Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

110 hours to update?

sanders01sanders01 Member Posts: 1,357

Godddd I mean, damn thats a long time. Is it really that long?

Currently restarting World of Warcraft :/

Comments

• NocumaNocuma Member Posts: 97

Depends on your connection... firewall... also the update time has been know to be wrong.

If you are still ahving problems post here.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/forums/show.m?forum_id=2591

_________________________________________________________________________________________

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

*sighs* My game took four hours. It doesn't take much brains to realize that you need to restart the download if it says 110 hours.

• Jeff44Jeff44 Member Posts: 459

Yeah, the patcher can indicate some really long times and give you a shock, but in most cases you can simply restart and the DL will progress normally. My recent DL for my second PC took about three hours.

user
  • GoldknyghtGoldknyght Member UncommonPosts: 1,519

From my experiance it says one thing but times are differant. so as long as the files are downloading the ETA doesnt matter its just bugged it will complete when it completes that is if you are on a dsl/cable/T-1,t-3 connection

• JustBeJustBe Member Posts: 495

Their download service is VERY VERY slow.

What should take my connection like 40 mins to download a 8gb game it took a day or so lol.

+ patcher time is another bug SOE havn't fixed since all these games were launched.

----------------------------------------
    Talking about SWG much?

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Took me 8 minutes to get GU47 .Didnt hear anyone in guild chat complaining about download times.

And yes there Time Estimate is always wrong ..

Its your connection not SOE.

• FariicFariic Member Posts: 1,546
    Originally posted by JustBe

What should take my connection like 40 mins to download a 8gb game it took a day or so lol.

+ patcher time is another bug SOE havn't fixed since all these games were launched.

They've been working on a new launcher wich should replace the existing ones.  You can download the beta of it. 

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

sad thing is when 110 hours is a good estimate.  took me a whole week to download the updates for this game (managed to get a copy from release and my internet was having a massive fit).

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• JustBeJustBe Member Posts: 495
    Originally posted by Fariic

They've been working on a new launcher wich should replace the existing ones.  You can download the beta of it. 

Yeh and that one has more annoying issues.

----------------------------------------
    Talking about SWG much?

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

Originally posted by Fariic

Yeh and that one has more annoying issues.

Oh for gods sakes... its a BETA. Do you not understand what a BETA is? That means it isn't finished yet. Try to follow along. Beta... is.... to... work... out.... bugs.... SOE is WORKING ON a new launcher.

I'm getting so tired of hearing the unending complaining by some people that are just working to find problems. If you don't like the game, then don't play but PLEASE stop the moaning.