Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mines of Moria features

I took all these from the new MoM website it's all the need to know saves you from looking on the site. Enjoy 

Overview

.Master your destiny by wielding legendary items of your own design.

.Play the new Rune-keeper and Warden classes.

.Advance to level 60 and gain access to new skills and powers.

.Trait sets allow further customization of your character.

.Explore new depths of adventure as you explore 10 expansive regions of the fallen Dwarf kingdom of Moria.

.New graphics technology brings this underground world to life like never before, with stunning vistas and towering columns of stone crafted by the Dwarves of Khazad-dûm.

.Continue the epic story you began in Shadows of Angmar™ as you aid the Fellowship in their darkest hours.

.Witness the release of the Balrog known as Durin's Bane in session play!

.Battle more than 200 new monsters, explore an array of small- and full-group instances, or delve deeper into the darkness and battle the Watcher in an epic raid!

.Take crafting to the next level with crafting guilds and create true masterworks.

.Serve Sauron with LOTRO's revolutionary monster play feature, now with Artifact Control and a live online leader board to showcase your achievements.

Classes Overview:

Rune-keeper 

Mystical linguists and masters of true names, Rune-keepers can heal in one battle and hurl destructive magic in the next using an innovative attunement system. Unleash the Fury of the Storm and call down lightning upon the enemy! Reveal the Favoured of the Valar and heal your fellowship. The choice is yours...

Warden

Armed with spears as their weapon of choice, Wardens use a gambit system to fire off powerful combo attacks at the front lines. Unlike other classes, which have to wait for opportunities, the warden creates his own openings and then capitalizes on them. Wearing medium armor, Wardens specialize in ambushing and focusing on single enemies.

Legendary Weppons overview:

Forge Legendary Items of great power, each with their own legacy that you create! With millions of possible combinations, you can ensure that your legendary item has abilities and an appearance that is truly unique. Your only limit is how much you dare to delve within the darkness of Moria!

Advance your legendary item as you explore Moria and uncover the lost lore of the Dwarves.

Escape the grind of endless raiding by forging items that grow in power with your hero!

Assign unique names to your weapons so their power is known throughout Middle-earth, like Bilbo's Sting and Gandalf's Glamdring.

Game Features:

Explore the dark heart of the Misty Mountains and experience the untold evils of the Nameless Deep! Walk through the ancient halls of Durin's Way and stand atop the mountain of Zirakzigil as you explore 10 expansive regions of Moria. New graphics technology brings this underground realm to life like never before, with stunning vistas and towering columns of stone crafted by the Dwarves of Khazad-dûm.

Continue the epic story you began in Shadows of Angmar™ as you aid the Fellowship in their darkest hours. A new world-changing event hurls you into a battle with the Watcher as you attempt to enter Moria. New session plays allow you to participate in the release of Durin's Bane and stand against the goblin hordes as you defend Moria from the awakened evils.

Forge legendary items as renowned as Sting and Orcrist and prepare yourself for heroic battles. Advance your game with two new classes by wielding magic as a Rune-keeper or standing your ground at the front lines as a Warden. Take crafting to new levels by joining a crafting guild and constructing masterwork items.

Advance your hero to level 60 in hundreds of new quests. Battle more than 200 new monsters as you adventure through the ancient halls of the Dwarf-kingdom, embark on one of nearly a dozen small- and full-group instances, or delve deeper into the darkness and battle the Watcher in an epic raid.

MMO's iv played etc:

Currently playing:
.Lotro

Retired From best to worst:
.CoX, SWG, AoC, WoW, Eve online, R.O.S.E online, Kal Online, Runescape, Other F2P mmo's

Waiting for:
.SGW
.Champions Online
.DCUO
.Star Wars TOR

Comments

• GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

And you still cant be evil eh. Thank you turbine =P

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102
    Originally posted by Goldknyght

".Serve Sauron with LOTRO's revolutionary monster play feature, now with Artifact Control and a live online leader board to showcase your achievements."

Looks very promising! :)

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Interesting....Rune-keepers sound very much like the mage class people have been asking for to break the melee oriented mold. The Warden seems like more the same. Though I don't like the fact that they are adding 10 more levels. The game doesn't need the leveling treadmill of EQ1 and WoW to stand on it's own.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• DraenorDraenor Member UncommonPosts: 7,918

The legendary item thing sounds very cool...really really ridiculously cool even.

Your argument is like a two legged dog with an eating disorder...weak and unbalanced.

• MaGicBushMaGicBush Member UncommonPosts: 689

This:

".Serve Sauron with LOTRO's revolutionary monster play feature, now with Artifact Control and a live online leader board to showcase your achievements."

