Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking To Reactivate My Account: A Few Questions.

Well, I gave up AoC. That was quick. I'm looking to get into another MMO as soon as possible. I figure that Turbine has had plenty of time to get their act together so I'm thinking of giving it another shot.

I began playing Lotro during the beta and continued through until a few weeks after launch. It's been a long time. I was just wondering what the state of the game was at the moment. I have a few questions and apreciate any information that anyone can give me.

1. The main reason I left the game in the first place was because I felt that combat was unresponsive. Combat skills felt sluggish, delayed and sticky. I'm not sure if this issue has been addressed. Has this been fixed?

2. What is the endgame like?

3. Are there any reactivation bonuses for founder accounts? (I.e., free game time?)

Thanks in advance, any other information you think might be helpful would be greatly apreciated.

Comments

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102

1. The combat is designed to be slower not so much button mashing so if that is what you didnt like then its still the same.. think the problem is you have to get used to it before you enjoy it (or you dont :p)

2. The last content update book 14 really improved the end-game.. you will have plenty to do when you reach the lvl cap.. and then we get the expansion this fall!

3. Dont think so.. but if you are a founder I think you still can use the founder subscription options!

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• slythsslyths Member UncommonPosts: 208

Surely the combat system ain't like AoC but it ain't different from any other MMORPG(WoW, EQII, L2).

• gboostergbooster Member UncommonPosts: 712
    Originally posted by ProjectVI

Well, I gave up AoC. That was quick. I'm looking to get into another MMO as soon as possible. I figure that Turbine has had plenty of time to get their act together so I'm thinking of giving it another shot.
    I began playing Lotro during the beta and continued through until a few weeks after launch. It's been a long time. I was just wondering what the state of the game was at the moment. I have a few questions and apreciate any information that anyone can give me.
    1. The main reason I left the game in the first place was because I felt that combat was unresponsive. Combat skills felt sluggish, delayed and sticky. I'm not sure if this issue has been addressed. Has this been fixed?
    3. Are there any reactivation bonuses for founder accounts? (I.e., free game time?)
    Thanks in advance, any other information you think might be helpful would be greatly apreciated.

It is the same combat system it always was.  There are alot of cooldowns and a global cooldown with a few of the abilities being instant.  Lotro combat is a bit different than the other games in the same sub genre (wow, eq2, vanguard).  Lotro requires you to plan your moves in advance and que them up.  Make sure you have the action que enabled.  It helps quite a bit.  It definately is not a button mashing instant cast game now and never will be.  So if that is a game breaker for ya, you probably won't like it.

Endgame is starting to get really good, and is going to be really awesome when the expansion comes out.

You can get a 9.99 per month deal or a lifetime sub for 199 bucks (not sure if that is still going on though)

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by slyths

Surely the combat system ain't like AoC but it ain't different from any other MMORPG(WoW, EQII, L2).

LoTRO feels like WoW and EQ2 to me....Yeah you have combos you can use but it isnt rocket science....Most people solo most of the time anyway so it is pretty much mash a few buttons the mob dies rinse and repeat.....The game is Ok for a couple months then you get bored and move on.

• WebferretWebferret Member UncommonPosts: 90
    Originally posted by ProjectVI

Been playing LOTRO now for a few months, returned after taking a break from it at launch. I feel the game has improved ten fold, and it now alot of fun to play. So to answer your questions,

1. While low level you wil be doing alot of soloing, there is heaps of fellowship ( grp questing) but once you do get to around 47 plus end game comes into play and its a blast. I find it rather fast and furious at times and I throughly enjoy it. Personally if you come back, find a good Kin that does things all the time and you will be having a blast. Find a kin that does bugga all and you may find  you are soloing constantly when can not get a PUG fellowship. So all in all, Find a good Kin/fellowships and you wil be going crazy in combat :) which I find is a real blast.

2. End game since Bk14 is down right fun fun fun! So much to do now you are never without something to do.

3. Nope, if you had a founders sub, I do hope you didnt actually goto your account opage and CANCEL! your account, Cause if you did more than likely you will be paying the founders sub ($199.00) again) but if you just left it when you took a break yes you come back and log in and start playing.

Also of note, play on a server that is very populasr and you are then never without a fellowship options as there is always fellowships going for just about anything, A few servers are busy in peak times, but off poeak they are rather sparse, Elendilmir is rather popular, lots of USA/Europe and Aussies online so peeps on every minute of teh day :)

Cheers

Tan