Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Biowares, MMO

2»

Comments

• SeraxesSeraxes Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by Dameonk

Bookmark this thread & return to my post when the game is released.
    Mark my words.  The game will be very linear and heavily instanced (if not entirely instanced).  Bioware is wanting to bring their great storytelling (which is fantastic for a single player RPG) prowess into the MMO genre.  It won't work  and millions of angry Star Wars fan's screams will be heard as they cancel their accounts.
    Watch.

Umm, how about NO?

BioWare has already stated, the game wont be linear, they have even developed a whole new quest engine and game mechanics to ensure that.

There will be features never seen before in any MMO.

BioWare never made a "very linear" game, you always had choices and their games were quality products.

Mark my word, this game will be a hit and may even compete with WoW, will mostly depend on the system requirements.

• DameonkDameonk Member UncommonPosts: 1,914

I guess we will get to see who is right in a few years.  :)

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

• AmieheAmiehe Member Posts: 24

HAHA...nice Dark Knight reference...that was a great movie

• AmieheAmiehe Member Posts: 24
    Originally posted by todeswulf

Originally posted by justkillswg

jestor doesn't slam anyone other then fanbois and fanbots who should be slammed
    and i will be on kotor online and if any fanboi trys to ruin that game they will have to deal with the swg vets who will not see our new game ruined like they did to pre-cu.

I can tell you for a fact that disgruntled Star Wars galaxy vets will find themselfs on a wrong side of a perma ban if they dare bring thier bitter tears to the new SW MMO.  This will not be your Sandbox pre CU wet dream. Think more Force Unleased and Mass Effect.

Lucasarts or Bioware dosen't really care for you to begin with, spout off just once when their forums go live and see if I'm not right.

Force Unleashed and Mass Effect combined...........that would be AWESOME

• PreCUPreCU Member Posts: 382

Originally posted by Seraxes

BioWare has already stated, the game wont be linear,

link?

they basically stated in the 1up article that it wont be a simulation, and will be instanced.

• HrothmundHrothmund Member Posts: 1,061

Knowing Bioware, and the direction they moved with Mass Effect, I am willing to bet the game will not be a sandbox title, will not  try to appease the pre-CU tropp in any way and will most probably still be a great game and enjoyable to play. I wonder what reception of a game like that would be with the 'SWG vet' community.

• MikeMBMikeMB Member Posts: 272
    Originally posted by Dameonk

Bookmark this thread & return to my post when the game is released.
    Mark my words.  The game will be very linear and heavily instanced (if not entirely instanced).  Bioware is wanting to bring their great storytelling (which is fantastic for a single player RPG) prowess into the MMO genre.  It won't work  and millions of angry Star Wars fan's screams will be heard as they cancel their accounts.
    Watch.

If by linear you really mean "Level Based" then chances are you are right on that. Level Based games are somewhat more easy for people to get into then "Skill Based" games are. Once again look at the world of Pen and Paper RPG's, what game so far to date has been the longest running PnP RPG around? Dungeons and Dragons, the game that came up with the whole Level Based System.

Don't think Level Based MMO's can work? Heh what have been the two biggest MMO's to date? Everquest and World of Warcraft, EQ had somewhere near half a million players and WoW is up to like how many million now? Both those titles are level based, and both of those titles did do very fine for themselfs.

Also look at BioWares games, are any of them UO/Pre-CU SWG like systems? Baldur's Gate 1 and 2 used the Level Based System. KOTOR used the same D20 Level Based System. Jade Empire used it as well, and Mass Effect uses a very easy Level Based System to get into. So really chances are your going to see something along the lines of Mass Effect or even something somewhat CU like with the game.

As for the game being Instanced chances are the only areas of the game that will be Instanced are Dungeons and what not. See you do want that open world that Players can run around in like SWG, however for areas where Players are going to be killing Bosses or what not an Instance works better. It cuts down on the Grief Play by a big amount, it does cut down on the lag somewhat.