And the legendary items will be a great addition to the game from the sounds of it, I am new to LoTRO(only a level 14 hunter). But will look forward and probably buy the expansion(the more I play, the more addicted I get lol).

--------------------

-Currently playing FFXIV, and BDO.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• docminusdocminus Member Posts: 717

Is it known yet which level one has to be to enter MoM ? I never got past level 40, now the level cap will be 60, big risk for me to never see the mines?

imageimage

• Wizziokid091Wizziokid091 Member Posts: 20
    Originally posted by docminus

Is it known yet which level one has to be to enter MoM ? I never got past level 40, now the level cap will be 60, big risk for me to never see the mines?

They haven't said yet i don't think but i guess it will be from 50 + 

MMO's iv played etc:

Currently playing:
    .Lotro

Retired From best to worst:
    .CoX, SWG, AoC, WoW, Eve online, R.O.S.E online, Kal Online, Runescape, Other F2P mmo's

Waiting for:
    .SGW
    .Champions Online
    .DCUO
    .Star Wars TOR

I agree that its a shame that they are raising the level cap! I think LotrO would do fine with staying at lvl 50 and the njust add new forms of advancement such as the improved trait-system and legendary items!

But I guess the market demands level raises...

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

Originally posted by Wizziokid091

They haven't said yet i don't think but i guess it will be from 50 + 

gah, typical. not sure if I have the nerv for that.

imageimage

hehe, my xfire is misleading, I am not playing WoW anymore, I am into AoC, but have been offline for over 2 weeks.

I don't feel shafted, I am just sad I won't get to see Moria, that is all, and I am not prepared to put in another 200, 300 or more hours for that, call me lazy.

Regarding Turbines "experience": that doesn't change anything imho. I have played amongst others, EQ2 and seen what a companyies "years of indepth experience", expansions, etc. etc. can do.

LOTRO will not be different, if you played LOTRO beta, you know that the beta was a farce; okay, the game is now polished, but the time it took to get there..... So in the end, even LOTRO MoM will have more of same, and the way the industry is at the moment, every MMO will be like that. Add more of same, keep players buys that way. That's why people are looking forward to games like Darkfall, because it is supposed to be different in that aspect, but that is to be awaited to see if that can be true.

imageimage

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757

hehe, my xfire is misleading, I am not playing WoW anymore, I am into AoC, but have been offline for over 2 weeks.
    I don't feel shafted, I am just sad I won't get to see Moria, that is all, and I am not prepared to put in another 200, 300 or more hours for that, call me lazy.
    Regarding Turbines "experience": that doesn't change anything imho. I have played amongst others, EQ2 and seen what a companyies "years of indepth experience", expansions, etc. etc. can do.
    LOTRO will not be different, if you played LOTRO beta, you know that the beta was a farce; okay, the game is now polished, but the time it took to get there..... So in the end, even LOTRO MoM will have more of same, and the way the industry is at the moment, every MMO will be like that. Add more of same, keep players buys that way. That's why people are looking forward to games like Darkfall, because it is supposed to be different in that aspect, but that is to be awaited to see if that can be true.

Well, I *did* play LOTRO beta (unlike you, seemingly), and it was already in better shape than most recent overhyped "big guy" MMO's  2-3 months after release :)

Getting from 40 to 50 is not that hard anymore, since Forochel was launched. But from your post, it looks like you're the type of player who doesn't bother reading what quest are about, you only like to grind to top level asap to see "what's there".. correct? If I am, than this game is not for you indeed.... too bad as the stories in this game are really great!

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923
    Originally posted by DonnieBrasco

Well, I *did* play LOTRO beta (unlike you, seemingly), and it was already in better shape than most recent overhyped "big guy" MMO's  2-3 months after release :)

Getting from 40 to 50 is not that hard anymore, since Forochel was launched. But from your post, it looks like you're the type of player who doesn't bother reading what quest are about, you only like to grind to top level asap to see "what's there".. correct? If I am, than this game is not for you indeed.... too bad as the stories in this game are really great!

DB

I agree here i played closed and open beta for LoTRO and both of these played better than some games released and by far the best Beta of every title that i have tested and believe me there is a few, never had an issue with either of the beta's and as far as i have read many a time before (and have experienced)is that LoTRO had probably the best Beta and launch of any game to date.

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG

DB

err, I did, since closed beta start. but on european side, I have to add. Just as one example: crafting was horrible in the beginning and was patched and balanced ever since, and if I read the forums even now,  people still aren't happy with it. But hej, I am not here to troll, you like it, you have like it in the past, good for you! 

