Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Speed nerf incoming.

2»

Comments

• mf_ravenmf_raven Member Posts: 48

Stop whining here to about nerf, official site isnt enough for whining !?!?

Adept to new rules or go play WOW ffs !!!!

• BigDave7481BigDave7481 Member Posts: 298

I agree that a speed nerf is needed and glad its finally here.  My only concern is how this will effect ships that are designed to make use of the MWD/speed as per its role, like Blaster ships.  I have 50M+ sp completely designed around Blasters/close range combat and I dont want to see it become ineffective.

• LordmonkusLordmonkus Member Posts: 808
    Originally posted by BigDave7481

I agree that a speed nerf is needed and glad its finally here.  My only concern is how this will effect ships that are designed to make use of the MWD/speed as per its role, like Blaster ships.  I have 50M+ sp completely designed around Blasters/close range combat and I dont want to see it become ineffective.

Blaster and other short range setup ships won't become ineffective but more role specialized rather than the "i'll just use my nanoship for everything" role they have now.

The speed nerf is a good change, not because nanos were overpowered and unstoppable because they did have their counters but because it will make other ships and module useful again.

• batolemaeusbatolemaeus Member CommonPosts: 2,061

Originally posted by BigDave7481

It will actually make your life easier. Get close, activate a 2p scram (deactivates enemy mwd), activate web. As long as your opponent doesn't have a 2p scram too (which is unlikely, disruptors are fitted for additional range, a 9km scram is of no benefit for most ships), you will have the ability to mwd, but your opponent will not.
    You could even have a chance to disengage if it goes wrong, but that heavily depends on your ship.

It's all a bit fuzzy, i'll wait until i have time for sisi.

• jagd1jagd1 Member Posts: 281
    Originally posted by phantom195

The nano problem didn't start last week or last month.

I blame revelation for nano problem ,Speed rigs and   ODII and nanofiber II invention caused this problem since than and iirc ODs were adding 30-35 m/s before than changed to % increase.There were speedy ships back at old days machs mainly but you had to have expensive faction fits (no tech2  OD or nanofibers than) and steel balls to use them .

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    Originally posted by mf_raven

Stop whining here to about nerf, official site isnt enough for whining !?!?
    Adept to new rules or go play WOW ffs !!!!

Naw, we don't want to play the game you're playing.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• JokolivedJokolived Member Posts: 23

There really is not a nano problem. Though there is an issue with the snakes and polycarbon rigs giving such huge bonuses. I agree partly with a nerf to nano but the way they have done it really weakens non nano ships such as blasters.

• MalthrosMalthros Member Posts: 239
    Originally posted by Elsabolts

Its good to see that ccp sees the benifit of the NGE that sony used hopefully more change will come to make the game more fair to new players. Good move.

I'd like to introduce you to Tarminic's Rule:

http://eve-search.com/thread/734396/page/all

I like when people compare fixing a broken game mechanic (unpenalized nano fits) to completely redesigning a game.