Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I just got banned from WoW w/o even playing the game....

tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762

***Notice of Account Closure***

This is a notification regarding the World of Warcraft account.  Access to this account has been permanently disabled for exploitation of the World of Warcraft economy or for being associated to accounts which have been closed for intended exploitation.  While we try to be as lenient as possible in our assessments of the results of exploitation investigations, exploitative endeavors on your accounts have ultimately lead to their closure.  The recurring subscription on the account has been disabled to prevent further charges.

Wtf?! I havn't logged onto my WoW account since the burning crusade Launched and I've never done ANYTHING illegal with this game. I mean, I don't play anymore so its not a huge blow to me but what if I wanted to come back one day? this is bullsh*t! How do I get accused of hacking without even playing the game? Can I get my account back?

EDIT: Wow, I can't believe how hostile my first post was. Sorry if it sounds like I acting like an immature kid, but to be honest I was a bit ticked off when I had written this, considering I just recieved the E-mail minutes before.

Hi! My name is paper. Nerf scissors, rock is fine.
MMORPG = Mostly Men Online Roleplaying Girls
http://www.MichaelLuckhardt.com

Comments

• TungkanTungkan Member Posts: 54

Well , did any of your friends know the password to your account? :o

If not , you should mail them and tell them about your  problem.

• peglegpegleg Member UncommonPosts: 212

I bet there is more to the story then just a random Banned

All MMO's have grinds. If you don't like to Grind then MMO's are not for you.

• tigris67tigris67 Member UncommonPosts: 1,762
    Originally posted by pegleg

First off, I don't appreciate your accusation.

no actually. There isn't anything else to my story. Sorry if I sounded a bit hotheaded but I cannot stand when things like this happen to people who don't deserve it. Especially when it inolves myself. No I have never done anything illegal with my account.

I have not had an active subscription since the free return of the burning crusade which I only played 14 days and had some fun leveling my char a bit. then my time ran out. Now 5 months later when I don't even have an active subscription I get thrown a random ban. There is absolutelly no explaining this.

And no, no one knows my account pass or username...so this is completely bogus.

• coffeecoffee Member Posts: 2,007
    Originally posted by tigris67

no actually. There isn't anything else to my story. Sorry if I sounded a bit hotheaded but I cannot stand when things like this happen to people who don't deserve it. Especially when it inolves myself. No I have never done anything illegal with my account.

I have not had an active subscription since the free return of the burning crusade which I only played 14 days and had some fun leveling my char a bit. then my time ran out. Now 5 months later when I don't even have an active subscription I get thrown a random ban. There is absolutelly no explaining this.

Blizzard dont put names into the ban hat and pull a name out.  Obviously your account was/had been used for untoward things wether that was you or some 1 hacked your account when you were not using it.

• LocklainLocklain Member Posts: 2,154

Yeah, I would check my billing information to see if someone has been using the account.  Someone hacked my account and changed the password on me so I deleted everything and changed the password to a bunch of random numbers and letters that even I will never be able to remember.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
    _______
    |___image|
    \_______/
    = image||||||image =
    |X| \*........*/ |X|
    |X|_________|X|
    You wouldn't understand
    Originally posted by coffee

Blizzard dont put names into the ban hat and pull a name out.  Obviously your account was/had been used for untoward things wether that was you or some 1 hacked your account when you were not using it.

Well then there are 2 solutions here. Somone's been hacking my account and using third party software....or....Its a random ban. Guess life just sucks sometimes, Thanks blizzard.

Originally posted by Locklain

Yeah, I would check my billing information to see if someone has been using the account.  Someone hacked my account and changed the password on me so I deleted everything and changed the password to a bunch of random numbers and letters that even I will never be able to remember.

how do I check my billing and what not? Whenever I log in I get the "Account disabled" Screen. I guess its possible I was hacked.

• chop3593chop3593 Member Posts: 55

You might want to call them up, or send them a support e-mail...Blizzard doesn't hand out random bans...So if you want to play again look more into this.

• SirLornSirLorn Member UncommonPosts: 212

Question,  why is there now the additional "fact" of third party software? 

I do believe you might have been right pegleg  ...... =P

Ciao

Originally posted by Locklain

how do I check my billing and what not? Whenever I log in I get the "Account disabled" Screen. I guess its possible I was hacked.

