Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Ayase why don't you answer the question about possible micropayments in Aion?

RedwoodSapRedwoodSap Member Posts: 1,235

I won't want to invest time in Aion if NCsoft is unwilling to promise never to employ micropayments in Aion with their PlayNC micropayments revenue system they are planning for other games.

It's a reasonable expectation not to be baited and switched after I have chosen to invest time in Aion because it is marketed as a flat subscription based revenue game.

Comments

• DawnJWDawnJW Member Posts: 108
    Originally posted by RedwoodSap

I won't want to invest time in Aion if NCsoft is unwilling to promise never to employ micropayments in Aion with their PlayNC micropayments revenue system they are planning for other games.
    It's a reasonable expectation not to be baited and switched after I have chosen to invest time in Aion because it is marketed as a flat subscription based revenue game.

True, they leared from their previous Game: Lineage II. And start to do it more West style now. It will if it is good in all GameStops, like WoW, Tabula Rasa, Guild Wars. Etc. Etc. go on. There iwll also be nw Payment options, not only Credit Card, don't know more of this, wait for a reply of Kieron.

• AyaseAyase Aion Community CoordinatorMember Posts: 118
    Originally posted by RedwoodSap

Hello Redwood, I'm glad that you're aware of my presence. I generally try to answer everything I can and have an answer to. If I haven't responded to a question in a particular case (I'm not sure if there's any specific thread you are referring to) it's simply because I don't have an answer yet. When it's decided, information will go out through our ordinary channels (www.aiononline.com for an example) and I will be able to provide feedback in threads concerning it. Ultimately, I hope you have understanding for that I can't give you an answer on a topic which has not been finalized, such as the business model. That's pretty much it. ;)

---
    Sebastian Streiffert
    Community Representative - Aion

Follow my twitter! aion_ayase
    * In order to cover my back, things I write are of course subject to change.

• DraganceDragance Member Posts: 90

oh god please dont put in micro payments, that would seriously piss me off

• CyntheCynthe Member UncommonPosts: 1,414

This would make a very bad impression on me if they added micro transactions, however I suspect this might be something available in asia and not here..... It's possible we won't share the same business model, at the same time NCsoft isn't the only company going the micro transaction way... Companies in the west are realizing they can make a sizable profit this way so you're to see more of this as time goes on. I can only hope they do it fairly....

(,,,)=^__^=(,,,)

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

Honestly, as long as it only gives cosmetic items, I wont mind, yet if it confers any advantage to those willing to pay I will be a little put off on the game. I understand they need to make money somehow, but the one major fact that keeps me away from many F2P MMOs, or stops me from playing for long, is that Item shops many times offer items that give unfair advantages to those who pay for them.

Which is why, for now, I play WoW and GW...

I rather be pwned by people who dedicate time, not money, in an MMO lol

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081

I wouldn't play it either, if they put Microtransactions in.

• KurushKurush Member Posts: 1,303

Ayase isn't saying anything because NCSoft hasn't given them a clear word, one way or another.

NCSoft isn't saying anything because they want to keep their options open.  They might suddenly decide that a cash shop looks rather tasty.

Personally, I doubt they will do it, but that's for business reasons.  Not because NCSoft is simply that nice.

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583

Itemshops suck big time. As much as I am looking forward to this game I would skip it if there were a itemshop system setup.

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by M1sf1t

Itemshops suck big time. As much as I am looking forward to this game I would skip it if there were a itemshop system setup.

There wont be any itemshop. Just P2P option , wich will cost 15$. Don't worry about Itemshop.

A game like Aion and with big money investment , will not ruine them self to go for a F2P with cash shop.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• CainethCaineth Aion CorrespondentMember Posts: 42
    Originally posted by IceAge

There wont be any itemshop. Just P2P option , wich will cost 15$. Don't worry about Itemshop.

A game like Aion and with big money investment , will not ruine them self to go for a F2P with cash shop.

There were some talks about an additional item shop being added, for stuff like cosmetic changes, which would require IRL money to be utilized. There has not been any indication of this coming to Europe/US though, and there should be no need to worry about someting like that at these early stages. Ayase and the rest of the NCsoft EU/US crew are well aware of what we western players think of such systems.

