Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Everquest Online - The Darkness Rising...."

burdock2burdock2 Member UncommonPosts: 420

At this stage, to my knowledge, SOE have 3 Everquest Online games (Everquest, Everquest II and EQAdventures I believe). What they need to do, and make sure they keep thier subscription base, is almagarate them.

Here is the idea. A new EQ online game, Titles "Everquest Online - The Darkness Rising" or similar and have it sporting a new engine, with DirectX 10 support and multi-core support. Have all clasess/features/depth from all three everquest games, and effectivly shut the other games down. Now before the flames come, the idea is expanded - have all those subscriptions in existance be transferred over, with 2 free months added and all characters kept, just "converted" to the new game. This will effectivly mean that nobody loses anything, and that all the players come together, making the subscriber base very healthy.

I have played both main EQ games, and must say they are getting long in the tooth, I know the original EQ is up to its 14th expansion and EQ2 just released it's 4th, with another on the way I am sure, however, failing this idea, I look forward to the day they announce Everquest 3 at least. If for nothing else but to keep being competitive. I am sure that EQ3 will no doubt be announced at the same time as SWG2! ;)

Anyway, I like the lore and world, just the games themeselves keep me at bay, why cant the do an EQ game with AoC grapics and EQ2' depth!? I for one would be a subscriber!!

Comments

• MoiraeMoirae Member RarePosts: 3,318

This game is OLD now. Eventually, they'll probably do an EQ3, but for now, suck it up and deal.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

You couldn't combine the games and keep characters as they are.  All three play differently, skills are different, combat is different, AA's are different etc.  Character integration from 3 sources into a new game wouldn't work.

• bahamut1bahamut1 Member Posts: 614

Flem's right, a whole new game would be easier to do than try to incorporate 2 or even 3 games. It's just not economical, or efficient.

"Granted thinking for yourself could be considered a timesink of shorter or longer duration depending on how smart..or how dumb you are."