Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer Online : Age of Reckoning: Min System Requirments Announced

SzarkSzark News ManagerMember Posts: 4,420

Mythic Entertainment has announced the minimum requirements to run Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning when it launches.

The wait is over!

We're pleased to announce the current minimum system requirements to run WAR at launch.

We will continue to optimize WAR as we move closer to launch and even beyond but these will provide you with a very accurate idea of what is needed in order to play the game.

So without further adieu the minimum specs for Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning:

PC SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS

For Windows XP

·  2.5 GHz P4 processor or equivalent

·  1 Gigabyte RAM

·  A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0

·  At least 15 GB of hard drive space

For Windows VISTA

·  2.5 GHz P4 processor or equivalent

·  2 Gigabyte RAM

·  A 128 MB Video Card, with support for Pixel Shader 2.0

·  At least 15 GB of hard drive space

Read more here.

Comments

• jeffg316jeffg316 Member Posts: 48

15GB?

Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, Eve Online, DCUO, Rift

Playing: SW:TOR

• leovinousleovinous Member Posts: 38

15 Gig's huh.....well I don't know about AOC but WoW is getting close to that. 

Have you not read the Bible?
    Oh, yeah, yeah... Not all of it. Actually, I'm listening to it on tape.
    Don't tell me how it ends.

• EverdefiantEverdefiant Member Posts: 3

I just deleted AoC earlier this week, and that sucker was 25 gig. 15 is reletively trim for a top tier MMO these days.

• iZakaroNiZakaroN Member UncommonPosts: 719
    Originally posted by jeffg316

15GB?

This mean that installation will be 12-13G. Its absolutely normal for modern game.

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
    ______\m/_____
    LordOfDarkDesire
  • Tuck2000Tuck2000 Member Posts: 361

Keep in mind I imagine the inactive framework for the other cities is in the build so 15 gig is reasonable.

• RadioMaryjaRadioMaryja Member UncommonPosts: 123

My AoC folder:

25,2 GB (bytes: 27 106 377 728)

15GB sounds fair enough. Also requirements looks little lower than AoC. I hope that there is some decent optimization done and it will work well with plenty of peeps running around.

• KalayKalay Member Posts: 154

I am running at a 3.0 ghz with 2 Gbs of Ram.  I had problems with Tabula Rasa.  They should list the Recommended settings also.  That is what you want to go for.

15Gbs is no biggie these days.  You run out of room, get an external usb drive.  They are fairly inexpensive anymore.  I think we are moving into the best of the MMO fields for gaming over the next 2 years.

GlassEye

• DistasteDistaste Member UncommonPosts: 665
    Originally posted by Kalay

I am running at a 3.0 ghz with 2 Gbs of Ram.  I had problems with Tabula Rasa.  They should list the Recommended settings also.  That is what you want to go for.
    15Gbs is no biggie these days.  You run out of room, get an external usb drive.  They are fairly inexpensive anymore.  I think we are moving into the best of the MMO fields for gaming over the next 2 years.

You want recommended specs? Well what are recommended specs recommending? The best specs to play the game? The specs to play the game decently welll?

The recommended specs for the best possible play will always be the best possible hardware out there. Quadcore, 9XXXX series card(ATI equivalent) SLI/Xfire, 4gigs+ DDR3 Ram, etc.

What would I have to run the game? Top end 7xxxx or mid/top 8xxxx card. 3 gigs of ram. 3.2ghz Dual core processor.

As you can see, recommended can mean different things to different people. If you aren't going to RvR a lot then what you need to run the game is different then somone that will be doing 500vs500 battles.

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

well, least I know my laptop wont fry from playing this game like it did for AoC lol

• DraconusDraconus Freeworld AdminMember Posts: 781

This is great news. This game is going to rock!!

• brostynbrostyn Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,092

128 MB card for an '08 game? Yikes.

• fansedefansede Member UncommonPosts: 960

I have an AMD processor, hope that does not mean my life will stink..

