Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An example of the NEW WotLK graphics Beta WOW

VicksburgVicksburg Member Posts: 181

Here is what I call REAL PVP speed: tense - hard - frantic

Watch the beautiful dynamic lightings and new shadow graphics.

Makes the competition real pale in these kind of things doesn't it....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YE6Jga_8ho

:)))))) Wow

Comments

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685

Well, there you have it folks.  Small scale pvp.

No thanks, i want World PvP on a large scale.  It's too bad AoC didn't deliver. 

And instanced BGs is not large scale either, because it's one side that races to the end to fight an NPC. 

• VicksburgVicksburg Member Posts: 181
    Originally posted by observer

Well, there you have it folks.  Small scale pvp.
    No thanks, i want World PvP on a large scale.  It's too bad AoC didn't deliver. 
    And instanced BGs is not large scale either, because it's one side that races to the end to fight an NPC. 

Arena - BG - World PvP... who cares. That's not what I am even saying.

It doesn't matter. The real reason why Wow stays so popular is just synthesized in this WotLK Beta video (middle part).

No other game deliveres this kind of tense fast frantic figthing animations in an MMORPG.

I am trying to say this for 2 years now: no one likes to play with stiff slow animated characters. Is it that difficult to program??? for the competition ?

Be it PVE or PVP even.

And after watching this, I no longer can watch the shadowless old fights.

Blizzard, Blizzard, what other surprises will be there in those open world PvP fights in WotLK ???

I guess a lot of people will be in for a lot of  surprises.

I guess other developpers "talk" of open world Sieges, I think Blizzard delivers what others promise.

We'll see, but this video just blasted me away.

• HornyHorny Member Posts: 45

And thats is why we are leaving it.

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

ZOMG ZOMG ZOMG ZOMGMGOMOGMOMOGMOMOMG FAST PVP OMZOMGOMZOMG click click click click click spam spam spam spam twitch twitch twitch *snort*.

I couldn't resist Vick, I'm sorry, that's what goes through my head every time you keep trying to say this. Lol. Dynamic shadows, wow!! WoW had little dark circles under characters for 4 years, but now they get dynamic shadows? That's amazing, really. Technological breakthrough.

Now if only they put in collision detection...but then all the rogues would QQ! .

EDIT: All I saw was stunlocking and alot of autoattack with a backstab or two thrown in. Oh and Slice n Dice so you can say it's so great  and fast. Go watch a video of a Disciple of Khaine (a newer one) and then tell me again why you think it's slow...and those are still placeholder animations, much like the graphics.

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• treefittytreefitty Member Posts: 260

O and please stop kidding yourselves, an expansion wont turn carebear magic ride into a pvp game.

-beaverz

• darc21darc21 Member Posts: 94

If your blown away by this video then you truely must be very easy to impress

Oooooo look! A shiney new smiley!  OMG!  

Oh wait, its really just a poor remake made with little imagination of what they already had in a desperate bid to keep things fresh.

In no way will this be ground breaking, or imaginative.

WAR looks AWESOME!

Give Blood....Play Rugby!

• fuzzylojikfuzzylojik Member Posts: 432

The Ultimate Failure of WoW PvP

No Massive Objective Based World PvP

The lack of world PvP objectives that actually mean something besides some PvE quest/buff or subpar items in endgame is laughable.  Futhermore, they have packaged all the endgame PvP into 4 BGs and arenas.  This has depleted world PvP together with the lack of world PvP objectives and flying mounts.

Besides ganking and incidental world PvP in the course of levelling or acquiring PvE based objectives, world PvP is a joke.  The main problem was making it item and PvE orientated. 

The ONE new PvP zone in WOTLK Lake Wintergrasp will probably be another transient, loot and scoot item grind and has come too little, too late.

Endgame PvP is 4 BGs + Arenas

The lack of expansion of PvP vs PvE is alarming.  All WoW is doing is upgrading items sets without adding any new PvP content.  In so 4 years there are only 4 BGs and Arena as the staple end-game PvP.

