Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some new screenies from a new player

Some screenies I really wanted to share

played on a q6600 + 2x8800gtx sli and 8gb ram

with 8x fsaa and relative high settings (nowhere near the max though)

Comments

• slythsslyths Member UncommonPosts: 208

aint bad at all...

• Da1eDa1e Member Posts: 357

Heyyyy,

you may want to try doing the setfog command?

/setfog 200000, 400000, 120, 120, 240

or easier

/setfog 999999

i recommend the first one.

makes it look nicer, looks like you aren't using it :)

----------------
    Hello!

• Jonas_SGJonas_SG Member UncommonPosts: 475
    Originally posted by sairusco

My my, such a powerfull machine, and still not enough?

What would it take to run this game on max?

• PsycroatPsycroat Member UncommonPosts: 28

Some really nice screenshots.

Yet not a mob or other player anywhere to be seen.

~If you run, you'll only die tired~

• SirLornSirLorn Member UncommonPosts: 212

Heh......I run a Phenom Tri-Core 9850, with 4 Gigs of Crucial 1066, on a Crossfire rdy board, with a single ATI 4850 1gig, 1 Terabyte of SATA.....I run at Ultra High settings.....and tweak that preset even higher......

Actually there isn't anything I have thrown at this setup thus far that it hasn't almost responded vocally, "Oh ok, u sure you don''t want to run two instances of this program?! "

Oh, including AoC, runs great.....

Ciao

*EDIT - LOL Psycroat, maybe that was their intention?!  VG is btw one of the largest MMO's out in regards to land mass to scale.....so even heavy population, it is easy to get away from PCs and NPCs alike

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888
    Originally posted by Da1e

Heyyyy,

or easier

/setfog 999999

Personally I always felt this defeated the atmosphere that a particular place is trying to set.  Some area's in qalia you can see a long ways, where some places in thestra are kinda hazy and you can see a short distance.  

Yeah you can turn the fogging off and see forever and it is quite amazing but it isn't realistic either.

---
    Ethion

• sairuscosairusco Member Posts: 133
    Originally posted by Jonas_SG

I think I can run the game on max, but I forced anti aliasing using supersamples through the driver panel which has an enormous impact on the framerate, so to balance that I reduced some settings like the textures and the range of view etc.

Originally posted by ethion

Heyyyy,

or easier

/setfog 999999

Personally I always felt this defeated the atmosphere that a particular place is trying to set.  Some area's in qalia you can see a long ways, where some places in thestra are kinda hazy and you can see a short distance.  

Yeah you can turn the fogging off and see forever and it is quite amazing but it isn't realistic either.

Exactly Ethion and that is also why I don´t use that command :-) but thanks for sharing Da1e, I know there area lot of people who like that command a lot.

and some combat screenies:

• DraccanDraccan Member Posts: 1,050

Nice screens. Thanks for adding.

I would try Vanguard if only they had a meaningful pvp system. And If they didn't have an empty pvp server.

Everything I heard about the game sounds nice except the pvp and the emptiness of the game.

Game looks really barren on those screenies.

If SOE invested some good $ in this game they would have a state of the art game. And I am not just talking about trial islands. Then again they are probably scared to do so due to the NGE stuff..

• TheHowellerTheHoweller Member Posts: 407

This made me giggle...

If you want to run Vanguard at full...Load up Windows XP :)

I was running it on Vista, and when I switched back to XP 64-bit, I got a solid gain of 15 FPS...I was able to turn up my graphics settings...  Not even close to full, but I'm sure he'd be able to improve his settings if he went back to XP, assuming he has Vista.

-------------------------------
    It's honestly like everyone logs onto WoW, and games like WoW, just to masturbate. Everyone plays by themselves, and when they don't, they get what they want and get off.
    -------------------------------
    Originally posted by atziluth...
    Ah yes when the unreasonable are faced with reason they must resort to personal attacks...When you are ready to move up from the kids table you can talk with the grown ups.

Originally posted by TheHoweller

This made me giggle...

If you want to run Vanguard at full...Load up Windows XP :)

I was running it on Vista, and when I switched back to XP 64-bit, I got a solid gain of 15 FPS...I was able to turn up my graphics settings...  Not even close to full, but I'm sure he'd be able to improve his settings if he went back to XP, assuming he has Vista.

I tried both, but fps wise I didn't matter that much for me.

But to be honest the game engine can still use some improving performance wise, the game is playable and I can live with it in it's current state, but improvements would be very welcome.

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982
    Originally posted by SirLorn

Heh......I run a Phenom Tri-Core 9850, with 4 Gigs of Crucial 1066, on a Crossfire rdy board, with a single ATI 4850 1gig, 1 Terabyte of SATA.....I run at Ultra High settings.....and tweak that preset even higher......

edit (again):  Forgot to mention to the OP that I liked the shots.  I get tunnel vision from time to time and forgot to mention it previously.

Ditto.  All options are at their highest and all sliders are maxed (aside from that awful atmospheric distortion "I lost my glasses" effect).

I get an average of 30 to 32 FPS with about 18 FPS being the low.  There is a bug that will cause FPS to occasionally drop to a mere 8, but that doesn't tend to be permanent and a restart of the game client clears it.

Then there are bushes and trees that refuse to display yet still block your path...

In spite of the bugs it still manages to be a beautiful world.

edit:  A screen shot:

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

A shot of my lvl 22 bard in VG.  Settings are generally maxed by the shot is cropped.

bippy

Ethion lvl 46 rogue

Beta Ethion lvl 34 rogue (something like that)

---
    Ethion

• bcrankshawbcrankshaw Member Posts: 547

Nice pics :)

"after the time of dice came the day of mice "

• CrnobogCrnobog Member Posts: 74
    Originally posted by ethion

Heyyyy,

or easier

/setfog 999999

Warhammer Online
    Crnobog, The Black God
    Chaos Chosen
    <Guildless>

• CrnobogCrnobog Member Posts: 74

Some very nice screenshots in this thread, just shows how stunning the graphics in this game really are.

Warhammer Online
    Crnobog, The Black God
    Chaos Chosen
    <Guildless>

Originally posted by Mysk

edit (again):  Forgot to mention to the OP that I liked the shots.  I get tunnel vision from time to time and forgot to mention it previously.

Ditto.  All options are at their highest and all sliders are maxed (aside from that awful atmospheric distortion "I lost my glasses" effect).

I get an average of 30 to 32 FPS with about 18 FPS being the low.  There is a bug that will cause FPS to occasionally drop to a mere 8, but that doesn't tend to be permanent and a restart of the game client clears it.

Then there are bushes and trees that refuse to display yet still block your path...

I think you might know this already, but just to be sure, you can use the /flush command as well to counter the "framerate drop bug" (at least that works for me)

btw really nice sccreenshots Mysk and Ethion

• SirLornSirLorn Member UncommonPosts: 212

It has some low setting pieces, and some max settings pieces, but here is a vid I made in VG -

www.wegame.com/watch/PvP_in_VG_still/

Ciao

• MyskMysk Member Posts: 982

Originally posted by Mysk

I think you might know this already, but just to be sure, you can use the /flush command as well to counter the "framerate drop bug" (at least that works for me)

btw really nice sccreenshots Mysk and Ethion

Thanks!

...and I'll try /flush next time.  That's something obvious that I should have thought of, but I've been relogging to fix it.