• DraconusDraconus Freeworld AdminMember Posts: 781
    Originally posted by fansede

I have an AMD processor, hope that does not mean my life will stink..

you will be fine

• bomjbomj Member UncommonPosts: 184

Are you Fing kidding me.  My laptop less than a year old with 64mb video ram is a piece of junk.

I wasted 10 bucks on the pre-order.

Fing Geek Squad are a bunch of morons.

Ive been waiting for this game all year and now im screwed!

• imitatorimitator Member Posts: 29
    Originally posted by bomj

Are you Fing kidding me.  My laptop less than a year old with 64mb video ram is a piece of junk.

Laptops in general are a bad idea if you want to do any gaming, simply because integrated graphics cards, which the majority of all laptops use, are a different beast than the normal video cards that are tested for support by the game developers.

I haven't seen a AAA title release in years that had quality support for integrated laptop graphics cards, it was usually a case of, "if it works, we are so happy for you, but if it doesnt, sorry, not much that can be done for you".

Not to mention Geek Squad is about as trustworthy as Dr Nick from Simpsons when it comes to anything.

• HumbleHoboHumbleHobo Member Posts: 116

*cries*

What about us mac people? Well, at least Blizzard understands us...

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926
    Originally posted by bomj

Sorry you got screwed bomj. Geek Squad doesnt have a freaking clue. I bought this laptop almost 2 yrs ago and it has 128mb card. My issue is I need to get it upgraded to 2gig ram (which is no big deal). Plus I have a new laptop on the way. This one will be for work, other for home. I'm like you, looking forward to WAR except not really screwed. This laptop ran LOTRO on medium at 20+fps so I figured it would be fine for WAR.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

If anybody still using specs as low as that, they should just throw in the towel now as a Pc gamer and get their Xbox out. The only good thing you can do with a Pc spec that low is use it as a door stopper.

• TrandTrand Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by IAmMMO

If anybody still using specs as low as that, they should just throw in the towel now as a Pc gamer and get their Xbox out. The only good thing you can do with a Pc spec that low is use it as a door stopper.

Or play the most popular MMO in the world

DOAC is still the MMO I judge other games by, My first and still my favorite.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by IAmMMO

rofl a PC gamer would only need a pentium 1 computer, or even lower. Still have most fun with the older games. (Red allert 1 still beats the newer ones, settlers one and two still beats the newer one :P) and tetris and pacman and still onesof the most played games ever. So a TRUE PC gamer can still enjoy himself with pc specs this low and does not requere grafics to entertain himself and is satisfied with the great gameplay and replayability older games came with.

Anyhow the specs WAR seems are good enough and poeple should be easily get a computer to get the specs needed.

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

P? Interesting. Core 2 Duos should be very happy. I wonder if they will require some processor affinity setting if you have  the Dual or Quad core rigs. Given the general flood of the market it would seem kind of silly if there wasn't out of box support for multi-core but we'll see.

I suppose they made the game 'happy' for slightly older machines not only to try to stay in the WoW marketability range but to gain some foothold on unhappy 'specced out' players for AoC.

I can't wait!

• jeffg316jeffg316 Member Posts: 48

Yeah kind of a shocker to me the 15gb. I am used to CoV/CoH and their 3GB of space it takes up.

<----- 256 MB vid card in my laptop. So I can play at both work and home sweeeet!

Played: WoW, CoX, SWG, Eve Online, DCUO, Rift

Playing: SW:TOR

• enzymeenzyme Member UncommonPosts: 464

That number will probably be trimmed down a little. They still got optomizations to do before launch.

Current Games:

• streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654

The numbers are also a good wake-up call to gamers who maybe don't have a lot of money to upgrade their computers, so they only do so once in a while. If you don't make the minimum, or just barely make it, it means it's time to upgrade.

A lot of gamers don't know a whole lot about computers, or they have someone close who knows a lot that they go to for help. But now they know "hey, my laptop isn't going to cut it."

• Nova62Nova62 Member Posts: 8

Awesome!! my rig is going to smoke this game.