Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Scamming

2»

Comments

• PegasusJFPegasusJF Member Posts: 268

My condolences.

Yeah, Goons are the lowest of the low in EVE.

• TheHumannBeeTheHumannBee Member Posts: 35

That happened to me too. I played Eve like two years ago, but quit and just came back last week. The night I came back Goonfleet "recruited" me. I payed them all the money I had (50 million isk) and talked to my sponsor. When I sent my money he directed me to the Goonfleet offices in a high sec system - good one.

My sec is -9.9 from when I used to play, I have no ship, stuck in high sec in a pod, and have absolutely no money. I may as well just quit again.

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Originally posted by Firebrawn
    I was scammed for a lot of isk from Goonfleet. A lot of isk to ME that is.
    What i don't understand is how people can be so insensitive - especially since Goonfleet is meant to be the best corp out there and should be upholding some kind of  standard.

Stopping you right here....
    Goonfleet.... best.... omg... no no no.. they are the LARGEST alliance in EVE... they are NOT the best... they are probably the biggest bunch of scammers, pirates, scofflaws and downright horrible people ever collected in EVE. There are SOME (as in very few) very cool people who are in goonswarm... but for the most part it's just a pack of renegades out to kill/scam their way through EVE as much as possible.

I'm sorry you got suckered by Goons but good lord... take some time to research a corporation beyond it's SIZE before joining... please....

Even worse, after visiting their 'scam' forum, I see that it is common place for them to scam noobs.... they seem to get more of a kick out of scamming than playing the actual game.

Erm... yes... you see... just a minor touch of research would have made you realize this.

Sorry you got scammed but, unfortunately, it's part of EVE... "Buyer Beware". "space isn't safe" and all that.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

Trust nobody... in game and irl...

• rashherorashhero Member UncommonPosts: 510

Actually the biggest scam in Eve was also the biggest scam in MMO history by the one and only Istivan Shogastu. Those from pre-release days from IRC also knew him as HellGremlin. Yeah it was a corp. effort but he master minded it.

http://eve.klaki.net/heist/

There's the article on it

• TaramTaram Member CommonPosts: 1,700

Originally posted by Kyleran
    This doesn't mean they aren't great fighters, they most certainly are,

Err... you sure you're talking about Goons? I can think, just off the top of my head, of about 20 or 30 alliances that I'd rank above Goons as 'great fighters'. There are a few decent pilots in Goons but the vast majority of them are absolute crap.

"A ship-of-war is the best ambassador." - Oliver Cromwell

• cosycosy Member UncommonPosts: 3,228

well if u get scammed by goons for recruit that is because u dont read the rules and u deserve that
    the rules say u need a somethingawful account whit several months old and they will look on your poasting history

and about if goons are bad or good u can talk all day but on thing is clear they are not so easy to grief and there goons make the difference

Originally posted by PegasusJF
    My condolences.Yeah, Goons are the lowest of the low in EVE.
    condolences for what for not reading the huge bold red text from goonfleet.com

BestSigEver :P