Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

having trouble with graphics card

Domino44Domino44 Member Posts: 3

Hey guys, umm well first off, my friend was skimming through a thrift store in the board games section. and someone there had put an ASUS EN7600GS Silent in there because the box is about the same size as a board game. price tag on it was $1.99 so my friend immediatly grabbed it knowing what it was. Later to find his computer doesnt support PCI-E he then gave it to me. with that said.

When i put the hardware in the slot. change the BIOS to PCI-E. load up the computer and by the time windows is done loading my screen shuts off saying there's no input. Why? i've tried again and again. I tried installing the new nvidia driver and it wont let me. something about hardware but i cant remember exactly what it said.

Does anyone know why else my graphics might not be working?

wait now looking at the front of my computer it says under Graphics: ATI Radeon Xpress 200 but i dont see where it is at or how do i replace it. My computer is just a regular ol' HP, i got 1gig RAM a pentium 4 200Gig HD

If anyone has any advise, lemme know please, Thank you kindly.

Comments

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Usually when computer parts hit a thrift store they are broken.  I would expect a broken video card.  The ATI Xpress 200 graphics is your north bridge.  Its an integrated video that is superceded when another video card is plugged in.

• Domino44Domino44 Member Posts: 3

ah ok. well it didn't seem used because i believe everything was still in its packaging. Probably the case though. huh. well thnks