some cases specifically for the creature handler content.

People stuck with creature handler because of the promised revamp, because of the upcoming new features, and because they had tamed and raised a number of virtual pets that many people really enjoyed.

To add insult to injury, those with pets could view all of them in their datapads, but couldn't interact with them in any way for over two years.

So yeah, when you market revamps and expansion features, and then delete all the above, people get pissed.  They also don't enjoy losing years worth of progress, or losing the ability to interact with their virtual pets. 

Also, they certainly didn't get rid of it because it was the most unplayed profession.  They got rid of it and most of the other professions to match WoW's magic profession number of 9.  Fans of the new point and click combat system also worried that large pets would obscure line of sight, which was a strange thing to focus attention on, considering they were trying for an fps with no working collision detection.

• tvalentinetvalentine Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 4,216
    Originally posted by Gutboy

Originally posted by tvalentine

i remember the legend of Raph Koster more then tiggz. He was the one behind the Pre-cu, and he also left in the NGE(or late CU)
    EDIT: also sorry for saying you were bitching, ive just read through too much BS today, and i just watched about a dozen of Zero Punctuation reviews, so my patience is short.

From Raph's own website:

1. Raph said on July 24th, 2006 at 1:59 pm:

In short, I thought NGE was a very bad idea, but it was done anyway. I am not sure what else I can say, really. It certainly was a major contributing factor — even a decisive factor — in my decision to move on.

The simple fact is that I was barely involved with SWG from around October of 2003. There were some periods where I was pulled back in a little more, but by and large, I was apart from it. Almost none of my “creative consultancy” involved Live games — it was all about new games, many of which did not survive pitch stage.

so he did just about as much as what tiggs did? my opinion isnt changed.

Playing: EVE Online
    Favorite MMOs: WoW, SWG Pre-cu, Lineage 2, UO, EQ, EVE online
    Looking forward to: Archeage, Kingdom Under Fire 2
    KUF2's Official Website - http://www.kufii.com/ENG/ -