Hmm, your best bet is to drop them a support e-mail or call them in this case

• OverpowerOverpower Member Posts: 105
    Well then there are 2 solutions here. Somone's been hacking my account and using third party software....or....Its a random ban. Guess life just sucks sometimes, Thanks blizzard.

lol, dumbest thing I've ever heard. Random ban...rofl

To Crybabies: Uhm...if a game pisses you off, don't play it - duh.
    To Crybabies - Part 2: If you want a game to suit all your needs, start off by going to college to become a Game Designer.
    Emo User Award: busdriver, for his love of Britney Spears - The Prize - Winning Posts

• mrcalhoumrcalhou Member UncommonPosts: 1,444

How would one do something like he is being accused of without third party software?

--------
    "Chemistry: 'We do stuff in lab that would be a felony in your garage.'"

The most awesomest after school special T-shirt:
    Front: UNO Chemistry Club
    Back: /\OH --> Bad Decisions

Originally posted by Overpower

lol, dumbest thing I've ever heard. Random ban...rofl

That's what I was thinking...I mean come out Blizz doesn't want to loose a subscribe r

Originally posted by mrcalhou

How would one do something like he is being accused of without third party software?

Can you restate this?  I dont understand what you are asking

I have never played WoW, but someone is saying he must have done it because the OP had mentioned someone hacking his acct. and then using third-party software. The fact that the OP mentioned third-party software doesn't mean he did it.

--------

Originally posted by SirLorn

Ciao

I seriously came here for answers and support. Not ridicule. Please do not twist my words or put words into my mouth. I stated "Somone else used my account and used third party software. Yes THATS what I said. I never said "I" used any. No I have not ever used anything 3rd or 2nd or w/e party thats not part of the WoW client. Please stop putting words in my mouth just to justify this.

EDIT: Somone mentioned calling them up. Does anyone happen to know the phone number? I just saw e-mail support.

Originally posted by SirLorn

Ciao

I seriously came here for answers and support. Not ridicule. Please do not twist my words or put words into my mouth. I stated "Somone else used my account and used third party software. Yes THATS what I said. I never said "I" used any. No I have not ever used anything 3rd or 2nd or w/e party thats not part of the WoW client. Please stop putting words in my mouth just to justify this.

How do you figure 3rd party stuff?  In the e-mail you showed it mentioned nothing about 3rd party stuff.....

Originally posted by chop3593
    How do you figure 3rd party stuff?  In the e-mail you showed it mentioned nothing about 3rd party stuff.....

Exactly! thankyou, I don't know how that even got started up.

Because third-party software is the only thing I can think of that could do something that would be worthy of a ban. It was just an extrapolation of the circumstances, and not indicative of any action.

--------

Originally posted by chop3593

Exactly! thankyou, I don't know how that even got started up.

Well actually, I recall you mentioning it.

--------

• grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153

It's amazing how when Funcom allegedly banned someone for wearing out an exploit the masses at MMORPG were up in arms in righteous indignation.  When WoW does the same thing it's all 'WoW doesn't make mistakes."

But yeah, you probably got hacked and were used to spam gold selling in an public channel or broker some gold selling deal, according to that message.  I would send an email and ask.

I wonder about this type of hacking though.  If you don't have an active sub, then the hacker would have had to make it active to use your account, requiring a credit card (with someone else's name and address presumably) or a game card.  If the credit card had a different address and name or the game card was purchased in some foreign land, that should be pretty easy to find out.

I have never played WoW, but someone is saying he must have done it because the OP had mentioned someone hacking his acct. and then using third-party software. The fact that the OP mentioned third-party software doesn't mean he did it.

But in the email it didn't mention 3rd party stuff

• SirLornSirLorn Member UncommonPosts: 212

LMAO, because you said it!  Which would make anyone looking at something objectivley to question, how you would assume third party software was used, unless maybe you knew something more?!?    I am not saying you did, didn't whatever, just FYI m8, but that looks fishy as (to answer someone else) you DO NOT have to be using third party software to be guilty of what was stated in the email you "pasted"   

Calm down everyone, rofl.....it has been stated at least twice now, call em.....that is your best bet, hahaha, sheesh

Because third-party software is the only thing I can think of that could do something that would be worthy of a ban. It was just an extrapolation of the circumstances, and not indicative of any action.

Well it said EXPLOITS thats not 3rd party stuff...

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

If you read the email in says exploiting the economy. I would assume that means buying/selling gold.