And no, I am not a grinder, otherwise I wouldn't complain about the levels. See, that is just the point, you can get content and story and stuff without levels, not to mention raising level caps. And what is wrong with wanting to see what is there? I didn't say I want it for free.

Yes, the story of the game as such is great - now. it's just boring to play for me, aside from the destiny quests. So you don't have to worry about me ruining your game experience. But that won't stop me from giving my opinion which we don't have to agree upon.

imageimage

• DonnieBrascoDonnieBrasco Member Posts: 1,757

DB

err, I did, since closed beta start. but on european side, I have to add. Just as one example: crafting was horrible in the beginning and was patched and balanced ever since, and if I read the forums even now,  people still aren't happy with it. But hej, I am not here to troll, you like it, you have like it in the past, good for you! 

And no, I am not a grinder, otherwise I wouldn't complain about the levels. See, that is just the point, you can get content and story and stuff without levels, not to mention raising level caps. And what is wrong with wanting to see what is there? I didn't say I want it for free.

Yes, the story of the game as such is great - now. it's just boring to play for me, aside from the destiny quests. So you don't have to worry about me ruining your game experience. But that won't stop me from giving my opinion which we don't have to agree upon.

Hey, I don't mind a good argument, and I don't expect everyone to agree with me either :) you're not trolling, I can see that clearly. So, fair enough:)

I also participated in the closed beta in EU, so I'm even more surprised... I know crafting has been built from very basic ground up, but I would not go as far as to say it was bad. The only issue I had (even at launch) that I could not track artifact nodes as a scholar. It was fixed later, and recently we have received a lot of new goodies with B14, so I'm happy with crafting currently! The single-recipe crit modifier scrolls are lovely!

As for the other topic - I mentioned above that Forochel and actually the revamped Angmar, topped with Misty mountains east featuring goblin-town now really take care of leveling between 40 and 50. If you play 8-10 hours a week on average, you will definitely hit 50 well before MOM comes out. It's even worth it - Angmar has great storylines and actually really good rewards now (the Fém set is excellent!).... so - again, if you happen to try, it might be worthwile. If not - your loss :) no probs with that either.

DB

Denial makes one look a lot dumber than he/she actually is.

well, thanks for the tip about the new areas. I might try it after all (since I do have a lifetime sub).

imageimage

• Daffid011Daffid011 Member UncommonPosts: 7,945
    Originally posted by solareus

Blizzard just piles more the same on, and it gives xpacs for any mmo a bad wrap because that is the stereotype Blizzard has created for the people it introduced to the mmorpg genre.

-10 more levels for character to progress

-New equipment with some new stats or new stat system

-New classes to play

-New dungeons

-New/More/Continued story lines

-New monsters to fight

-A few PvP enhancements

-A few new elements to gameplay that didn't exist before

Which expansion pack did I just describe?

IMHO just about all of them, so if the shoe fits...

I must say the Moria expansion sounds great.  Looking forward to seeing more about the legendary weapons.

• jarishjarish Member Posts: 526

Here is a good article about the Leg. Weapon system.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-lord-of-the-rings-online-mines-of-moria/887238p1.html

Brandywine Global LFF chan "/joinchannel glff"

• kastakasta Member Posts: 512
    Originally posted by jarish

Here is a good article about the Leg. Weapon system.

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/the-lord-of-the-rings-online-mines-of-moria/887238p1.html

Thanks, that was an interesting read.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by Papadam

I agree that its a shame that they are raising the level cap! I think LotrO would do fine with staying at lvl 50 and the njust add new forms of advancement such as the improved trait-system and legendary items!
    But I guess the market demands level raises...

Oh god I don't. I'm looking forward to the lvl increase.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

That monster play crap is capitol G A R B A G E!!! but nice try in trying to point out somthing i already know and obviously made my statement because that feature is <insert first sentence>

• jarishjarish Member Posts: 526

That monster play crap is capitol G A R B A G E!!! but nice try in trying to point out somthing i already know and obviously made my statement because that feature is <insert first sentence>

Oh so if you don't like it than it is garbage? Or your opinion is that it is garbage?

Some people like it...some dont.

Brandywine Global LFF chan "/joinchannel glff"

Well that is your OPINION! hmmm lets see.. do I have one too??

Oh wait I found it:....

It says : "Monster play is alot of fun and a great way of making the evil side playable without messing to much with the lore"

So you CAN play evil and I just pointed that out since you said that you cant!

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd