Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A list of good f2p MMOs

icedout06icedout06 Member Posts: 97

voyage century online (be a pirate or hunt them, sail the seas, cool leveling system)

Atlantica - fantasy (combat similar to finaly fantasy)

Requiem Bloody NIghtmare (horror style mmo)

Silkroad Online - fantasy style (cool mentor apprentice system, alchemy and other things u dont find in most free mmos)

Last Chaos - (pvp anywhere! unique pvp good/evil system, u like killing a nub farming? this is ur game)

-all the games above have pvp and i have personally played and enjoyed-

-here are some others u may want to give a try-

Secrets of Solstice

fiesta online

Shaiya

Rappelz epic4

magic world online

i know this isnt the best list ever put together but hopefully it helps peeps out for all the times peeps help me

(all these games are free to download and free to play so check em out)

Comments

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431

Seems to me these F2P games are only enjoying attention as people are bored and pacing waiting for the next release of a "quality" p2p game.

• icedout06icedout06 Member Posts: 97

i agree with that somewhat,  dont get me wrong your not gonna get no everquest 2 experience out of these games but they are free and u might find somethin u like.

im currently playing silkroad online and loving it so far

and im stillin playing voyage century just takin a bit of a break

• Requiem is pretty good. Havent tried much of the others.

• saluksaluk Member Posts: 325

I've tried a few of these. Of them I think Voyage Century is the highest quality, with the most variety in gameplay. It lasted me a month, which is about my limit for an mmo, (besides LOTRO which I am down to once or twice a week, but I'm close enough to max level I'll probably stick around till I get there).

Silkroad was a huge disappointment, I quit when they told me to go fight white tigers after I had been fighting black tigers, which was after I had been fighting regular tigers. Maybe it's gotten better, but the amount of quests was really low, and the drop rate for the quests was utterly ridiculous. There were a ton of things about the game I thought were great, but I just couldn't get past the grinding.

I couldn't get into fiesta or shaiya; although rappelz was somewhat appealing for a bit.

None of them really live up to p2p, but some of these games are a good diversion. I do think Voyage Century is much closer to what I want from a pirate game than PoTBS. I really was hoping for PotBS to be a bit better, not a lot worse.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by Arcken

Seems to me these F2P games are only enjoying attention as people are bored and pacing waiting for the next release of a "quality" p2p game.

Nope I'm not  waiting for the "next big game".  I'm enjoying good quality free games that I can relax and enjoy even if they do grind simply because I am not paying a monthly sub.

Do I need the best graphics?  Nope

Are any of the P2P games more fun to play?  I doubt it.

"Bored". Blah blah blah, everyones bored playing games. Gawd If I had a nickel for every time someone has posted that statement I'd probably have enough money to make my own MMORPG.

People just don't know how to have fun anymore.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!