Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some reasons to get back into LOTRO?

slythsslyths Member UncommonPosts: 208

I've previously played this game when Book 12 was online(was a 25 Burglar). I quitted 'cause my free 30 game period was over and also for of the lack of PvP. But i then realised later with WoW, that in the end-game i wasn't doing anything other than raiding and instancing.

So my questions are:

• Is the endgame of LOTRO like WoWs PvE?
  • Is it worthy to give the game another try?
  • What is the role of a Burglar in endgame?
  • Are there any noteable nerfs or improvements since Book 12?

Thx for reading

Comments

• PapadamPapadam Member Posts: 2,102
    Originally posted by slyths

I've previously played this game when Book 12 was online(was a 25 Burglar). I quitted 'cause my free 30 game period was over and also for of the lack of PvP. But i then realised later with WoW, that in the end-game i wasn't doing anything other than raiding and instancing.
    So my questions are:

Is the endgame of LOTRO like WoWs PvE?
    Is it worthy to give the game another try?
    What is the role of a Burglar in endgame?
    Are there any noteable nerfs or improvements since Book 12?

Thx for reading

Since Im mostly a "end-game" player in lotro Ill give you my opinions..

1. The big difference between LotrO and WoW end game (PvE) is that its much more accesible in LotrO and also more limited... For you it means that you will have no problem "catching up" with thoose who already are lvl 50 and are raiding and so on... Its easier and more casual frindly and LotrO will never become a second job because its not designed like that..

2.Yes I think its worth another try ;)

3. Burglars role is Debuffs... back up CC and starting conjunctions (thoose help ALOT if the group is good). burlgars are a pretty rare class but are wanted in groups cause they bring alot of utility!

4. Since you were lvl 25 when you left I dont think you will notice any nerfs.. there is always some rebalancing going on but nothing major that I know of... Theyve released book 13 and 14 since you left and they added alot of new stuff

And try the PvP.. maybe you will like it (since you ar above lvl 10 you acan already start a lvl 50 monster character and see the Pvp from the dark side atleast ;))

If WoW = The Beatles
    and WAR = Led Zeppelin
    Then LotrO = Pink Floyd

• beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

Concernig nwhat to do as burglar in endgame its basically bothering the mobs and making fms.

But in pvp burglar is the msot hated class by the creeps. Burglars roam in gangs and just run around hidden and rape players that are alone (even trolls). Hunter and burgs are the most fun classes for pvp imo.

Btw all i've seen since bk12 are improvements.

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.

• paperjackpaperjack Member Posts: 7

Monster play is fun, try it out and maybe you'll like the PvP.

The endgame is pretty much raiding and instancing, but I think they are fun.

The burglars start conjunctions, mezz and they also have the "enrage" skill which will pull a ranger to the group - very useful if you have found a safe spot and want to fight there.

Besides, a burglar can solo pretty much everything, there are even articles of burgs who have soloed some of the epic books (pretty impressive if you ask me).

If you were only 25 then you won't notice any difference to your class and imo in only 25 levels you've seen nothing of the game - reaching level 25 is a 2-day job oif you do it the first time. If have reached it in 30 days, the you probably haven't been enjoying the game much - maybe then it's just not the game for you