-
    Kenneth Tarre - Aion Correspondent
    The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Originally posted by Caineth

There were some talks about an additional item shop being added, for stuff like cosmetic changes, which would require IRL money to be utilized. There has not been any indication of this coming to Europe/US though, and there should be no need to worry about someting like that at these early stages. Ayase and the rest of the NCsoft EU/US crew are well aware of what we western players think of such systems.

To be honest, I would pay for customization packs. I've even posted about such systems before. Just so long as they are cosmetic and don't allow for any ingame enhancements.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854

You do realise ncsoft opened up a micro payment system using something they call NCoin and that the first game to use this micropayment system was a free game called Exteel, a scifi third person shooter where you command a huge mech...developed for the US...

So im sorry your comment about ncsoft "knowing what EU/US want" in regards to  this payment system is complete speculation on your part.

• CainethCaineth Aion CorrespondentMember Posts: 42
    Originally posted by jinxit

You do realise ncsoft opened up a micro payment system using something they call NCoin and that the first game to use this micropayment system was a free game called Exteel, a scifi third person shooter where you command a huge mech...developed for the US...

So im sorry your comment about ncsoft "knowing what EU/US want" in regards to  this payment system is complete speculation on your part.

You do realise that for a non-subscription game, micro-transactions are critical for its survival?

Aion is in another league... but you're right, I have no facts, so it's all speculation on my part. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I did know about the NCoin deal though.

-
    Kenneth Tarre - Aion Correspondent
    The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.

• ThradarThradar Member Posts: 949

I can promise you I won't touch this game with a 100' pole if it is F2P, has micropayments to unlock features, or has any payment system other than a monthly P2P structure.

Thanks.

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665

Personally I will play this game, it doesn't matter whatever business model NCsoft adopts (F2P or P2P) because I have faith in the developers and believe this game really deserves it. Despite what all the old school players clamoring about F2P being a sucky business model (it's sucky for them) it's actually a fast growing payment system. I predict more and more games will adopt this micropayment system in the future. You only pay when you are heavily into the game and stop paying if you just want to play casually. It doesn't have to be something that is expensive if you are smart about it.

• DawnJWDawnJW Member Posts: 108
    Originally posted by liddokun

Personally I will play this game, it doesn't matter whatever business model NCsoft adopts (F2P or P2P) because I have faith in the developers and believe this game really deserves it. Despite what all the old school players clamoring about F2P being a sucky business model (it's sucky for them) it's actually a fast growing payment system. I predict more and more games will adopt this micropayment system in the future. You only pay when you are heavily into the game and stop paying if you just want to play casually. It doesn't have to be something that is expensive if you are smart about it.

No Monthlee fee is the best? If you can't pay this little amount a Month? Whiout the Monthlee Fee, there are also coming Kids! that Scream things like: MONEY MONEY!! UR A NOOBASSS... And if you come into a Town or Village you will be invited to join a Guild / Clan / Legion every Minute.No i prefer Monthlee Fee. And how Aion want's to pay their Servers?

And go on, no i don't want that

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Originally posted by Thradar

I can promise you I won't touch this game with a 100' pole if it is F2P, has micropayments to unlock features, or has any payment system other than a monthly P2P structure.
    Thanks.

I believe it will be monthly payments. However I would not be surprised if there was some sort of method to pay for additonal items. I don't think it will be like paying for weapons or money but somethign that gives cosmetic benefits.

But we will wait and see.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by Thradar

Thanks.

I believe it will be monthly payments. However I would not be surprised if there was some sort of method to pay for additonal items. I don't think it will be like paying for weapons or money but somethign that gives cosmetic benefits.

But we will wait and see.

You could be right, i have noticed that NCsoft have been focusing a lot of there attention on the customisation of characters especially clothing and armours, they even made a video show casing how "awesome" you can make your character with various clothing.....

• Pyro240Pyro240 Member Posts: 194

If micro payments were implemented, I'd never play it, because it sucks.

I'd like monthly fees way better than some stupid 'mall' thing..

nom nom nom