Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AoC will fail..even after they fix the bugs

2»

Comments

• dumbo11dumbo11 Member Posts: 134
    Originally posted by Jasz

AoC is already a easy game to pick up and play there is no need to make it easier. If these people had their way  there would be no traveling and grinding at all.
    Its a MMORPG people. An easy one at that. Do you really need cheaper horses? Do you really need more paths to other areas when traveling is already easy?
    Funcom..listen to me...people who want WoW and simple MMO's will play WoW. I came to Conan because i wanted something different. Stop trying to cater to the complainers and listen to the people who love your game the way it is. The way you meant it to be when you started. If you stay on this road your game will fail.
    Nobody wants an adult version of WoW...thats just a disturbing thought

Errr... so travel in AoC was in some way 'challenging' or 'hard'???  What are you talking about exactly?

And grinding is supposed to be 'challenging' or 'hard'???  It's mindless key-bashing, and terrible gameplay for 2008.. with a quest you could at least 'fail' (in theory) so there's a potential danger/difficulty - with grinding, there's often no danger whatsoever...

I guess if your idea of 'hard' and 'challenging' is 'staying awake at the keyboard, sticking with a game through countless boring-as-hell hours', then I honestly don't see a lot of future MMOs that you're going to enjoy...

And blaming WoW for this is stupid.  People have jobs, wives, kids - I seem to remember the average MMO player is in their 30s... if they get 30 minutes to logon, they'd like to accomplish something, not spend it running from A to B 'yet again'.

• JaszJasz Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Originally posted by dumbo11

AoC is already a easy game to pick up and play there is no need to make it easier. If these people had their way  there would be no traveling and grinding at all.
    Its a MMORPG people. An easy one at that. Do you really need cheaper horses? Do you really need more paths to other areas when traveling is already easy?
    Funcom..listen to me...people who want WoW and simple MMO's will play WoW. I came to Conan because i wanted something different. Stop trying to cater to the complainers and listen to the people who love your game the way it is. The way you meant it to be when you started. If you stay on this road your game will fail.

Errr... so travel in AoC was in some way 'challenging' or 'hard'???  What are you talking about exactly?

And grinding is supposed to be 'challenging' or 'hard'???  It's mindless key-bashing, and terrible gameplay for 2008.. with a quest you could at least 'fail' (in theory) so there's a potential danger/difficulty - with grinding, there's often no danger whatsoever...

I guess if your idea of 'hard' and 'challenging' is 'staying awake at the keyboard, sticking with a game through countless boring-as-hell hours', then I honestly don't see a lot of future MMOs that you're going to enjoy...

And blaming WoW for this is stupid.  People have jobs, wives, kids - I seem to remember the average MMO player is in their 30s... if they get 30 minutes to logon, they'd like to accomplish something, not spend it running from A to B 'yet again'.

Then play UT3 and leave my game alone. If people liked these changes they would be staying with the game.

The examples I gave are just a couple things that have been changed...trust me if i listed all of them I'd be here all day

• revelatorXrevelatorX Member Posts: 60

i agree with previous post, exactly how is traveling supposed to be hard or challenging?

also this sig is so funny/insecure/stupid  i had to metion it!  "Insecure people will always tell YOU that YOUR game sucks" it leaves no room for the possibility that your game really DOES suck!

• veratutazzveratutazz Member UncommonPosts: 136

I played AoC at launch and to be honest i loved the game but soon realized Funcom's heart and soul went into developing a gorgeous game, but they aren't willing to stick to their guns when it comes to the game they wanted it to be when they started and the game WoW players want it to be.
    I read the AoC forums and see nothing but complaining and its mainly about changes that people want in the game that have nothing to do with actual gameplay and more to do with difficulty.

FunCom isn't listening to you on MMORPG.com IMHO & these "AoC will fail" threads are starting to resemble trolling. 

Don't like, dont play

Like, play

We get it.

• HydrakanaHydrakana Member Posts: 160
    Originally posted by Reklaw
    No need to proof you have NO CLUE whatsoever what you are talking about. I mean you can't even comment things I said.
     So next time you reply THINK before doing so, and try atleast to comment to things I said and try not to look to confusing towards others. Cause trust me I am not the one who is confused as you proof with your reply that it is you who seems cleuless to what I said.

Yeah, the irony in your post is thick.  Learn to use coherent English before you start ranting on about confusing posts.

I know exactly what you said in your previous post.  You insinuated that AoC was harder than wow  and anyone who thought otherwise was clueless.  Then you made some claim about previous posters logic being flawed when in fact you made an example of yourself as being a person with flawed logic.

Its ok, we understand that you struggle to grasp simple concepts.  I will not hold anything against you.....

Back to the topic, I personally think that funcom are going to make this game even easier aswell as strip as much mature content from the game as possible to give it larger market appeal - it is destined for the xbox360 after all.   I don't think this is a direct result from forum whining about making things easier, i think its just the direction the game developer thinks is right to achieve their goal.  Seriously, their vision for the game is not good and its best to jump ship now.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by revelatorX

i agree with previous post, exactly how is traveling supposed to be hard or challenging?
    also this sig is so funny/insecure/stupid  i had to metion it!  "Insecure people will always tell YOU that YOUR game sucks" it leaves no room for the possibility that your game really DOES suck!

See I talk about insecure people, you try to make it sound as if I meant each person. Learn to actualy understand what you read especialy when you copy/paste it.

So overall more then enough room, unless YOU feel that every person who feels the game sucks is insecure cause thats how you try to bring it.

These forums are HUMOR

Originally posted by Reklaw

Originally posted by revelatorX

See I talk about insecure people, you try to make it sound as if I meant each person. Learn to actualy understand what you read especialy when you copy/paste it.

So overall more then enough room, unless YOU feel that every person who feels the game sucks is insecure cause thats how you try to bring it.

These forums are HUMOR

Your sig is a logical fallacy anyway.

• PipwickyPipwicky Member Posts: 63

The game is easy solo mode game.

funcom lied about many many features, even getting close to release they completely lied about them

I think the game will fail due to the failure of either epic pve or epic pvp.

pvp servers....no reason to pvp and battlekeep are a joke

pve server you level so insanely fast and then there is nothing, lvl is so fast there is no accomplishment, loot is all the same and very plentiful

I am enjoying the game for now, but I feel it will fail unless they do major huge revamps on it.

just imagine how easy they make it when console players get it and start bitching

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

It is true that it is too easy... But so is almost every MMO there is today so I don't see why that will make it fail.

No, I wait for Guildwars 2 to get a challenge to put my teeth in. But AoC is not that bad, I don't mind that it is easy or that some of the buggs are still there after 2 months. My problem is that it needs more zones. And Why are most of the big lvl 40+ in Cimmeria? It's not like Conan was up there in the books a lot or something (at least not in the Howard ones). No, the game needs at least 3 real zones for every 10 level range.

• RogueSevenRogueSeven Member Posts: 321

I played AoC at launch and to be honest i loved the game but soon realized Funcom's heart and soul went into developing a gorgeous game, but they aren't willing to stick to their guns when it comes to the game they wanted it to be when they started and the game WoW players want it to be.
    I read the AoC forums and see nothing but complaining and its mainly about changes that people want in the game that have nothing to do with actual gameplay and more to do with difficulty.

will fail? HA! already has

Originally posted by RogueSeven

will fail? HA! already has

Will be interesting to see if this game will go the same way as AO, free to play.

• True Story!

• Tyres100Tyres100 Member Posts: 704

I agree AOC = FAIL even upcoming events and changes. It simply lost its credibility. People do not forget about credibility or major flaws.

Who let you in the VIP section?