Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lord of the Rings Online: Warner Bros. to Distribute Moria

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Turbine has announced an agreement with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to distribute both the Collector's and Complete Editions of The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria.

WESTWOOD, MA - July 31, 2008 - Turbine, Inc. announced today its partnership with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment to distribute The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria at retail in North America. As part of the announcement, Turbine unveiled its fall product lineup which includes two titles that will be available at retail, The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria Complete Edition and The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria Collector's Edition, as well as a digital only title for existing subscribers, The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria Digital Expansion.

The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria - Fall 2008 Product Lineup:

The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria Complete Edition will include the original The Lord of the Rings OnlineTM: Shadows of AngmarTM game (Volume I), all content updates released since launch, and The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria (Volume II). The Complete Edition will be available at retail stores nationwide and offers new players who wish to journey through the most complete and authentic recreation of Middle-earth the full, award-winning experience.

The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria Collector's Edition will feature the content of the Complete Edition as well as compelling digital and physical items for collectors. Limited quantities of the Collector's Edition will be available at retail outlets in a unique leather-bound book packaging and will include:

• 3 exclusive tokens that can be exchanged for the player's choice of 8 different in-game items
  • 22" x 22" premium quality cloth map of the Mines of Moria
  • Special gold-plated ring complete with chain and pouch
  • Mines of Moria poster
  • The Lord of the Rings Online Art and Music Collection with the official Mines of Moria Soundtrack
  • A full color Collector's Edition Starter Guide

Read more here.

Comments

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259

Anyone wanna venture a guess for the price of the collectors edition?

• jarishjarish Member Posts: 526

50 maybe...i think the reg was going to be 29.99

Im excited about the CE.

Brandywine Global LFF chan "/joinchannel glff"

• mappammappam Member UncommonPosts: 31

As a Life-Time member - I am not too excited about this - I don't need to buy the game again - but a way to get the "Perks" would be a nice Member reward!

I live in my own little world - I like it there - everyone knows me.

• OdyssesOdysses Member Posts: 581

Very nice move by Turbine getting Warner Bros to get the game on store shelves.   This was the company that pretty much decided who won the Blu-ray vs HD-DvD battle.

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654

In addition to the Legendary Item system, The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of MoriaThe Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria extends the challenge to new heights with two new classes, ten additional levels and hundreds of new quests. features groundbreaking dual height map technology that creates a seamless, vast, and epic environment that brings Moria to life like never before.

This is from the press release on the LotRO website. It's just... wow... don't they have editors over there?

• VirgoThreeVirgoThree Member UncommonPosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by streea

In addition to the Legendary Item system, The Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of MoriaThe Lord of the Rings Online: Mines of Moria extends the challenge to new heights with two new classes, ten additional levels and hundreds of new quests. features groundbreaking dual height map technology that creates a seamless, vast, and epic environment that brings Moria to life like never before.
    This is from the press release on the LotRO website. It's just... wow... don't they have editors over there?

well go do something about it and inform them of their error.

• jarishjarish Member Posts: 526
    Originally posted by mappam

As a Life-Time member - I am not too excited about this - I don't need to buy the game again - but a way to get the "Perks" would be a nice Member reward!

You can do the digital d/l for cheaper too.

Brandywine Global LFF chan "/joinchannel glff"

• FlummoxedFlummoxed Member Posts: 591

bah i wanted a 10' x 10' wall map made from trollskin vellum, hand inscribed in high elvish using balrog blood ink.  dammit.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

So I take this is the first paid expansion for Lord of the Rings online?   Silly me, I thought it was another free expansion.