Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kinda bored...

HardcorebassHardcorebass Member Posts: 101

I don't know how but, I think I'm kinda bored on the game. It's just that the pve isn't really that good, I used to play that, but after a while, you don't know what to do anymore. Are there other ppl who feel like this? And if so, what do you do in the game to have fun?

I'm thinking to switch to wow, becuz of the better pve. Maybe I will feel better about it again when gw2 comes out. We will c.

Comments

• PepsipwnzgodPepsipwnzgod Member Posts: 203

Before you start wow think of this.

From 1 to 20 in Guild wars depending on which storyline it takes tops 10 hours of gameplay, that's about level 15 on WoW, WoW on the other hand stops at 70 which will soon be raised to 80, starting before an expansion is smart/stupid in dif ways because you wont have any guild connections but you also wont have any enemies.

When you get bored in guild wars a game totally based on PVP, the one thing you should do is, PVP

-----------------------------
    IVE PLAYED WOW AND LIKED IT SO IM A FANBOI PLZ FLAME MY THREADS CUZ I MIGHT MENTION WOW

• BodyBuilderBodyBuilder Member Posts: 176
    Originally posted by Hardcorebass

I don't know how but, I think I'm kinda bored on the game. It's just that the pve isn't really that good, I used to play that, but after a while, you don't know what to do anymore. Are there other ppl who feel like this? And if so, what do you do in the game to have fun?
    I'm thinking to switch to wow, becuz of the better pve. Maybe I will feel better about it again when gw2 comes out. We will c.

Why not play PvP?

This is what Guild Wars was really built around...  I put in 3,500+ hours and 3 account in this game before I got tired... and I kind of want to go back... but I just like the PvP.  I beat the PvE with every class and every expansion pack.

If you don't do much PvP, I would also suggest trying the Lord of the Rings trial.  Very PvE, free expansions, tons of amazing story driven quest.

• HardcorebassHardcorebass Member Posts: 101

Yeh, I alrdy considered to start with pvp... I did everything execept hero battles. I'd like to raise my gladiator title, but the point is that's it isn't easy to get many wins if u can't chose ur party. AB is fun, for a while and HA is too difficult. :p

Maybe I should play wow for pve and gw for pvp :p

Is wow pvp any good?

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

its good to take breaks from any game

I constantly rotate among EQ2 / WOW / GuildWars -- when I get bored of one, I start playing another

• HardcorebassHardcorebass Member Posts: 101

Ye, can be true, nadia, but don't u hav the feeling that u're not especially good in just one game? Isn't it harder to get a good image in-game when u diverse? Especially GW pvp takes a lot of time to get good ranks.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

may be true - I dont personally PVP much

• VarvulfVarvulf Member Posts: 9

I play in the original as well as Factions, Nightfall and Eye of the North. I have been playing for a little over 28 months and still find a lot of areas that I have never been in yet. If you like exploring there is a huge amount of content that will never be seen by anyone following the Quest/mission storyline only.

If you have Nightfall there are 12 treasures scattered from the beginning to end game areas that will give gold or platinum along with a random gold item, and it can be fun trying to find and collect all of these.

Play with builds. Try to make a character that is capable of running solo and surviving in high end areas, not using Wiki's canned builds, to farm drops. When I truly get bored I make up a character class that should not logically work, like an ele/war using war skills only, and build them up using Runes, Insignias, and weapons to increase the health and armor. Sometimes these turn into extremely effective characters that are a blast to play, and sometimes they die a lot. lol

I guess basically I'm saying explore the options outside the normal storyline to extend the PVE  entertainment aspect of the game for a while longer. It has worked for me so far and has given me things to do after completing the storyline in all 4 areas.

Running with friends helps a lot too. Lately we have been killing a particular boss because my friend needs his drop to complete his destroyer core solo farming build on his Warrior. Even if we just get together and pick an area to completely empty of hostile NPC's it can be a blast.