Face it, WoW is not a PvP centric game and never will be.  They have made PvP into a casual friendly small circuit, instanced item grindfest.

Arenas were fun when they started but the gladiatorial style of PvP in now way substitutes for true MMO PvP entirely and should not.

WoW makes you play the same 4 BG and arena 2394023948023948240398 times.  The reason being they are too lazy to implement new PvP content and try to draw out their existing content by making people play the same thing a gabazillion times.  This farce continues as more arena seasons roll buy with casual friendly arena gear being handed out like candy.

They have no clue how to tackle or implement good large scale PvP content or add any PvP progression other than item based, and face it WoW isn't built for it either.

Alas,

Gone are the days of massive keep battles with upwards of 10 guild sieging a castle or keep.

Gone are the days of massive standoffs at takeover points where you see a frontline of massive amounts of people defending and attacking.  Goading each other and trying to find weak spots to charge.

Gone is the realm pride where you coordinated with a ton of other people from different guilds with the same objectives to takeover the enemies key points and achieved it.

Gone is the comraderie that ensues when the horde enemy is nigh and you look at your realm mates next you you as you prepare for the final stand in a small room.

Gone are the tears of joy which erupt when the battle is won versus far superior number by skill, kiting and choke point control.

Bring back the days of ole, where sword over sword and staff over staff ring a hundred man strong along the battlefield. 

Where hundreds of arrows whizz overhead as archers line the parapats of the castles and keeps defending them with their bows.

Bring back the days of massive battles, keep sieges and territory control.

Bring back truely massive player versus player combat.

Look

You are all talking of Wow and do it from the standpoint of wow haters.

Grtz.

I am talking of WOTLK:)) guys.

A small change in plans :))

You know the one with the siege engines (from WC3), the complete open world PvP(even on pve servers) with destructable keeps, AIR combat, manned TANK combats, and enhanced graphics.

the D-day landing scenarios,

oh Lord. 

Originally posted by Vicksburg

Look
    Grtz.
    You know the one with the siege engine, the complete open world PvP(even on pve servers) with destructable keeps, AIR combat, manned TANK combats, and enhanced graphics. I like how you changed from "Watch the beautiful dynamic lightings and new shadow graphics" to "enhanced graphics" (I lol'd in real life)
    and BY FAR the best animated fast PvP actions ANY MMORPG could deliver in these last years.

O and please stop kidding yourselves, an expansion wont turn carebear magic ride into a pvp game.

-beaverz

Enjoy your siege battles, with the 3/4 population of Warlocks, hunters, or deathknights and the other 1/4 complaining about everyone being Warlocks, hunters, or death knights      :)

Originally posted by treefitty

Look
    Grtz.
    You know the one with the siege engine, the complete open world PvP(even on pve servers) with destructable keeps, AIR combat, manned TANK combats, and enhanced graphics.
    and BY FAR the best animated fast PvP actions ANY MMORPG could deliver in these last years.

-beaverz

of course Wow changes all the time.

Even the animations as shown in the video.

Or are you going to say that the elements of world Pvp will not be in WotLK? :)))

What I CAN say is that at the moment WAR will NOT have air combats, sea combat, underwater worlds and manned tank combats.

Let alone the frantic fast fighting.

Good I'd say: let the best game win.

• beaverzbeaverz Member Posts: 660

Yup pretty much what i wanted to post here.

btw you owe me 10 cents for using my post as a reply.

I'm not a no life that sits in front of his computer all day long, I'm an intern that sits in front of his computer all day long.

Originally posted by beaverz

Yup pretty much what i wanted to post here.
    btw you owe me 10 cents for using my post as a reply.

Couldn't help it man. I thought that was hilarious and well put.

• BraavosiBraavosi Member Posts: 149

im sorry but whats different about the graphics? they look the same..

of course Wow changes all the time.

Even the animations as shown in the video.
    Or are you going to say that the elements of world Pvp will not be in WotLK? :)))
    What I CAN say is that at the moment WAR will NOT have air combats, sea combat, underwater worlds and manned tank combats.
    Let alone the frantic fast fighting.
    Good I'd say: let the best game win.

the reason wow has to add vehicles is because they can't figure out how to balance their classes in PVP, seeing that this is a PVE GAME!!!!! :P

Trust me I PLAY A MAGE.. I know what it means when I see a Warlock, or Hunter..

