Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trading/selling computer... possible?

pirateerpirateer Member UncommonPosts: 219

I'm going to do a lot of traveling from now on, and I need to sell my desktop to buy a laptop. Or I could trade it in for a gaming laptop. It's an excellent computer, and I don't want to sell it online, or at a pawn shop (I don't feel comfortable). I live in the USA and bought the computer at Best Buy. I was wondering if a big corporation like Best Buy or Circuit City would buy my computer, or let me trade it in.

I bought it at Best Buy July 17th/18th 2007, so I don't know if they'll let me return it.

If online is the only way to sell it (other than pawning it), then I guess I'm out of luck...

Any help is much appreciated!

Comments

• CleffyIICleffyII Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,440

Tigersdirect buys PCs as part of its Recycling Program.  However, not for alot.

• pirateerpirateer Member UncommonPosts: 219
    Originally posted by CleffyII

Tigersdirect buys PCs as part of its Recycling Program.  However, not for alot.

My computer was about $1100, so I was trying to fetch a price of about ~$600-700 dollars, would they buy it for that much?

• Varlok91Varlok91 Member Posts: 396

What are the specs?

--------------------------------
    Desktop - AMD 8450 Tri Core, 3 gigs of DDR2 800 RAM, ATI HD 3200 Graphics, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
    Laptop (Dell Latitude E6400) - Intel P8400, 2 GIGs of RAM, Intel X4500, Windows XP Professional

• pirateerpirateer Member UncommonPosts: 219

Manufacturer: Gateway

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, MMX, 3DNow (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz

RAM: 2 GB

Hard Drive: 500 GB

Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT

Monitor: Gateway FPD1975W (1440 x 900 resolution)

Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio output

Keyboard/Mouse: USB

Operating System: Windows Vista SP1