Really the only people who will be screaming about this new game if it turns out the way I believe it will turn out are some of the really bitter SWG Vets who think the only way for any MMO to be "good" is to be Pre-CU SWG with the open PvP World that UO had.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642
    Originally posted by kobie173

Originally posted by hubertgrove

Originally posted by JestorRodo

Yes , that is when the post man will ring twice but the dingalings still playing the NGE will still refuse to heed its warning.

Do you find it necessary to slam the people who still play SWG with every post?

You know, Jestor, a lot of these people whom you dismiss as "dingalings" are going to be right by your side playing that Bioware MMO. Will you be so dismissive and spiteful against your fellow gamer then?

Many of us, not just Vets but even amongst those few still playing the NGE, think Jestor has proved to be a dought and amusing lobbyist against the way SOE treats its customers.

Be that as it may ... slamming those who continue to play as "dingalings" serves no useful purpose in the end.

You know , you are right Kobie . The current NGE player base should be applauded for surviving the devastating changes that have occur to the game. But Cockroaches and Cher will earn that same level of survival and respect after the Apocalypse.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

You know , you are right Kobie . The current NGE player base should be applauded for surviving the devastating changes that have occur to the game. But Cockroaches and Cher will earn that same level of survival and respect after the Apocalypse.

I'm surprised you didn't add Smed to that list  ; )

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

Yes , that is when the post man will ring twice but the dingalings still playing the NGE will still refuse to heed its warning.

You know, Jestor, a lot of these people whom you dismiss as "dingalings" are going to be right by your side playing that Bioware MMO. Will you be so dismissive and spiteful against your fellow gamer then?

Many of us, not just Vets but even amongst those few still playing the NGE, think Jestor has proved to be a dought and amusing lobbyist against the way SOE treats its customers.

Be that as it may ... slamming those who continue to play as "dingalings" serves no useful purpose in the end.

You know everyone who is Anti-SOE Anti-SWG Post CU, NGE need to get a clue. You are like at most a hundred people who bring nothing to the table. If pre-cu was so good they wouldnt of changed it to CU. and if CU was so good. They wouldnt of changed it to NGE. And SOE so found out how many people hate NGE after the refund they offered for that expansion that came out near NGE launch. So if they had alot of refunds go out they would of took notice because that would hit them in the pocket books. Alot of people are still paying SOE and you few arn't going to change that. When EQ got its progression server it made sense. Start out regular EQ and keyword PROGRESS to the state its in today so end the end it wil just be a new server. So SCE isn't dumb.

• JestorRodoJestorRodo Member UncommonPosts: 2,642
    Originally posted by Goldknyght

You know everyone who is Anti-SOE Anti-SWG Post CU, NGE need to get a clue. You are like at most a hundred people who bring nothing to the table. If pre-cu was so good they wouldnt of changed it to CU. and if CU was so good. They wouldnt of changed it to NGE. And SOE so found out how many people hate NGE after the refund they offered for that expansion that came out near NGE launch. So if they had alot of refunds go out they would of took notice because that would hit them in the pocket books. Alot of people are still paying SOE and you few arn't going to change that. When EQ got its progression server it made sense. Start out regular EQ and keyword PROGRESS to the state its in today so end the end it wil just be a new server. So SCE isn't dumb.

If you are trying to tell us that the NGE is an evolution of progress then you most live is a very scary and unusual world.

Unaware of the Jestor?
    http://about.me/JestorRodo/

Friends enjoy his classic Vblog - https://www.facebook.com/GoodOldReliableNathan

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383
    Originally posted by Goldknyght

You know everyone who is Anti-SOE Anti-SWG Post CU, NGE need to get a clue.

I think everyone here did "get a clue" Goldknyght, and that's why they speak out.

Can you not see how the NGE has created a dangerous precedent in MMO's?

This discussion has been closed.