Btw it means I'm a dead mage.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

All that video did was confirm why i won t be going back to WOW ever and how many better PVP games are coming out soon.

Originally posted by pimpdizzle

im sorry but whats different about the graphics? they look the same..

???

Blinded by hate or love ?

???

You must have a crappy computer because I play WoW on High settings and I see no difference between the video you linked and the WoW I play. They look the same as present day graphics.

Originally posted by Leucent

All that video did was confirm why i won t be going back to WOW ever and how many better PVP games are coming out soon.

LOL come out with ONE just ONE other MMORPG with these kind of fighting speeds and frantic fighting.

Go out: the web is yours .

I guess lost too much in REAL pvp fights :)))

Vicksburg the point people are trying to make is yes WOW is a popular game, yes your beloved game is still going to be popular, but WOW will never be a good pvp game. In all my years of gaming i would go as far as saying it is the worst attempt at pvp. I could handle stun/nuke/nuke/nuke death by a hib caster over this bunny hopping mess of a pvp anyday.

???

You must have a crappy computer because I play WoW on High settings and I see no difference between the video you linked and the WoW I play. They look the same as present day graphics.

Another BLIND fellow.

Sigh:

look at the dynamic lightning and the SHADOWS - even as the characters strike -

the example in the living room is outstanding to the changing lights and shadows being cast.

Wow. Those who don't see this are REAL haters

Vicksburg the point people are trying to make is yes WOW is a popular game, yes your beloved game is still going to be popular, but WOW will never be a good pvp game. In all my years of gaming i would go as far as saying it is the worst attempt at pvp. I could handle stun/nuke/nuke/nuke death by a hib caster over this bunny hopping mess of a pvp anyday.

Complete crappy statement if you ask me.

And who is talking,of Wow here ? ---->WotLK  remember.

LOL come out with ONE just ONE other MMORPG with these kind of fighting speeds and frantic fighting.

Ok Vicksburg answer this who wins for the following PVP battles;

SL Warlock vs Fire Mage

BM Hunter vs Fury Warrior

Discipline Priest vs Ret Palidan

Hemo Rogue vs Prot Warrior

I can guarantee you I could pick the winner every time without even looking at their gear. Because there is no balance in WoW classes. There never was and there never will be. In REAL PVP fights each class has its own chance of winning depending on the skill of the player controlling it.

• khartman2005khartman2005 Member Posts: 477

I find it absolutely funny that not one single person agrees with you Vicksbug. So, you label them either as stupid or blind.

It is a fact that WoW's PvP sucks, always has and probably always will. The graphics are in fact the exact same as they were day one. I have a mid to high range system and they look no different then the day the game shipped, oh I must be blind too since I don't agree with you.

Another BLIND fellow.

Sigh:

look at the dynamic lightning and the SHADOWS - even as the characters strike -

the example in the living room is outstanding to the changing lights and shadows being cast.

Wow. Those who don't see this are REAL haters

Hehe I'm far from a hater. I like WoW. I like the PVE in wow. But you're saying that one expansion is going to cure all your pvp problems..

And btw the only thing in the video that I see that is different marginally is the shadows.

Ok Vicksburg answer this poll for the following PVP battles;

SL Warlock vs Fire Mage

BM Hunter vs Fury Warrior

Discipline Priest vs Ret Palidan

Hemo Rogue vs Prot Warrior

I can guarantee you I could pick the winner every time without even looking at their gear. Because there is no balance in WoW classes. There never was and there never will be. In REAL PVP fights each class has its own chance of winning depending on the skill of the player controlling it.

Where did i ever say i care about fighting speeds etc as you say it. I don t i could care less about that crap. I personally care about FUN, i have not seen a more unbalanced pvp crapfest then WOW get it through your head, thats how i feel you don t. Leave it at that.